Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Matchday Thread including moans & groans  (Read 14493 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, September 18, 2023, 13:24:11 »

Is anyone able to paste what the article about CA actually said? I'm assuming it's basically saying he's being more of a team player which is benefitting the team, but also hindering his goalscoring at the same time? It's not a negative hit piece is it surely?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, September 18, 2023, 13:32:20 »

Is anyone able to paste what the article about CA actually said? I'm assuming it's basically saying he's being more of a team player which is benefitting the team, but also hindering his goalscoring at the same time? It's not a negative hit piece is it surely?

I assume its this one, I know the Adver journo was defending himself a bit on Twitter the other day about it. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23790274.charlie-austin-used-swindon-town/

TBH I thought it was actually a pretty deep researched analytical piece, so really not like the Adver at all!  Wink
« Last Edit: Monday, September 18, 2023, 13:34:42 by horlock07 » Logged
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, September 18, 2023, 14:55:14 »

I assume its this one, I know the Adver journo was defending himself a bit on Twitter the other day about it. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23790274.charlie-austin-used-swindon-town/

TBH I thought it was actually a pretty deep researched analytical piece, so really not like the Adver at all!  Wink
Yes but the original headline was 'Is Charlie Austin playing well this season?'.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 11:23:27 »

These are a great watch at the moment.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 13:25:40 »

Must say seeing and hearing a bit more about the dynamic between Flynn and Sadler at Walsall certainly makes the Gunning exile of the summer a lot easier to understand - if he felt in his previous role that a member of his staff was working against him, it probably makes sense that he wouldn't want someone he doesn't know and who has managerial ambitions around the first team group.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: