Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: swindon-town-fc.co.uk  (Read 9188 times)
iffy

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 11:13:15 »

They all serve a different purpose as well.  Tie ups (as The Washbag has with s-t-fc.co.uk) are great, but no need to merge them all in my view.  It's great as it is.

Even the Adver site, which many deride on here, serves a purpose.  Add in the radio coverage on BBC Wiltshire, and I have to agree we are very well served.

actually, I'd have to add Moosehead (and even Jed) on Twitter gives us another good angle.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 13:00:12 »

actually, I'd have to add Moosehead (and even Jed) on Twitter gives us another good angle.

Definitely this.  I opened a new twitter account recently basically to follow Sam on match days.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 13:02:07 »

Definitely this.  I opened a new twitter account recently basically to follow Sam on match days.

I did this as well Ardiles. Very handy way of keeping up to date with goings on at the CG.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 22:31:35 »

Not really fair that you stump up the cost of £200-£300 a year as well as the time and dedication.
To be honest, I do it as much for myself as anyone else. More than happy to do it - would probably be doing something similar anyway even if I didn't have it out there on a site.

Have you not thought about rewriting the site in PHP for costs sake? I expect I could provide hosting free if that were the case. 
I did consider this a few years back, but at the time MySQL wasn't developed enough to do everything I needed to.  Sure it would be fine now, but the thought of rewriting everything isn't very appealing! I never learnt PHP, and I'm well out of touch with newer solutions. I dread the day that MS stop supporting classic ASP - all is fine in Windows Server 2012 so should be good for another five/six years at least.

However, for a long list of reasons, there's not a cat in hells chance of this site going anywhere near a Windows box and all the joys that entails. Smiley
Like Ugg boots, for example...

Occasionally something has cropped up on here which Richard has been able to use like the list of televised games which we developed...and some video clips...speaking of which are the bits like the Chelsea Simod cup game that bigbobjoylove posted up recently there?
I posted the goals from that game a few years back - have got 60 mins of highlights as well which I'll post in the run up to the Chelsea game.  I've also still got the rest of the 'first game' videos to upload that I haven't done yet... I've slowly been working my way through all the footage I've got, everything pre-2003 has now been converted to individual files (about 800 of them), ready to upload to YouTube.

And talking of Football Pinks, that's something else I'm working on... eventually want to get match reports for every game... long way to go on that one though.

Thanks all again for your comments and donation offers etc - if I ever fall on hard times I'll know where to come Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 23:45:06 »

I posted the goals from that game a few years back - have got 60 mins of highlights as well which I'll post in the run up to the Chelsea game.  I've also still got the rest of the 'first game' videos to upload that I haven't done yet... I've slowly been working my way through all the footage I've got, everything pre-2003 has now been converted to individual files (about 800 of them), ready to upload to YouTube.

And talking of Football Pinks, that's something else I'm working on... eventually want to get match reports for every game... long way to go on that one though.

Thanks all again for your comments and donation offers etc - if I ever fall on hard times I'll know where to come Smiley

Smiley

The microfiche at the library, has all the Advers with match reports. For some reason, to do with circumstances, I gave up looking at very early stuff when the Ref, moved into the new build, and was amalgamated with the general banks of computer strangeness, that now pervades the place.

I haven't the first clue about how it could be done...but it would be beyond awesome.

I don't even know whether the facility to look up old games in the Adver is still available
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 23:47:21 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 12, 2013, 18:09:27 »

Does the club have an official Club Archivist?  Just a thought.  Maybe Richard wouldn't want to formalise things in that way, but for a retainer of - say - £500 a year, maybe the club could help fund the site.  It's that good, I think they might consider it.  Just a thought.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:56:22 »

Does the club have an official Club Archivist?  Just a thought.  Maybe Richard wouldn't want to formalise things in that way, but for a retainer of - say - £500 a year, maybe the club could help fund the site.  It's that good, I think they might consider it.  Just a thought.

I always thought it was Paul ploughman, although maybe he wasn't official?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:38:35 »

I thought it was Dick Mattick a few years ago under old co
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:43:45 »

I thought it was Dick Mattick a few years ago under old co

My old history teacher, it was definitely him for a while in early 2000s
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:34:27 »

I think you're getting into a pickle.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:46:12 »

He knows his onions, though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:50:23 »

Maybe he just did it at lunch time
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:57:41 »

Stop with the cheese guys.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 19:22:05 »

Had a ploughmans lunch today...poor fucker wasn't amused.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, November 3, 2013, 12:05:04 »

Cant get on the site today - same for anyone else ??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: