Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The season ahead  (Read 26194 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:06:40 »

When have we ever started a season well? 
Dennis wise team.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:09:21 »

So once every 10 years or so?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:10:35 »

I think we will be average until around Xmas, at which point the team will suddenly come to life and we will just miss out on the play offs.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:12:54 »

I have yet to see any of the Spurs lads (other than the ones we had last season) or Tijane play. I'm going to wait till I've seen them a couple of times before I jump to conclusions.

At a push though, I'd say top 12 somewhere. Because I'm an optimist.  

If some of our new players are as good as they're supposed to be, I reckon the play-offs could be calling again, weirdly.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:38:54 »

Depends on the start, if we have a good start with the youngsters, the confidence will grow, if we have a dodgy start, heads will drop and we could struggle. Keeping Ward and Caddis will be the key.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:42:39 »

Sounds an obvious point, I know, but the longer we keep Caddis, the greater the chance we have of keeping him for the season.  Ferry's experience of the last few months goes to show that being highly regarded at one club doesn't necessarily guarantee that you'll be snapped up elsewhere.  The pool of clubs who might come in for PC might not actually be that great.  The chances of his having a second spell with us are starting to rise, I'd say.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 10:48:23 by Ardiles » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 11:05:35 »

Anything other than relegation will be a bonus. I'll also be happy to have a club to support.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 11:08:08 »

Sounds an obvious point, I know, but the longer we keep Caddis, the greater the chance we have of keeping him for the season.

So you're saying that if we keep Caddis till the end of the season, we'll keep him till the end of the season? 
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 11:15:28 »

I see the current manager and recruitment policy as a bit of a long term investment. Finish about 14th this season with the odd glimpse of brilliance, and push on next season to glory.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 11:35:06 »

Sounds an obvious point, I know, but the longer we keep Caddis, the greater the chance we have of keeping him for the season.

So you're saying that if we keep Caddis till the end of the season, we'll keep him till the end of the season? 

Badly worded maybe.  What I was trying to say is that the closer we get to the start of the season, the more remote the possibility of another club coming in for Caddis becomes.  We're not the only club out there (far from it, in fact) that is tightening its belt and placing a greater reliance on youth...which comes a lot cheaper, obviously.  And one consequence of that is that the market for proven players such as Ferry and Caddis takes a bit of a knock.  You never know...we might just be the best offer that PC has to consider.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 11:59:23 »

Did my usual run through of where we will get points and where we are unlikely to and came up with a grand total of 63 for the season which might be a tad optimistic! Last season I was one point out but nowhere near in the previous couple of seasons so what do I know?

Truth to say I cannot get really excited at the moment and as said elsewhere will obviously have a better idea of where will be having seen the "new" players in real action. The Tottenham and Birmingham games I guess will be the real litmus tests but as I thought that Palace and Brighton would do nothing in the Championship based on last years early season friendly and cup games, once again it does not necessarily point to the season as a whole.

I would love to see us in the promotion mix come next May but mid-table could well be the place.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 11:59:48 »

We may have just about enough quality to avoid relegation. That's the best we can hope for in my opinion.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
scillyred

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 14:25:18 »

This is my 43rd season (needed a calculator to work that one out)  Sad

Sadly, my glass is half empty................

Does that put me in the 'Reg Camp'?  Doh
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 14:29:55 »

No, Reg uses an abacus.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 14:32:03 »

Ignoring the obvious threats (Wolves, Portsmouth, Bristol City, Sheffield United), I fancy Preston to do well, and at 14/1 look like a cracking bet to win the league.
Simon Grayson will do well there and they've just signed Kevin Davies, who is a great signing for them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: