Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Donny v Swindon 2-9-23 Matchday Thread  (Read 15479 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 07:27:25 »

Obviously I’m wrong, but I’m convinced Austin was booked in the 1st half as well as the 2nd.

Wouldn’t surprise me with that ref.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 07:31:12 »

Obviously I’m wrong, but I’m convinced Austin was booked in the 1st half as well as the 2nd.

Wouldn’t surprise me with that ref.

First half one was Khan, but it did look like Austin. Ref had a habit of flourishing his yellow in the direction of a group of players and it not being at all clear who was being booked - sometimes from which team!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 07:32:32 »

Amazing FBT managed to avoid one
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 07:42:31 »

Was the austin miss (right foot slotted wide) and RHM miss (austin header across goal and RHM couldn’t get any contact) both offside btw? I presumed they were but couldn’t tell watching on IPTV
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 08:09:34 »

Was the austin miss (right foot slotted wide) and RHM miss (austin header across goal and RHM couldn’t get any contact) both offside btw? I presumed they were but couldn’t tell watching on IPTV

The 2nd one was, can't remember the first one but may well have been as Austin was involved.
By that I mean Charlie does seem to get caught offside a lot in the box these days.
It's something that does need to be worked on & an experienced striker should be able to sort himself out in those situations.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 08:43:01 »

Yep - both off
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #336 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 08:48:47 »

Having slept on it its definately 2 points dropped.

We were playing the bottom team without a win and only 1 draw so far and they were down to 10 men for an entire half yet we couldnt break them down.

Last week everything we hit basically went in, yesterday not sure if we actually made their keeper make one proper save all game.

No idea why Flynn took off Uwakwe who was our only player at the time getting consistant crosses into the box, we starting pressing down their left with him on and spreading the play more, when RHM came on we put everything down the right again yet there was acres of space on the left where Young was ploughing a lone furrow.

Brewitt started well but 2nd half was a liability at times, its likely he will be the last player back most of the time buthe was exposed a lot yesterday and against a better team we could easily have lost that.

Austin for me was very poor all game, didnt dictate play or bring others into the game and missed a couple of decent chances too.

Doncaster were a mid table side who passed well at times if very sideways in their passing, they reminded me of us last season under Lindsey, pass, pass, pass but without one pass being into the danger zone taking any risks.

RHM looked lively when he came on but he should have come on for Austin for me not Uwakwe, and Shade came on ran around and I dont think kicked the ball more than once.

Still unbeaten in 90 mins in our first 7 games is something to build upon.

On to a home game with Sutton next week who have not had a good start to the season with 1 win and 5 defeats so far....interesting prospect.

Oh and a special mention to the ref, cant say hes the worst I have seen but fucking hell he was shit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 08:52:10 »

‘ On to a home game with Sutton next week who have not had a good start to the season with 1 win and 5 defeats so far....interesting prospect.’

I bet Ward is looking forward to that one.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 09:01:43 »

Having slept on it its definately 2 points dropped.

We were playing the bottom team without a win and only 1 draw so far and they were down to 10 men for an entire half yet we couldnt break them down.

Last week everything we hit basically went in, yesterday not sure if we actually made their keeper make one proper save all game.

No idea why Flynn took off Uwakwe who was our only player at the time getting consistant crosses into the box, we starting pressing down their left with him on and spreading the play more, when RHM came on we put everything down the right again yet there was acres of space on the left where Young was ploughing a lone furrow.

Brewitt started well but 2nd half was a liability at times, its likely he will be the last player back most of the time buthe was exposed a lot yesterday and against a better team we could easily have lost that.

Austin for me was very poor all game, didnt dictate play or bring others into the game and missed a couple of decent chances too.

Doncaster were a mid table side who passed well at times if very sideways in their passing, they reminded me of us last season under Lindsey, pass, pass, pass but without one pass being into the danger zone taking any risks.

RHM looked lively when he came on but he should have come on for Austin for me not Uwakwe, and Shade came on ran around and I dont think kicked the ball more than once.

Still unbeaten in 90 mins in our first 7 games is something to build upon.

On to a home game with Sutton next week who have not had a good start to the season with 1 win and 5 defeats so far....interesting prospect.

Oh and a special mention to the ref, cant say hes the worst I have seen but fucking hell he was shit.

Perfectly summarised and agree.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 09:02:45 »

Amazing how we can go from peppering shots in for 5/6 games in a row to hardly having any at all against a team with 10 men. God knows what changed.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 09:16:20 »

Amazing how we can go from peppering shots in for 5/6 games in a row to hardly having any at all against a team with 10 men. God knows what changed.

Doncaster defended significantly better than Crawley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 12:20:31 »

It was Gillingham away last season all over again.

We become overly patient and whilst going wide is utilised to tire the opposition the lack of quality threaded through balls was woeful.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 12:23:44 »

My next away game will be Franchise I reckon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 12:35:46 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman

No idea why Flynn took off Uwakwe who was our only player at the time getting consistant crosses into the box, .

I'm still pretty sure this is a 'fitness'  thing.

"Tariq [Uwakwe] is not up to full fitness and neither is Jake Young." (mid August).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 12:36:41 »

Quote from: TheDukeOfBanbury
It was Gillingham away last season all over again.

We become overly patient and whilst going wide is utilised to tire the opposition the lack of quality threaded through balls was woeful.

I was very surprised he didn't try Cain earlier for that very reason.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: