Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The reason we are rubbish  (Read 19797 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #240 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:00:42 »

We are losing 1-0 at the moment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:12:30 »

which keeper is playing?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:16:44 »

Mark Scott.
Spencer_White

« Reply #243 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:17:13 »

Either way, if he does that it should help, but we as fans must also accept we might not be "entertained" the way we have demanded.

Do we??? Pretty low on my priorities. In my experience all Swindon fans care about is winning. That why some well established fans were enraged at the supporters back end of last season. We played some good stuff, but the supporters (myself included) just didnt get excited about it. Ive got to be honest, I loved it when Wise was here. The football was nothing special, but the team spirit was exceptional and we had installed in us a tremendous determination to win. Just had that mission statement that made us worth following.

There is a lack of leadership on and off the pitch. Were drifting. Absent minds.

But the defence is shit, thats the main problem. This is not an irrational despair. People are getting seriously sick of this.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #244 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:17:33 »

which keeper is playing?

Mark Scott according to the OS.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:19:00 »

Mark Scott according to the OS.

Who is the lady in your Avatar Rich?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #246 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:20:45 »

Who is the lady in your Avatar Rich?

Tina Fey of 30 Rock and SNL. Or as Dave and FB would argue, it's a cow!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:29:05 »

Do we??? Pretty low on my priorities. In my experience all Swindon fans care about is winning. That why some well established fans were enraged at the supporters back end of last season. We played some good stuff, but the supporters (myself included) just didnt get excited about it. Ive got to be honest, I loved it when Wise was here. The football was nothing special, but the team spirit was exceptional and we had installed in us a tremendous determination to win. Just had that mission statement that made us worth following.

There is a lack of leadership on and off the pitch. Were drifting. Absent minds.

But the defence is shit, thats the main problem. This is not an irrational despair. People are getting seriously sick of this.

Disagree Spence, the thing I loved the most about the Ossie and Hoddle days (and Gorman to a certain extent) is that we were winning (well not under JG but you get the picture), and we were winning playing superb football, on the deck, decent attacking football.  Winning is obviously important but playing the right way is a very close second.  I love the fact we're trying to play footie the right way, just hope MM can get the consistency sorted.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #248 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:32:34 »

We had players capable of that though.these players were bought by wise and sturrock with the intention of totally different football
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:46:09 »

Agree Jan..thats why i think Corr will struggle to get a regular slot,Corr would almost certainly be route one,though the thaught of him getting on the end of McManees crosses is a plus.
Spencer_White

« Reply #250 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:47:16 »

Yeah, it was fantastic, Janaage. But it had to be, we were gunning for top flight football back then.

The other thing about those teams was that they were full of true leaders of men.

We are spineless. Sometimes pretty, but flimsy. And to be honest, take out McNamee, which one bad tackle could easily do, and there's a lot else on the great football front. Everyones got their own priorites.

Going back to the mentality of Swindon fans point. The football was still good under Gorman, but our support melted away. Its been said before, but Swindon fans can be a bit thick. Seen us boo a team off half time loads of times at half time when weve played well, but weve gone a goal down. All Town fans care about is winning. Im just as bad, when you get absolute blindo you miss the bits of skill anyway, but you still get the goals and the blood and thunder tackles.  Grin
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:51:08 »

Agree Jan..thats why i think Corr will struggle to get a regular slot,Corr would almost certainly be route one,though the thaught of him getting on the end of McManees crosses is a plus.

I haven't seen enough of him to be able to comment with much weight, however i did go to Bournemouth away last season and the goal he scored was far from route one football.

However, one strike does not maketh the striker. Arrieta scored a corker, as did Royce Brownlie...
Spencer_White

« Reply #252 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 19:55:26 »

Never mind Bournemouth and Yeovil. Without Barry Corr we'd probably still be in League 2!
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #253 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:17:17 »

I notice Blair is not playing in tonights reserve match
Rich Pullen

« Reply #254 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:19:22 »

I notice Blair is not playing in tonights reserve match

Which is a shame because Jimmy Quinn was in attendance tonight, maybe he was watching Corr.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: