Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham matchday thread  (Read 14335 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 08:39:08 »

The latter I think. I've really only seen him at FGR and thought he was a very solid 7/10 at LWB so he must be absolute garbage in training to be seemingly so far off the matchday squad even.

I suspect he's not great going forward so possibly doesn't offer as much as Shade does. That said, given he's probably more of a defensive option, it might have been worth bringing him on Saturday to offer more security at the back - that said his defensive tackle at Reading to give away the penalty was pretty feeble defending!

Ah, sorry, misread that! Yes, we are in agreement!

No worries fella.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 10:44:52 »

Just got my ticket  Pint
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 10:46:49 »

I don’t know why but I have a horrible feeling we might lose this one.

Hope I’m wrong and we keep our winning home streak 🤞
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 10:48:56 »

Almost forgot to predict a defeat in the Prediction League, but I've rectified that now - we definitely will not be losing 3-2, so good to rule that out at least.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 10:49:25 »

I imagine it's going to be attritional tonight, possibly another game where a red card is shown.
Hopefully not. Either way!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 10:54:46 »

The latter I think. I've really only seen him at FGR and thought he was a very solid 7/10 at LWB so he must be absolute garbage in training to be seemingly so far off the matchday squad even.
He was fairly poor at Reading last week, but so was everyone that evening.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 11:38:51 »

I see Jillies fans were up to their old tricks again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c88m9m92354o
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of making homophobic comments during a football match in Kent.

The man is alleged to have made the remarks during the game between Gilligham FC and Franchise on 7 October 2023.

On Saturday he was arrested at Priestfield Stadium, in Gillingham, and later released on bail pending further enquiries.

His bail conditions prevent him from attending any Gillingham FC fixtures whilst the investigation is ongoing.

And

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2023-10-22/league-two-goalie-struck-with-object-in-damaging-football-incident

An opposition goalkeeper was struck with at least one object during the second half of a League Two game on Saturday.

The incident has prompted an appeal from the Director of Operations who warned that a ‘small minority of people’ risked the club being damaged, losing points and facing heavy fines.

Joe Comper was speaking out following his club Gillingham FC’s home clash against Notts County, in which the visitors won 2-1, where Magpies goalie Sam Slocombe was reportedly struck with a vape.

In a statement to fans, the behaviour was described as ‘not acceptable’.

Comper said, “Once again, we find ourselves investigating an incident which reflects poorly on the Football Club, and will likely land us in trouble with the Football authorities.

"Towards the end of today’s game, objects have been thrown onto the pitch from the Rainham End, at least one of which appears to have struck the opposition goalkeeper. Quite clearly, any right-minded person can understand that this is not acceptable, and it won’t be accepted at Priestfield.

"Our investigation is underway and we are working closely with Kent Police to identify the culprit/s, in order for us to impose any necessary bans, as well as pursuing criminal prosecutions.

"The fanbase here at Gillingham is truly fantastic. You are passionate, loyal and devoted to the team and those that represent your shirt.

"It is a shame that the actions of a very small minority risk damaging your club in the form of heavy fines and potentially points deductions."

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:48:55 »

What's the car park time limit at Tesco's nowadays? 

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 13:25:35 »

Gills fan preview.
Three defeats from our last four in the league, no new manager and almost weekly occurrences of cretinous behaviour from elements of our fan-base; it's as though those days of optimism around the club have disappeared with the end of the summer sun leaving us with nothing but the onset of a bleak winter. To top it all off we get a midweek trip to the armpit of Wiltshire to take on everyone's favourite pseudo-rivals. The joy.

The Swine sit in 5th, buoyed by an excellent undefeated home record that has seen them put six goals past Crypto FC and five past Sutton on their way to five wins and a draw from six, whilst averaging more than three goals a game. Put in context, we've not scored four in a game for over 150 matches. Based on those statistics alone our chances of even getting a point tonight appear negligible in what is hopefully the final game of Keith Millen's increasingly barren caretaker spell.

As of last Thursday we'd sold over 400 tickets for this, a impressive effort given our recent form and the rip-off £27 ticket prices. I can't imagine Saturday's performance will have encouraged too many more to join the travelling army tonight, but hopefully songs directed towards the home support regarding close family relationships and superfluous digits will spur our lads on to a positive result.

The usual suspects are still injured, but Ogie returns from suspension to shore up the defence and Cheye Alexander should feature following illness. It's at the other end we still continue to struggle, yet again we're the lowest scorers in the division something any new manager has to try and put right if our promotion credentials aren't to wither entirely.

The head to head gives the Swine a two win advantage, but our recent record at their place is decent with three wins from our last five, which could have been four wins if we'd held on in last season's bonkers 3-3 draw.

Try and enjoy the game if you're going and safe travels to all those who are. Personally, I think we're in for another night of disappointment and can see iFollow being switched off well before the final whistle, welcome back half-empty glass.

oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:07:21 »

“The Swine” is so cringey.  Girl Giggle

Is £27 a rip off in the context of the rest of L2 prices, for comparable seats?

Feels like multiple away fan quotes mention our prices.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:10:59 »

Crewe are also £27. Highest in L2. Dreadful tbf.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:15:05 »

MKD are 24

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:16:26 »

“The Swine” is so cringey.  Girl Giggle

Is £27 a rip off in the context of the rest of L2 prices, for comparable seats?

Feels like multiple away fan quotes mention our prices.
Grimsby were the biggest moaners as our ticket price was £1 more than they charge for walk ups! charge them £24 like most clubs in L2 (average price) and sit them on the bank in the open wind and rain and let them moan about the cost then, rather than a nice high up view not explosed to the elements.

Like them charging away fans £24 (walk up price) for this shite.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:21:38 »

Right! I’m off to the game. 4-1.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 17:49:20 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: