Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37610 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:34:35 »

Played some very decent footy today...as did Wolves.

Great atmosphere,very good game of football for LG1...and a very enjoyable day out.

Good stuff Swindon.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:36:25 »

Enjoyed that, despite the result. I don't think I've ever been so positive after coming away from an away defeat - this side are so enjoyable to watch and play the best football since the Hoddle days.

It was a nervous start and Luongo did pull out of the challenge that lead to the first goal. Thompson seem to be way out of position in the first 20 minutes, but after this we utterly dominated the rest of the game.

As you'd expect, Wolves have the quality players to take their changes and this is the only thing we lack at the moment. Even when we did get through their keeper was outstanding, it just wasn't our day.

Oh, and I didn't expect to top up my tan, which was an added bonus!

A similar performance next week and we'll bury City.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:39:13 »

Goals just shown on SSN. Poor positioning by Foderingham for their first and Hall shouldn't have allowed Griffiths to get the cross in.

Nice finish by N'Guesan, looks better on TV. Hate watching football at pitch level
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:39:29 »

Shame.......

Lets smash City to fuck....

The real derby is back!!!!

Clems Army!
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 19:57:11 »

Just back in, what a game. Would've settled for a point today. We played well, very well infact. Cracking atmosphere today, everyone put in a shift today. Cracking opening goal from Wolves. Bring on City.  Cheesy
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 20:08:35 »

Great game
How the fuck we didnt get a result there I will never know

If that cross hadnt gone in 3 mins we would have won that - doubt very much was a shot tho Wes was off his line
We looked irresistible going forward and cut thru their midfield and defence with ease
If only the Mason that played at Crewe was out there today - he should have had a hat trick easily, hitting the post just after missing a sitter.
Then he scores with a 40 yarder  Roll Eyes

Defensively we were undone far too easily down our right flank, all 3 of their goals came down that route.
With Thompson pushing forward we are left with Hall and Ward covering - mostly Hall it seemed today
Now I like Hall ( 100% improvement on Flint ) but we are seriously lacking pace with Hall/Ward combination
Not sure we have the personnel to change that.
JMc was slow getting back for the 3rd and many times during game but is a much better option IMHO than Bryne, even if he wasnt suspended
Kasim was immense again especially tracking back and won a couple of last ditch tackles he had no right to.

Having said all that I cant fault the fighting spirit Town showed today - would have been easy for heads to drop but they never gave in

Ref I thought was poor today - missed lots of pulls/pushes on Ranger as well as other blatant fouls

A few have mentioned the atmosphere - I thought we were flat until 2nd half really but hardly surprising when we were spread out the length of the pitch in about 16 rows
When it did liven up am sure made a difference to the team

Dozno9

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 20:20:02 »

Great game
How the fuck we didnt get a result there I will never know

If that cross hadnt gone in 3 mins we would have won that - doubt very much was a shot tho Wes was off his line
We looked irresistible going forward and cut thru their midfield and defence with ease
If only the Mason that played at Crewe was out there today - he should have had a hat trick easily, hitting the post just after missing a sitter.
Then he scores with a 40 yarder  Roll Eyes

Defensively we were undone far too easily down our right flank, all 3 of their goals came down that route.
With Thompson pushing forward we are left with Hall and Ward covering - mostly Hall it seemed today
Now I like Hall ( 100% improvement on Flint ) but we are seriously lacking pace with Hall/Ward combination
Not sure we have the personnel to change that.
JMc was slow getting back for the 3rd and many times during game but is a much better option IMHO than Bryne, even if he wasnt suspended
Kasim was immense again especially tracking back and won a couple of last ditch tackles he had no right to.

Having said all that I cant fault the fighting spirit Town showed today - would have been easy for heads to drop but they never gave in

Ref I thought was poor today - missed lots of pulls/pushes on Ranger as well as other blatant fouls

A few have mentioned the atmosphere - I thought we were flat until 2nd half really but hardly surprising when we were spread out the length of the pitch in about 16 rows
When it did liven up am sure made a difference to the team.

Cracking post, agree with it all.
Topcat

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 20:24:26 »

Yeah he wont fucking shut up now we have shitty next Angry

Hi guys   Cool
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 20:48:11 »

Hi guys   Cool

Clap Clap

Topcat

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 21:02:35 »

1-1 and no trouble (for TC's memoirs)

you keep slagging me off???
Dozno9

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 21:25:20 »

Today, was that the first league game refereed by a women?
Topcat

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 21:29:12 »

Hi guys   Cool

slagging me off again
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 21:31:27 »

No but she was the first in 2010 when she took over from an injured ref.

Some of the comments aimed at her when she took over made me cringe.
Dozno9

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 21:35:17 »

I didn't know she replaced someone before.

I agree about the comments.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 21:53:22 »

Anyone know how many away fans there today ?
Only gave full attendance at game
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: