Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Matchday Thread including moans & groans  (Read 14491 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 11:28:33 »

Walsall views on the upcoming fixture.

https://upthesaddlers.com/t/swindon-town-a-league-two-sat-16th-sept-3pm/10480

Might be best to check their stats, Kinsella is still a couple of weeks away from fitness so is a 99.99% chance of missing the game. Unless Flynn was being deliberately obstructive, we have Khan back and will probably play him instead of Cain, although Cain did well on Saturday Khan is a bigger influence on the game IMO.

They recon they have sold 450 so far, interesting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 11:29:04 »

This is Swindon every game is a potential banana skin.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 11:38:37 »

I'm at a wedding for this, would anyone mind doing the MoM Thread? Just put it up after the game with an option for each player and a 3 day time limit on the poll thanks xx
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 12:08:46 »

I'm at a wedding for this, would anyone mind doing the MoM Thread? Just put it up after the game with an option for each player and a 3 day time limit on the poll thanks xx
If nobody else takes on the challenge I am sure I can do it for you mate, if anyone else wishes to do it then thats fine by me!

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 12:27:36 »

I'll be straight into the car and on my way home, usually I'd be on iFollow so would be happy to oblige.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 13:50:39 »

Walsall views on the upcoming fixture.

https://upthesaddlers.com/t/swindon-town-a-league-two-sat-16th-sept-3pm/10480

Might be best to check their stats, Kinsella is still a couple of weeks away from fitness so is a 99.99% chance of missing the game. Unless Flynn was being deliberately obstructive, we have Khan back and will probably play him instead of Cain, although Cain did well on Saturday Khan is a bigger influence on the game IMO.

They recon they have sold 450 so far, interesting.
‘Considering the distance’. It’s less than 90 miles. Anything in double figures is almost a Derby.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 13:51:45 »

‘Considering the distance’. It’s less than 90 miles. Anything in double figures is almost a Derby.
I thought that too when I read it! ground to ground is 82 miles!

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 13:55:37 »

Walsall are shit away and never travel to Town in many numbers, other than for the promotion decider under Sturrock.

Last 4 games at the CG they have averaged just 346 for each game. Likely to be the same this time give or take a few, doubt they will bring near 500.

They are in 9th place but they are unbeaten in 4 league games, they have scored 11 and conceded 11 and on 11 points.

Walsall have only 1 away win (Salford on Saturday) since their last away win at Swindon on Boxing day last year.

Their top scorer is on just 2 goals but with 4 players on 2 goals each.

We are in 5th place unbeaten in our last 7 league games, we have scored 20 and conceded 11 so far.

Our top scorer is the top goalscorer in all English leagues on 9 goals, 2 higher than the next highest scorer in England. We have Kemp on 6 goals who is equal 3rd highest scorer in the English leagues.

Their results so far this season....

Morecambe 2-1 Walsall
Blackburn 4-3 Walsall *EFLC
Walsall 2-1 Stockport
Wrexham 4-2 Walsall
Crewe 2-2 Walsall
Walsall 2-3 Brighton U21 *EFLT
Walsall 1-1 Grimsby
Walsall 1-0 Colchester
Salford 1-2 Walsall

Walsall have won 2 times in the last 11 meetings at the County Ground, Town winning 4.
Walsall have won 7 times in the last 33 meetings at the County Ground, Town winning 13.

Our biggest wins were 5-0 in 2022 and 5-0 in 1927, Walsalls biggest wins at the CG were 1-4 wins 2000 and 1939.

In all games between the us at the CG Swindon have won 24 games, 15 draws and 14 defeats, Town scoring 105 and Walsall scoring 75 goals.

In all games between the clubs at both venues Swindon have won 39 of the 105 games, 30 draws and 36 defeats with Town scoring 159 goals and Walsall scored 155 goals.

Could go either way.

Att: 9,235 (365 Yam Yams)

Anyone would think they are travelling from Poland.
To be fair have a soft spot for the Yam Yams as used to work in the area mainly with Wolves and Baggies fans. Some cracking stories on the piss with some of them.

I kid you not once went to Wolves v Swindon Corporate, the West Brom lads supporting us.
I was so pissed I had double vision and never seen so many players on the pitch.
I think we lost 1-0.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:29:11 »

Drove Road between The Merlin and Aldi is closed due to burst water main. Will remain closed until Tuesday.

Chaos on matchday. I’ll have to rethink my route.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:35:11 »

Park in Gorse Hill.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:37:44 »

Thinking about around Euclid Street and a walk to The Merlin. Used to park in The Grove but not sure if their car park has a time limit nowadays.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 17:06:02 »

Thinking about around Euclid Street and a walk to The Merlin. Used to park in The Grove but not sure if their car park has a time limit nowadays.

The Grove is now a Miller and Carter restaurant. We used to also utilise the Grove, have a couple of pints and leave the car in their car park. Miller & Carter do a decent lunch menu (used to be something like 2/3 courses for £xx) so we used to get a bite and then leave the car there before walking to the ground. That's a couple of seasons back now, so not sure of the current situation but I think if you buy something there, they don't bother if you leave your car there for football.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 09:13:43 »

Walsall have sold 443 tickets for tomorrows game so far.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 09:18:06 »

Those feckers are responsible for my Audrey moniker
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 09:51:00 »

Walsall have sold 443 tickets for tomorrows game so far.

Pretty poor given the distance and still one of the better away crowds.

I fucking hate League Two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: