Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it proper to challenge poor performance when wearing a Town shirt?  (Read 409 times)
Equestrian

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 15:42:30 »

After yet another underwhelming season on the pitch, is it acceptable to challenge players performance on social media?.
Is failure to challenge poor performance seen as blind sycophantic behaviour?
Do players actually read social media?
Do players actually care ?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 15:49:40 »

It's not something I would do particularly (in the ground is fine) but think it's possible without being over the line - just a lot of people take it too far and cross that line by going after families or threats of violence, racism etc.

Just saying 'you are not playing very well' is fine, if a bit pointless.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 15:53:21 »

I would imagine players are instructed not to participate on social media but would be well aware what’s being written about them.

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 16:06:12 »

I don't think it is wrong to give opinions of players performances on SM, the thing that does step over the line for me is when said player is tagged in, or the post is directly to them, there is no need for that IMO and I have called people out for it previously.  You want to post your opinion, then that is fine as long as it doesn't overstep the line and turn into abuse that is nothing about just the performance.

If it just a general opinion, then at least is then up to the player if they want to have their say or read it or not in the first place. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 17:33:09 »

Players are just the visible sign of a toxic club. Can’t say I blame them much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: