Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry  (Read 18196 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 15:33:23 »

Thanks both.🙂

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 17:15:53 »

Im going...even managed to get a few to travel with me...

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:02:03 »

I see on their forum they are going to use the game tomorrow as a fans tribute to their ex player the great Cyrille Regis I hope that doesn't lift their players as we have a pretty good record up there unbeaten since 1964 with 4 wins and 3 draws in our last 7 visits there.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:05:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:08:43 »

I see on their forum they are going to use the game tomorrow as a fans tribute to their ex player the great Cyrille Regis I hope that doesn't lift their players as we have a pretty good record up there unbeaten since 1964 with 4 wins and 3 draws in our last 7 visits there.
We'll see, I wouldn't begrudge Cyrille anything 😢
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:08:45 »

I see on their forum they are going to use the game tomorrow as a fans tribute to the great Cyrille Regis I hope that doesn't lift their players as we have a pretty good record up there unbeaten since 1964 with 4 wins and 3 draws in our last 7 visits there.

We had a long unbeaten record at the CG in league games until this season.  One of the features of our continuing slide over the last couple of seasons, has been losing to teams who historically we've had good records against, alongside historically poor cup performances.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:17:09 »

We had a long unbeaten record at the CG in league games until this season.  One of the features of our continuing slide over the last couple of seasons, has been losing to teams who historically we've had good records against, alongside historically poor cup performances.
I still hang on to our away record this season and added to our long history of (several) good results at Coventry...overly optimistic? probably yes.

We'll see, I wouldn't begrudge Cyrille anything 😢
He was probably the most muscular player I ever saw play football in the flesh, legs like tree trunks, sadly such a young age to pass.

As far as I remember he only ever played competively against us once that I can remember, vs Aston Villa in the FA cup in 92. Could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:33:37 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:28:35 »

I still hang on to our away record this season and added to our long history of (several) good results at Coventry...overly optimistic? probably yes.

Probably.  Interestingly Newport are playing Crawley tonight, and will go above us with a win. Crawley however are on a bit of a run under Kewell, who seems to turning them around, a win for them will bring them into the PO picture. A draw would be good.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:29:55 »

Mark robins needs to lay off the drugs

* C6064DF2-861D-4F9B-A2E1-D731EF790C3C.png (315.44 KB, 750x1334 - viewed 591 times.)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:31:25 »

8 or 9 million, what the fuck is he on?

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:32:08 »

Cyrille Regis played in Don Rogers Testimonial in May 78 for WBA and scored twice that night; and yes he did play for Villa in the cup match in 92
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:33:40 »

8 or 9 million, what the fuck is he on?

A blinding transfer window for Power.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:40:26 »

To be fair, he said that's what they're worth, not what we paid.

..nope, I'm still confused.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 18:46:01 »

Probably.  Interestingly Newport are playing Crawley tonight, and will go above us with a win. Crawley however are on a bit of a run under Kewell, who seems to turning them around, a win for them will bring them into the PO picture. A draw would be good.

Newport will have a 'big' crowd backing them tonight.  

For non-season ticket holders to qualify for a ticket for the Spurs FA Cup game, people had to buy a ticket for tonight's game.  To make sure people actually attend, apparently they will only qualify for a Spurs ticket if their Crawley ticket is used (ie machine read on entry tonight)!  No doubt there will be lots of people climbing over the wall to get back out before tonight's game starts!  Smiley
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 19:09:09 »

Hahahahaha. Fucking hell, that is an absolute corker. Must have taken some of Cooper's sarcastic pills!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: