Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21488 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 21:01:40 »

Was that the game under McDonald when we didn't have a shot and they scored in the 88th minute or something?

Bloody good result today.  Have been out, so didn't check the score until after the final whistle.  Lovely stuff.

The best thing is our ability to come back from being behind.  I remember a time not so long ago when we went months without that happening.

Jutty and I spoke to Mac at the Sponsors night about the game.....he reckoned we had a couple of half chances....we said we must of been having a piss at the time.

I was fucking freezing too as I remember... The game that is...

Clems Army!
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 21:08:50 »

The very same.

donny away Easter Monday 2013, rubbish game, we barely string three passes together. Didn't go today but great to hear that cunt on talk sport who follows posh having to announce we'd gone 2-1 up. Since Wigan at the end of October, we've taken 32 out of 51 points which is some turnaround, keep that up for the rest of the season, we'd end up on about 70. It's some ask to maintain. Nobody's going to fancy playing us though and no reason why we can't push on well into the top half which would be a great achievement all things considered. Can't wait to see the boys next week at Oldham. COYR!!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, February 27, 2016, 21:15:15 »

I hope you have your best gloaty face ready for Monday. Enjoy.

Cheesy I'm looking forward to it now
Talk Talk

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 00:58:15 »

All I can say is

COYR
Talk Talk

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 00:58:56 »

Cheesy I'm looking forward to it now

Whack the fuckers Posh  Clap
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 09:53:29 »

This is a fascinating fixture. We're in a relegtion battle, they're going for the PO's, yet should we win, we'll be above them.
soapy tit wank

Clap
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 10:46:30 »

A great result & 2nd half performance.  It's already been said on here, but how refreshing to have a plan B, I was pretty despondent at half time trying to understand how a strong team on paper could struggle so much, but Williams saw it too.  Traore made the difference & the formation made for a much more balanced line up.

Doughty redeemed himself after a poor 1st half & BOO who I thought was shocking both came out 2nd half & gave Posh all sorts of problems down the left.  The highlights show a lot of Peterborough chances, which on reflection was how it went, but after the break I thought we were dominant (last 5 minutes aside).

Nathan was outstanding again! And Ajose worked hard & scored a cracker, but Williams got it right by changing formation & bringing on Traore.  Our defence held up well towards the end & although Posh are extremely lightweight up front it was great to see a determined and strong defensive unit, giving it all for a result.

Went back to Drapers after the match & Posh fans not happy with Vigs, who apparently taunted them after each of our goals, to which I just shrugged & grinned, like Posh Red, there are gloating rights on this one & I'll wear a red tie to work on Monday.

Looking forward to Oldham if we pick up on that 2nd half performance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 12:06:33 »

thanks for the report sleaford
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 13:44:56 »

Bringing Drissa on at half time changes things. They didn't have a clue how to deal with him and he ran the show.

Posh had a goal disallowed and then we go up the other end and score the winner. About time luck went with us!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 15:52:02 »

Bringing Drissa on at half time changes things. They didn't have a clue how to deal with him and he ran the show.

Posh had a goal disallowed and then we go up the other end and score the winner. About time luck went with us!

He was extremely good but faded at the end. Master stroke by Williams.

I do like Balmy but he cannot track and tackle for shit....I could of easily pulled out my hair and his during the last five minutes!!

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 18:29:25 »

Glad someone else sees something in Balmy. Very tricky going forward but yeah, shocking defencively. Like Barry in a more advanced role.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 23:19:47 »

He was extremely good but faded at the end. Master stroke by Williams.

It was, but he nearly undid it by taking off Thompson, L. We really lost momentum from point onwards.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 00:14:57 »

Rang my old man tonight, he's getting on a bit, but always been a fanatic. Bit worried now as he said "Ling has really turned us round" He did sort of redeem himself when he said cracking free kick from our striker,(didn't remember Ajose's name) but he's have never missed a manager/major thing leaving before. Guess what i'm saying is, he's gone fucking mental since he moved to Wales, nothing to do with old age..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 07:27:39 »

he's still  sort of right though, although I know that's not what he meant.

Ling saw after one game that one up top was stupid and played 2. And Williams has stuck with it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, February 29, 2016, 07:33:34 »

Whatever your opinion is on Luke Williams, he must do one hell of a half-time team talk!

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: