Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town FA Cup Rd 1 Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37172 times)
Spud

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 22:44:25 »

I don't get why people were having a go at Macclesfield for celebrating their opener like they did?

Fair play to them. Hope they get to the 3rd round and get a money spinner.

Had a bad feeling about today, and due to sheer loyalty, decided to go. How the fuck did Ferry get MOTM today? Laughable!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 23:46:27 »

Just seen the highlights on ITV... still can't work out how a free-kick was awarded for Flint's challenge, let alone how it merited a red.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 23:54:33 »

Just seen the highlights on ITV... still can't work out how a free-kick was awarded for Flint's challenge, let alone how it merited a red.
This, Having just watched it several times even in slow mo just can't see how it was a red. The ref couldn't get the card out quick enough.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 00:35:49 »

[url width=400 height=225]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/marchtrpt4bhs/GIFs/panic.gif[/url]

Brilliant

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Coca Fola

« Reply #244 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 02:23:01 »

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 09:26:54 »

Absolutely awful performance, completely devoid of any creativity from both sides.

As for the free kick they scored from; with one player stood at the side of the ball and another 10 yards back winding up for a big shot, you could read it a mile off. It should've been closed down.

fatbasher

« Reply #246 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 09:30:04 »

I don't think we got 2 million for Austin but for ease of purpose lets assume we did. That figure of 8 million give Burnley a clear 6 million. If we get 20% that is 1.2 million, 10% 600k. I would be surprised if there was a sell on clause with a sell on clause so to speak based of pure cash, I'm not sure the FA or FL would not allow that but hey who knows, however, Austin playing in the premier may trigger an extra wedge to Poole. If so it would not be much and remember we walked away from the deal orginally and Poole picked up the phone to us. The only real interest at the time other than town was Bournemouth and they had an umbongo themselves.

Bottom line is this. If Austin goes to a premier club for the sort of money bandied about we'll be out of the umbong ourselves quiete nicely thank you very much.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 09:32:02 by fatbasher » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:01:17 »

I don't think we got 2 million for Austin but for ease of purpose lets assume we did.

I know its just an example, but I was listening to Talk Sport a week or so ago and they had an official bod from Burnley on talking about Austin. He said they paid about £1M which was "a bit of a bargain". Weather that was the up front fee excluding add-ons who knows.

Even so I agree 20% of profit, which I don't think is unreasonable, would be sweet. Even if Poole are due some. I think that's a realistic figure, because if memory serves (and it may not) its a similar figure we got for Cox (but he didn't generate much profit->Forest).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #248 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:02:44 »

One little point to add, maybe I am being overly optimistic for once but this time last season we had dumped 'Uddersfield out of the FA Cup 1st round, thrashing them 4-1 at a time when they were 7th in this league....they went on to gain promotion to the Championship at the end of the season.

No knee jerk reaction needed yet despite our poor run of home results of late.

All I ask is that Paolo look at himself and question whether his motivational skills are quite up there yet because we do seem to have problems raising our game against so called lesser teams and that he himself never does take the blame when often I feel it COULD be his fault. But thats the difference between being a good manager and a great one, which Paolo certainly has the opportunity of becoming in the future if he can accept that he is not yet the finished article as a manager.

You make a mistake in selection or tactics, you hold your hand up and admit you were wrong, you move on and learn from the error.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:08:05 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:17:47 »

One little point to add, maybe I am being overly optimistic for once but this time last season we had dumped 'Uddersfield out of the FA Cup 1st round, thrashing them 4-1 at a time when they were 7th in this league....they went on to gain promotion to the Championship at the end of the season.

No knee jerk reaction needed yet despite our poor run of home results of late.

All I ask is that Paolo look at himself and question whether his motivational skills are quite up there yet because we do seem to have problems raising our game against so called lesser teams and that he himself never does take the blame when often I feel it COULD be his fault. But thats the difference between being a good manager and a great one, which Paolo certainly has the opportunity of becoming in the future if he can accept that he is not yet the finished article as a manager.

You make a mistake in selection or tactics, you hold your hand up and admit you were wrong, you move on and learn from the error.
And I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday where Di Canio was quoted that he learns from his mistakes and this is what makes him a good (he probably said great) manager. So we shall see. It's a 'must win'* game on Tuesday

*Just for herthab - the first of the season Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:18:34 »

But they had to sack the manager responsible for the debacle....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #251 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:21:33 »

But they had to sack the manager responsible for the debacle....
Yes but not until 3 month after the game Cheesy were they still reeling from the ignominy of the defeat after all that time?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:37:25 »

Yes but not until 3 month after the game Cheesy were they still reeling from the ignominy of the defeat after all that time?

It definitely popped Udders veneer of invincibility...unbeaten in all games up to that point, lost 2 or 3 more under Clark, and that was enough to sack him. It was Napoleon who said something about preferring lucky generals to good generals, and Grayson certainly lucked out when he came up against a Danny Wilson side in a PO final.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:44:57 »

On a completely different note heard from someone who knows Charlie Austins family that a big deal is a done deal in January with Aston Villa and Newcastle favourites for what could be a 8 million plus deal. If the rumours of 35% sell on clauses are true then we might be due a very nice windfall in a couple of months time
Apparently the deal that took him to Burnley was £1.2 million with add ons raising it to £1.5 million which included promotion to the Permier league etc so i doubt we have got any more than the original fee of £1.2 million.

The rumours bandied around Burnley are that they will accept £10 million bids for him in January, I heard from a few sources that we had a sell on clause of 20% profit and that out of that we owe nothing to Poole as it was all settled after his transfer to Burnley as the football league do not like double move addition clauses after several problems in the past where these structured deals have not worked out as planned.

If indeed this is the case then if Austin goes to a top flight club for £8 million then we will be due just under £1.4 million and if they do hold out for the full £10 million then that figure is likely to be nearer £1.75 million.

I hope Burnley stick to their guns and don't sell him on the cheap! lets face it they sold a worse player in Rodriguez to Saints for £7 million and 'Uddersfield sold Jordan Rhodes for £8 million and this season Rhodes so far has only scored 5 goals in the same division that Austin has scored 20 goals for.

There is no doubt at all that Charlie is THE football league scoring sensation and Burnley can command a massive fee for him of which we will see the end of that fucking embargo once and for all.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 10:58:44 »

He could so very easily have blended in and have become a run of the mill Championship squad player after the move to Burnley.  It's to his credit that he has pushed on.  He's clearly a better player than the one who left us.  If he does fetch £8+ million with the next move, we will basically double fee that we were expecting.  As I think I said around the time he left, Charlie Austin served us well and owes us nothing...and that would be even more the case if we had another £1+ million coming our way by way of a sell on fee.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: