Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 51310 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:00:40 »

If today proved one thing, it was that there are, indeed, worse sides than us in L2. No more talk of relegation, please.

We may be a bit mundane and capable of throwing in a truly dreadful performance, but honestly . . .

Unfortunately until the home form is sorted we'll continue the need to look down rather than up..... that is Wellens' challenge
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:03:07 »

Are you going to make a prediction for Tuesday?
or say nothing decisive and disappear till someone says relegation three times again?

I predict you won't be there.....
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:04:23 »

Ha ha ha

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:08:51 »

Predict a result and I値l go
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:12:20 »

ooooh. Go on reg, go on
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:15:18 »

Excellent win for Wellens, equivalent to the one Brown secured at Meadow Lane. We may overestimate the difference an alternative manager can make when the situation at a club remains the same. Do we know if Brown even had to be paid off by Power or is the Wellens appointment primarily a money saving exercise? Good luck to the new fella either way. Reckon we値l stay up... as we probably would have done under Brown.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:28:41 »

Unfortunately until the home form is sorted we'll continue the need to look down rather than up..... that is Wellens' challenge

You do realise we are closer to the top three than we are the bottom two?

And before you respond about form - we are only a point worse off the third placed team over the past five games.

Good first half today. a bit less assured in the second, but that's probably got a lot to do with confidence.  What it did show today, to Audrey's point, is that when our players perform, they are better than a lot of players in this division.  The trick s far has been managing to get them on song together, which seems to be a lot do with constant changes in formation and players as far as I can see.  Hopefully the first half is what Wellens can keep them producing.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:30:42 »

Predict a result and I値l go
I predict this is where Reg bottles it. & ends his post with a  Hmmm

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 18:31:43 »

Decent result, but Reg is right we do need to sort the home form out. If only to make it enjoyable to go and watch the team again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:37:04 »

You do realise we are closer to the top three than we are the bottom two?

Of course I do.... and today was important, had we slipped up and Notts held on for an extra 5 mins we'd have been 4 points off the drop zone. It's why having a bit of a buffer helps, you can afford a few slip-ups. Ideally we don't want to be flirting so intimately with the 23rd, 24th place.  With that in mind we've now 2 home games, where unless we get that improvement required since August, the buffer may well shrink again to uncomfortable proportions.

Sounds easy doesn't it Stevenage at home..... but the season has been dogged by injury and suspension so far and Tuesday will be no different.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:46:32 »

There's always someone who puts a damper on it, isn't there ??.  For fucks sake we've won, make the most of it.     Grin  Grin Grin

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Sir red ken

« Reply #236 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:49:29 »

A win on Tuesday would put us 4 points off the playoffs. Wellends is a tactical genius. There's enough of the season left for us to crash the promotion party. Just that little challenge of back to back wins.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:57:09 »

Att: 3,877 with 302 travelling
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:58:43 »

Not necessarily true. Other teams are playing as well.

I知 relying on us to finish as least 4th - fat chance. I致e got an accy with Middlesbrough, Luton and Swindon to finish 4th or better for nearly 」5000.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 19:59:49 »

Not necessarily true. Other teams are playing as well.

I知 relying on us to finish as least 4th - fat chance. I致e got an accy with Middlesbrough, Luton and Swindon to finish 4th or better for nearly 」5000.
Luton will let you down !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: