Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: cheltnumb V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 11129 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 08:35:23 »

haha

nah

/
W56196272
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 08:37:47 »

That was truly wank. Really dissapointed with our display yesterday. Think DV sums it up well tbh. We could have done with Easton yesterday to battle and win balls. Casal was OK i didn't think he was that bad. What really dissapointed me was that if we had actually got the ball down and played a bit more we'd have won the game 2 or 3 nil. I thought both teams were poor but when it mattered we didn't show enough fight and bottle. At 10 against 11 we still flopped. In fact we got worse and our belief that we could still come back into it had gone.

Paynter going off was a huge blow and Peacock was absolute dog shite upfront. Can't wait till Corr's back because it would have been great to have him yesterday. We missed Ifil as well and with Morrison at CB we didn't look too good.

All in all very dissapointing. Our away shite continues sadly. At home we look a different team. It needs sorting. I will not be making another away trip for a while. Possibly not even for the rest of the season if we keep playing like that on the road.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 09:28:09 »

For all the slagging off of Paynter...it just showed yesterday what he does offer us. We missed him big time.

Thought we were pretty pants all over the park though, not really fair to single out individuals.
sonic youth

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 09:36:09 »

our away kit looks lush.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 09:40:22 »

Agree about Casal. Although Vincent might not be the most exciting left back, id feel far more comfotable with him in our team at the moment.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 09:43:48 »

One thing I am hoping to see is Casal over-lapping Mcnamee, hasn't really happened yet.

I'm sure that there is a lot more to come from Yinka.
sonic youth

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 09:45:14 »

he's young and adapting to english football; he'll improve i'm certain of it.

he needs to learn not to fuck around on the ball so much.
Panda Paws

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:33:33 »

Away from home is where we need to improve, and on yesterdays performance, it aint going to happen. As previously said, Paynter going off showed how important he is to the team, but more importantly, how important he is to Cox. We had nothing up top after he went off, with Cox having one real chance that be blazed over,

Brez, your 8'9" or something, come out and catch the bloody ball. We can't defend wide free kicks and corners for toffee, despite having all 11 players back.

I'm sick of Aljofree. I was in the minority last year when saying that he was not good enough, and he aint improving is he? Morrison isn't good enough for league football yet, simple. We need one, possibly both but slightly risky, of Ifil and Kanyuka, or try Vincent with Ifil, he can't be as bad as Hasney!

Nalis was not at the races todays, and my impartial mate who also happens to play football at quite a high level thought he was absolute gash, without knowing who he is or where he's come from. I tad harsh, but he wasn't as good as we all expect him to be, likewise Timlin.

This aint going to be popular but, until we start improving away from home, I'd concentrate on not conceding and scrap our way to points. Play a narrow midfield with JPM, Nalis, Easton, Timlin. Stop conceding goals, double up on their wingers instead of leaving the left winger 3/4 up the pitch whilst they attack. Use Macnamee as an impact sub away.

Oh, and we may have 6 strikers but only 2 are good enough for this level, unless Corr stops popping his shoulder out everytime he touches grass. Quality not Quantity!
Spencer_White

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:43:41 »

Go easy on Peacock lads. He's been a good servant to the club.

Just gutted really, because loosing games like this does equal mid table mediocrity. Very dissapointing.

JPM is never a central midfielder. His pass completion just isnt good enough. He should have come off for Marshall yesterday.
Panda Paws

« Reply #144 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:46:16 »

Go easy on Peacock lads. He's been a good servant to the club.

And that should never be forgotten, and his effort should never be doubted. Him and Cox just don;t work somehow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:50:59 »

Just gutted really, because loosing games like this does equal mid table mediocrity. Very dissapointing.

I think most people had us down for a mid table finish in their predictions....worry is that  losing games like that is relegation form.  Last season Gillingham were decentish at home, but uttter gash away and it cost them. It's too soon to panic, but we need to take at least a couple of draws or a win from Dongs and Hereford.
Spencer_White

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:56:39 »

No way, were far too good to go down Reg.

I know Malpas said all this and that about not putting away our chances, but I hope he went mental in the dressing room after that game.

Away support is really going to suffer unless we get this sorted.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 12:00:10 »

No way, were far too good to go down Reg.

I know Malpas said all this and that about not putting away our chances, but I hope he went mental in the dressing room after that game.

Away support is really going to suffer unless we get this sorted.

I'm not saying we will go down, just that you can't rely on home form, and that performances like yesterday can't keep happening....
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 12:28:25 »

right now, I'd pick Kennedy over Casal

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
JPC82

« Reply #149 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 12:36:21 »

he's young and adapting to english football; he'll improve i'm certain of it.

he needs to learn not to fuck around on the ball so much.

adapt to english football? he only left england a year ago didnt he? he played all his youth football for Fulham
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: