Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BRFC VS STFC OFFICIAL Matchday Thread  (Read 35127 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:09:41 »

Kerrouche is most definitely not on fire

Wasn't exactly great today but why he was brought off for Jervis instead of Magera was a baffling decision. Magera was woefull and once Kerrouche went off we resorted to hoof ball and the ball wasn't sticking to front two at all.
DRS

« Reply #316 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:14:37 »

To the few saying he doesn't have much to moan at the same can be said of us,14 games unbeaten and a team that gives a fuck.Are these just not the type of comments we expected hence why we all said it will be a rollercoaster.All managers moan they want more funds,fuck me both mancini and harry did last week paolo just does it differently
stfcinbmth

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:20:47 »

We have been a bit spoilt of late I guess, beating most sides that get put in front of us. In that context dropping two points in the 88th minute is a disappointment
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:32:12 »

Fair enough ... But I still dont think he has anything to moan about!

we dropped 2 points today!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:34:08 »

And the performance wasn't upto scratch. Every reason to moan if players aren't performing.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:36:12 »

I just think it was a little OTT!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #321 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:37:04 »

I thought that was a good game of football, a bit feisty and end to end stuff. For me it was a definite penalty and red card in the first few seconds. The ref gave us most things in the 1st half and fuck all in the 2nd.
Rovers should be higher up the league than they are. We didn't play that great today but we got a point. We've had 3 difficult away games in a row and won 2 and drew 1.
We was very good as usual. Caddis was MOM for me. Flint and McCormack had very good games. cibocchi wasn't at his best and I didn't see much wrong with his throws.
Smith and ferry did well - Ferry more so in the 2nd.
Gabilondo and DeVita were shite with Magera and Kerrouche being worse. If Gabilondo had a left foot he'd have scored 2. DiCanio went apeshit at him after the second miss and subbed him for Esajas who did fuck all apart from get a silly yellow and then gobbed it off at the ref. Jervis tried but he had no support.
Watching the game at Rovers is no better than watching a game at Supermarine.
The penatly incident joteddyred is referring to, I thought it hit Flint on the line.
All in all a decent day out that could have been better but Rovers deserved their draw. Thier support is total wank both in terms of numbers and support.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:37:42 »

But he's Italian. That's what Italians do! We all knew he was passionate before he arrived.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:44:35 »

..14 games unbeaten and a team that gives a fuck.Are these just not the type of comments we expected hence why we all said it will be a rollercoaster....

In all honesty no. I didn't expect to hear that he had started issuing ultimatums to the board, who have backed him to the hilt in my eyes. Particularly when we are on such a fantastic run.

But we don't actually know the context of his comments. Whether he was serious about what he said, or whether he was using it as a stick to beat his players, or whether he just said it without any thought whatsoever.

I'm still happy with a point, even if we were close to 3.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #324 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:47:54 »

Whilst disapointing that we conceded so late on I do agree with the majority in that we would have taken a point at the start. My marks:

Wes 7.             Not his most assured today
Caddi 7.           Played well but not as effective as normal in that their FB played him well
Aden 7.           Poor start and new that he was in a game today. Improved well in 2nd half
Cibo 5.             Poor. Missed Ridalgh
Rafa 6.            Thought he actually played well in 1st half but like most faded in 2nd half
Topboi 7           Thought we didn't use him as much. Was class when on the ball
Smudger 6        Not as effective today
Gabi 4              Terrible.
Mehdi 5            See Rafa, only less time
Lukas 5            Disapointing. Thought he improved when JJ came on

Easy 4              Worse than Gabi and thats saying something
JJ 7                  Thought he did well
Risser 4             Did he touch it?

Thought that the pitch was awful and had deliberately not been watered. Rovers played to their strengths (hoof ball).

Not overly disapointed by Paolo's comments as will all be forgotten come Monday.
DRS

« Reply #325 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:49:30 »

Was it a ultimatum though batch?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:53:26 »

Was it a ultimatum though batch?

The reported "get 4 or 5 players or I'll quit" ultimatum. Maybe those aren't his words, maybe he didn't mean it, fair enough, that is how it was reported.

Hmm, the adver have the quote:
I have already asked the chairman for three players, but now I want four or five, otherwise I will discuss my contract.

Not sure what to make of it...
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 20:56:36 by Batch » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 21:03:37 »

You could see how frustrated Di Canio was with our performance and the referee. I wouldn't read too much into his comments, he is very passionate and was extremely frustrated after the game.

The ref was shocking, they should have had a penalty in the first 20 seconds and he didn't get much right after that, he never let the game flow.

Very poor performance from us, we were lucky to get a draw, we gave away too many stupid free kicks in the second half. Caddis was brilliant as usual today, and a great goal. We definatley missed Ritchie more than I thought we would, we lacked width. De Vita comes inside too much and Gabi didn't have his best game for us.

Ferry had a good game, he hardly wasted a ball. I was impressed with Cibo's long throw that I never realised he had but it's not much use when he keeps taking them illegally.

Magera didn't offer a great deal and I was surprised when Kerrouche came off instead. Jervis looked decent when he came on but had no service. We played too much hoofball and it wasn't very effective.

We were lucky to get a point, but any point away from home is a good point and the unbeaten run continues.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 21:04:54 »

Went to the Wellington and had a drink with some good natured Rovers fans. Then sat in the tent behind the goal with a post and drainpipe blocking my view!

You just know how things are going to go from the first 5 minutes with Town, and we were all over the place. Fuck knows how they didn't score in the first minute. Caddis is our best player by far and his goal was outstanding, but he really missed the link up play with Ritchie today (I guess you could argue that's why he scored that goal!). We were very poor up front and only improved slightly when Jervis came on. No idea how Cibocchi gets in the side, he's dog shit. Some half decent performances from the likes of Ferry, Gabi, Flint and McCormack I guess.

I didn't know anything about Di Canio's comments until I got home but I can understand why he was so upset. Rovers deserved a point, if not all 3.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 21:11:14 »

The reported "get 4 or 5 players or I'll quit" ultimatum. Maybe those aren't his words, maybe he didn't mean it, fair enough, that is how it was reported.

Hmm, the adver have the quote:
Not sure what to make of it...

I'm a bit pissed and saw this news on my mobile on the train - I'm not happy and nor were anyone else on the train. I think I'll try to sober up first before making a comment. Btw we should have fucking stuffed Rovers.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: