Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: swindon-town-fc.co.uk  (Read 9186 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 15:07:03 »

Well spotted Venkman. Cheers.
Welcome, no idea why they chose that link for the ugg website though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 21:31:35 »

Thanks all... turned out it was a security flaw on the Windows server that as yet hasn't been fixed by a patch - had to have it move it to a different server with a more recent OS.

Typical that this happened while I was away and couldn't do anything about it!

adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 21:59:35 »

Cant seem to get the ugg site at all

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 23:26:36 »

Thanks all... turned out it was a security flaw on the Windows server that as yet hasn't been fixed by a patch - had to have it move it to a different server with a more recent OS.

Typical that this happened while I was away and couldn't do anything about it!

Out of interest does it cost much to run this website or do you make any return from it? How many hours go in to maintaining it?

It's a cracking website it has to be said.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 20:04:38 »

Out of interest does it cost much to run this website or do you make any return from it? How many hours go in to maintaining it?

It's a cracking website it has to be said.

Thanks. 

It costs me two or three hundred a year, I purposely don't make any money from it. As for hours.... depends what I'm working on - I've always got lots of projects on the go for the site, but progress is slow depending on work & family stuff.  I spend far longer on it than I should, have got lots of things in progress right now but lots still to do to get them in a state to be ready for the site, and loads of ideas that I've not started on yet.... I haven't even got around to updating last year's player profiles yet. 

What I really need is a lottery win and early retirement!
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 20:46:06 »

Excellent site. Have you considered contacting the club and asking them to integrate it into the OS?
Perhaps you could take a share of the advertising revenue for maintaining it.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 20:55:14 »

Yes, it's a great site. An amazing piece of work which, clearly, has taken a huge amount of time and devotion to build and maintain.  I use it regularly as a source of reference.  Thanks!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 21:00:55 »

Its like the anti-wikipedia of Swindon Town. A one man (or women) project full of accurate facts. Its great.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 21:16:10 »

This is my favourite site on the World Wide Web.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 21:44:51 »

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Have you considered contacting the club and asking them to integrate it into the OS?
Perhaps you could take a share of the advertising revenue for maintaining it.

I haven't, no.... I'm not really interested in making any money out of it.  Besides that, I've used photos and videos that I don't hold copyright for - don't want to run into any issues on that front.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 23:42:07 »

Thanks. 

It costs me two or three hundred a year, I purposely don't make any money from it. As for hours.... depends what I'm working on - I've always got lots of projects on the go for the site, but progress is slow depending on work & family stuff.  I spend far longer on it than I should, have got lots of things in progress right now but lots still to do to get them in a state to be ready for the site, and loads of ideas that I've not started on yet.... I haven't even got around to updating last year's player profiles yet. 

What I really need is a lottery win and early retirement!

Dedication....it is appreciated. If I ever get that lottery win myself I'd cover the costs for it myself. It's a type of site a lot of clubs aren't fortunate enough to have I would think.

Not really fair that you stump up the cost of £200-£300 a year as well as the time and dedication. I'm thinking there must be some obvious way to raise the funds but no light bulb going off in my head just yet.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 07:02:53 »

Give him 300 quid. Or ask for donations.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 07:11:25 »

Talking of copyright Chalky, didn't you nick your avatar off his site? I'd say that's punishable by a fine of, say, £300.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 07:18:55 »

Talking of copyright Chalky, didn't you nick your avatar off his site? I'd say that's punishable by a fine of, say, £300.

Rofl
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 08:42:45 »

Have you not thought about rewriting the site in PHP for costs sake? I expect I could provide hosting free if that were the case. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: