Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This Seasons Squad (2010/11)  (Read 47744 times)
Reisse

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 17:16:48 »

Well hopefully danny keeps the squad together.

Players to keep realistically : Austin, McGovern, Cuthbert,Greer, Lucas, Smith,Douglas, Péricard, Morrison,Kennedy, Amankwaah, O'Brien,Bodin, Evans  and Hopefully Ferry and Ward

Players to release - Easton, Timlin, Macklin, Marshall, Jesionkowski, Jean-François

Players who might leave to other clubs - Sheehan , Paynter

I would like danny to bring in better central midfielders as back up to douglas & ferry or pushing them for starting roles and a better defender to replace Jean-François. a back up to mcGrovern , possible adomah from barnet, who knows?

but over all the squad is the strongest with had at swindon for years -  as long as we don't lose key players. austin, cuthbert.etc....

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:37:48 »

Those who havent already been offered contracts will go

No one is sure if LJF has been offered anything.

Paynter will go.

Sheehan wont have any offers from the Championship so will probably end up here.

Ferry will sign

None of our players under contract will be sold. Those with 1 year left to run (Douglas? Cuthbert? Greer?) should be offered new deals asap.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:41:22 »

Players to keep realistically : Austin, McGovern, Cuthbert,Greer, Lucas, Smith,Douglas, Péricard, Morrison,Kennedy, Amankwaah, O'Brien,Bodin, Evans  and Hopefully Ferry and Ward

Players to release - Easton, Timlin, Macklin, Marshall, Jesionkowski, Jean-François

I would like danny to bring in better central midfielders as back up to douglas & ferry or pushing them for starting roles and a better defender to replace Jean-François. a back up to mcGrovern , possible adomah from barnet, who knows?

but over all the squad is the strongest with had at swindon for years -  as long as we don't lose key players. austin, cuthbert.etc....

Yes please, he has rejected a new deal there and the one thing our side needs is pace.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:54:01 »

I would like to see Ward come back on loan, but unfortunatley i think that if he isn't challenging for Bolotn's squad then he will end upon loan in the Championship.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:23:15 »

Paynter will go.

Sheehan wont have any offers from the Championship so will probably end up here.

Ferry will sign

None of our players under contract will be sold. Those with 1 year left to run (Douglas? Cuthbert? Greer?) should be offered new deals asap.

I agree with Douglas, Cuthbert & Greer being offered new deals asap as Cuthbert is going to be some player and we don't want to lose risking losing him for nothing in a years time and Douglas is the main man who keeps things together in midfield he must stay.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:25:31 »

I dont give a fuck if Paynter goes to be honest

I would have liked to see Easton on for Ferry today to be honest.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:05:18 »

Paynter will go.

Ferry will sign

I agree with pretty much all of this.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:25:44 »

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Me too. Though I'm not sure about Sheehan, he thinks he's Championship material whilst some of his recent performances have been League Two material. I could see Wilson looking for a better left back and keep Kennedy and LJF as cover.

Paynter will go to a Championship team, though most likely one with limited funds or in the bottom half.

I'm having real problems convincing myself that there is a chance Ward will be back next season. He'll be in the Bolton 1st team squad next season, our best bet is if it doesn't work out and they offload him in January - but I really can't see that happening as he is just too good.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:27:10 »

Paynter can go-I wont miss him,we've lost far better players than him before.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Coca Fola

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:32:17 »

Paynter can go-I wont miss him,we've lost far better players than him before.

Agreed. Misses far more than he scores.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:17:04 »

Paynter was getting dogs abuse from behind me today, and to be honest I thought it was massively undeserved. He was getting moaned at for not winning headers - when he was doing his job and challenging and making them concede possession and give away throws. No one noticed his other build up play, he's just been made a bit of a scape-goat by fans and takes the stick even when others perhaps deserve it.

No one would ever moan at Austin, granted I know the shit pitch ruined that chance, but I wonder what the reaction would have been had it been Paynter....probably something along the lines of;

"PAYNTER YOU USELESS PRICK YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT, FUCK OFF. WILSON GET HIM OFF"

Or words to that affect, certainly from the numnuts behind me anyway.

Agree with the fact we've seen bigger players leave, jst dont think the stick is always warranted.

Come on YOU REDS!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:18:45 »

Paynter didn't look fit enough.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:21:25 »

Paynter didn't look fit enough.

Agree.  If the last 2 games had been in the middle of the league season, he wouldn't have been playing.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:22:32 »

Paynter looked like a man who left 2 weeks ago.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:24:53 »

paynter hardly chased anything down.

whether that is lack of fitness or he's made his decision on his future, i daren't consider
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: