Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37604 times)
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 16:46:22 »

well what a game, cracking atmosphere,an excellent advert for league 1, we should o won that. Well done to the town fans for making so much noise, proud to be a Town fan tonight.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 16:55:50 »

23 shots for Swindon to Wolves 11
9 on target to Wolves 6
9 corners to Wolves 6

Thats good stats for an away game, if we can convert a few more though we will be challenging this season.

We need to be more clinical in front of goal.  How many times have we said that over the last few seasons  Wink

Really looking forward to next Saturday and I have to be honest, that's the first time I've said that this season.  Still early days, but my disinterest during pre-season and even the first few games seems to have disappeared, which is most pleasing.

Let's hope City's poor run remains this time next week.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 17:03:54 »

Interestingly theri OTIB forum is the mirror image of ours....pre season they were all confident they would walk this league with the best manager, some great signings, whereas ours was we have no manager or the cheap option, relegation is a formality, sold all the best players....Now they are calling for the managers head already, how times change after a handful of games Cheesy

Roll on next week.

What did Top Cat have to say ?

Wink
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 17:21:52 »

What did Top Cat have to say ?

Wink

Don't start him off again...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 17:25:30 »

Don't start him off again...
Yeah he wont fucking shut up now we have shitty next Angry
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 17:32:29 »

Absolutely class performance, just need to take our chances. Can now see what all the fuss about Kasim is all about - what a talent. He even made 2 last ditch 1 on 1 tackles.

Playoffs as a minimum based in that showing.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 17:38:36 »

I'm slightly worried how we keep playing well away from home, but not getting anything, that said we've now played 3 of the top 6 away already.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 17:46:01 »

That performance bodes well for the rest of the season...and especially next week. Shame about the result, but it simply wasn't our day. We have a lot to be proud of. Well done Town.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 17:48:54 »

Undeserved defeat as we were by far the better side and to walk away from the game without so much as a point is hugely unjustified. Ikeme made some superb saves to deny us whilst Thompson and Fods both culpable for first goal.

Ajose disappointing while Kasim and Massimo look way too good for League One. Bako was very dangerous for Wolves in the first half but ineffective second. Wolves' subs kept us stretched as we kept searching for a goal and after we got one they caught us out at the back for the third. Mason's goal was excellent but only a consolation. We'll play much worse and win. I'm not sure it'd be possible to play any better than that and not win.

Enjoyed my first game in 9 months, shame I was surrounded by some utter fucking tools. Never understand why people aren't allowed to sit where they want at away games.
Dozno9

« Reply #159 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 18:57:10 »

Played bloody ace today, haven't seen the BBC stats but that will show a huge weighting towards us I would have thought.

Overhearing a few wolves fans walking to the car and they were saying how we were the best team they'd played this season and most of last, how the town fans made good noise and created an atmosphere and how we'll fall apart at the end of the season when the spurs boys go home...

Kasim was immense but lucky not to get a red for banging the ball down at the end (I think he'd been booked already). I also shit myself when Thompson got booked as I thought it was heading Pritchards way and would've been sent off.

City will have to go some to beat us and Chelsea....be afraid.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 18:58:46 by Azza » Logged
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #160 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:05:35 »

Just got back home.  Slightly delayed because some naughty Swindon children playing at being football hooligans caused a delay to the train leaving Birmingham, so lots of us missed the connection at Cheltenham.  Time they grew up and stopped thinking it's big to attempt travelling on trains without buying a ticket.  Little toe rags!

As for the game, it was particularly frustrating to come away with nothing to show for a very good performance.  As others have said, we got punished for sloppiness.  Most of their threat came down their left flank.  For all the good things Nathan Thompson does, he still leaves gaping holes for the opposition to make use of.  Two of their goals came from this.

If only we had some sharpness at the front to finish the classy approach work.  I lost count of the number of times we carved openings but had nothing on the end of it.  I think it will come, though.

What to say about Kasim again today?  Immense!

Kenny Jackett seems to have some kind of jinx over us.  The bastard!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:07:05 »

A few comforting words for us here:
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?22782-Wolves-3-Swindon-2-Verdict-Thread

I liked "scintillating".

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:08:45 »

Enjoyed my first game in 9 months, shame I was surrounded by some utter fucking tools. Never understand why people aren't allowed to sit where they want at away games.

Me too. The guy in the white t-shirt who stood up all game in the back row was a complete tool. He even wanted out with someone after the game. He gave Luongo stick all game but had no idea who he was - says it all really.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:23:36 »

Interestingly theri OTIB forum is the mirror image of ours....pre season they were all confident they would walk this league with the best manager, some great signings, whereas ours was we have no manager or the cheap option, relegation is a formality, sold all the best players....Now they are calling for the managers head already, how times change after a handful of games Cheesy

Roll on next week.

I've been thinking that next week might be very interesting. Isn't Flint exactly the wrong type of centre half to have in your side if your facing a bunch of quick interpassing midfielders in and around the penalty area? Pritchard could run between his legs with the ball and tie the fucker in knots.

..never go back.
Dudleywolf

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:33:26 »

A few comforting words for us here:
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?22782-Wolves-3-Swindon-2-Verdict-Thread

I liked "scintillating".

I thought you were very unlucky to lose today , we played poorly but with better finishing you could have taken something. Having watched the games so far this season in Div 1, the only difference is a little bit of class at the right time. We will have to tighten up our midfield if we want to go straight back up, Swindon should be there or thereabouts if you can maintain that standard.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: