Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town U18 v Exeter City Bristol Street Motors Trophy Build Up & MDT  (Read 11344 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 13:54:48 »

Yes, the culmination of our fine run in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy (no, really, that's what it's called). This might well be the single most pointless game of football ever played, so I'm looking forward to it in a weird way. Is anyone actually going?

God knows what team we'll put out - I'd assumed it would be kids but there's an academy game on Tuesday night against Luton, so somehow we need to get two elevens out. Could we play the first team in the hope of breaking the losing habit?

Exeter are also unable to qualify, so neither team have anything to play for.

Expecting something like:

L Ward

Hart
Minturn
Brewitt

Genesini
Kokolo

Dworzak
Kinsella
Kemp

Young
Obodo (?)

Christ knows though really.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:02:01 »

Yeah this might be the most pointless game of football in our history.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:04:10 »

Just take the fucking fine and don't bother
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:06:54 »

That and FA Cup 1st rounds.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:26:13 »

will still be an absolute melt down if we lose.
the bonus is our bench has been full of kids so surely we could escape a fine by playing all them lot
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:28:56 »

Could do with a win to secure the January transfer budget.

Just a couple of blocks at the end plus lower tier seats up for grabs in the Arkells for this one by the look of it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:30:58 »

Anyone else see this as a great opportunity to pilot a 4-3-3 with a few of the first XI (even if it's only for a half)?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:37:17 »

Anyone else see this as a great opportunity to pilot a 4-3-3 with a few of the first XI (even if it's only for a half)?

Nope, the last thing any of our first XI need is another game, when we have such a small squad.  Put some school kids out from the pre Academy.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 14:50:18 »

5 zip up on 45.

Lose 21:22 on pens....

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 15:02:55 »

Not sure I could be less bothered about any game ever in my life. I will watch just out of habit really.

We could win 9-0 and I wont be bothered we could lose by the same and I wont be bothered, in situations like this the sponsors of the cup should accept dead rubber pointless games and cancel them to save on costs incurred all round, us opening the ground, the floodlight costs, stewarding costs, Exeter transport costs, etc etc etc.

There should be a way that the game can be called off with no consequences for either side and definately no fines.

Utterly pointless in every way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 15:05:49 »

They could even link such a decision to Sustainability!  Reducing our carbon footprint.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 15:07:26 »

They could even link such a decision to Sustainability!  Reducing our carbon footprint.
The list of excuses we could use is endless, yet we will still play it!

This competition needs to be ended now, keep the competition but have it just as L1 and L2 teams only as it used to be and play every game as a 1 off not a league table format.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 15:08:57 »

This competition needs to be ended now, keep the competition but have it just as L1 and L2 teams only as it used to be and play every game as a 1 off not a league table format.

I presume it exists purely as some sort of leverage in the TV financing deal, to get the PL to give us money we have to tart our our teams to play their U23's.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 15:14:55 »

This would be much better, although 48 teams doesn't work for knock out.....adding the top 16 teams that didn't go up from the conference would be far more interesting than Prem/Championship B sides/U21s.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 20, 2023, 15:16:02 »

I presume it exists purely as some sort of leverage in the TV financing deal, to get the PL to give us money we have to tart our our teams to play their U23's.
Probably so, but to make it even worse its now the U21 teams not the U23 teams it always was previously, its all just a joke. Waits for next year to be the U19s then the U17s. Yet we are not allowed to field our own youth teams without fairly harsh (£20k) financial penalty, ridiculous.

But it is a nice earner for the club I guess with every team competing getting £20k and for every win then after earning them £10k and £5k if the game is a draw.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: