Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lucas  (Read 13286 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 20:31:26 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd be more than happy to have a few beers with David Lucas. He's a cool guy and was the least of our problems last season.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 21:20:54 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd be more than happy to have a few beers with David Lucas. He's a cool guy and was the least of our problems last season.

It's not about whether a player is a 'nice' guy, or not. It's about stepping up when the going gets tough.

Too many players (Lucas included) failed to do that last season. All the players who wanted to desert have now done so and good riddance.

Time to focus on next season's squad and forget last season's failures and bottle jobs.

It's All Good..............
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 23:34:05 »

Genuinely enjoyed having David Lucas at the club. A keeper with balls, who (when fit and in form) controlled the box as well as anyone we've had for years. God we've had some average keepers... Smith epitomises average, Evans flattered to deceive, Griemink was a waif, Mildenhall was superb at times, but rarely authoratative, Talia volatile but had a great run of form....  brez, was 2 different keepers pre and post arm break.

Lucas in his 1st year with us was better than any of them. Controlled the back four, nothing fancy, just solid.

If we go through bring town fans, hating every player for the way they left, it'll drive us mad. Same goes for Charlie and Paynter. Happy memories. In Lucas' shoes, its a good time to move on. I'll remember a talented keeper, who used his experience and confidence wisely, as one of our best for years.
Coca Fola

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 00:07:59 »

Genuinely enjoyed having David Lucas at the club. A keeper with balls, who (when fit and in form) controlled the box as well as anyone we've had for years. God we've had some average keepers... Smith epitomises average, Evans flattered to deceive, Griemink was a waif, Mildenhall was superb at times, but rarely authoratative, Talia volatile but had a great run of form....  brez, was 2 different keepers pre and post arm break.

Lucas in his 1st year with us was better than any of them. Controlled the back four, nothing fancy, just solid.

If we go through bring town fans, hating every player for the way they left, it'll drive us mad. Same goes for Charlie and Paynter. Happy memories. In Lucas' shoes, its a good time to move on. I'll remember a talented keeper, who used his experience and confidence wisely, as one of our best for years.

Well said!
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 00:15:55 »

I have a lot of time for DL but it was time to part company. He clearly had a few niggles and also the family issues. On his day he's clearly one of the better keepers outside the top flight so a shame we didn't see much of that last year. Fond memories and a fonder fair well. Nice one Dave.

"Great save, Digby."
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 01:00:19 »

why did he sign an exstention on his contract then the dappy emo
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 05:41:47 »

Completely agree.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 11:22:18 »

A keeper with balls,

BOLLOCKS
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 15:43:49 »

Fuck off Kinky Tom and your common sense and rationality.

Cheesy

Yeah, I reckon Kinky's not as commited to the cause as we would like. There is no place for weakness in our team. I say Fuck him off and let him sign for Norcia.....

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Larman

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:06:20 »

I wish him all the best whatever he does! one of the best keepers we have had in my eyes for a long time!

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:46:45 »

The season before last he was the best keepr since Digby. Last season, for whatever reason, he was more like Hammond - absolute shite. I think a move away works for both parties. 

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:53:02 »

Lucas was a very good and solid keeper the season before last,but Brezovan pre injury was at times brilliant.
He edges it for me for best keeper since Digby. Lucas is replaceable as he wasn't anything special imo
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:14:12 »

Lucas was a very good and solid keeper the season before last,but Brezovan pre injury was at times brilliant.
He edges it for me for best keeper since Digby. Lucas is replaceable as he wasn't anything special imo

Agree with this. Brez's performance at Hartlepool was unreal, I've never seen anything like it.

I was a fan of Lucas tbh, shame he was so injury prone really.
DMR

« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:30:54 »

Brez's Hartlepool debut seems to distort the fact that he was as generally fucking awful of most of the clowns we've had recently, after his break he was genuinely terrible.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 12:01:29 »

Brez's Hartlepool debut seems to distort the fact that he was as generally fucking awful of most of the clowns we've had recently, after his break he was genuinely terrible.
But before his break(as everyone has stated) was good yeah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: