Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42739 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:52:18 »

Di Canio sitting in the dugout, that's a first.
woolster

« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:52:31 »

Well anyone who decided not to attend tonight made the right decision.  We are absolutely shite and could easily end up losing 6-0.  Done by a header yet again for the first goal, being done every time down the left - Kennedy shite, Gabildoni or whatever he's called shite.  Connell removed after half an hour when he was the better of the 2 strikers.  Most of the team don't look like they want to be here, there's no confidence and no fight.  Di Canio is strangely quiet on the touchline apart from ripping into Clarke after he got in a complete mess in front of goal. It's a mess and not enjoyable to watch in fact as poor as last season.
Eek
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:52:31 »

How much longer do we give PDC?

At least another couple of months. I'd say end of November is more than enough time.

No more excuses then - as time goes by though....the more and more I'm thinking what the fuck.
Coca Fola

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:53:35 »

I've had it with Phil Smith. He's been here 5 years and he hasn't improved whatsoever. He ALWAYS makes mistakes, normally 4 or 5 howlers a season. Yes on his day he can be brilliant but that day doesn't come around often enough. Give Lanzano or Scott a go on sat Paolo.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:54:01 »

I'm just waiting for one of the anti-Di Canio mob to pop up and say "I told you so".

Surely they went off due to PDC's political beliefs as opposed to football concerns? If they ditched the club because they felt he wasn't the right man footballing wise then they are not real Swindon Town fans and WHY THE HELL did they stick around for Malpas and Hart!?!

If ANYONE went into this thinking success was set in stone then I really do despair of the rose-tinted lives such fans live!
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:54:47 »

The thing with Connell is everyone says he is a nice, honest, no ego, heirs or graces guy. Such are my brief experiences of him in a professional capacity anyway. I don't believe he is giving less than 100 percent. And he wouldn't have a fit about it either. Very easy to therefore sacrifice him

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:55:06 »

Well anyone who decided not to attend tonight made the right decision.  We are absolutely shite and could easily end up losing 6-0.  Done by a header yet again for the first goal, being done every time down the left - Kennedy shite, Gabildoni or whatever he's called shite.  Connell removed after half an hour when he was the better of the 2 strikers.  Most of the team don't look like they want to be here, there's no confidence and no fight.  Di Canio is strangely quiet on the touchline apart from ripping into Clarke after he got in a complete mess in front of goal. It's a mess and not enjoyable to watch in fact as poor as last season.

Any positives?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:56:57 »

Surely they went due to his political beliefs as opposed to football concerns?

Yes, but I'm sure they're relishing rubbing our noses in it.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:57:22 »

do we have any strikers on the pitch.............its always ritchie with the chance and the strikers looking to pass it.....these strikers need to become greedy selfish barstewards and start shooting
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:58:28 »

do we have any strikers on the pitch.............its always ritchie with the chance and the strikers looking to pass it.....these strikers need to become greedy selfish barstewards and start shooting

Leon Clarke has never been any good.

Connell has had one good season and we wont even give him longer than 45 minutes anyway.

The other strikers are anyones guess.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 19:58:35 »

Yes, but I'm sure they're relishing rubbing our noses in it.

I look forward to the posts explaining how fascism is directly linked to poor football management.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 20:00:39 »

I'm just waiting for one of the anti-Di Canio mob to pop up and say "I told you so".

Well Reg has been calling this season a potential disaster for a while now.  I also said it would be either great or awful, and that midtable wasn't likely.  I fear I may be proven correct.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 20:01:21 »

Does anyone elses STFC player commentary keep cutting out every few seconds? This is the second time i've used it and im not impressed at all! But not sure if its my internet connection or not

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 20:02:32 »

The funny thing is that PDC has given everybody 2-year contracts!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 20:03:15 »

Well Reg has been calling this season a potential disaster for a while now.  I also said it would be either great or awful, and that midtable wasn't likely.  I fear I may be proven correct.

In fairness, most knew what could happen but heaven forbid they chose to get behind the side (I include Reg, you and everyone else that express fears and stuck around).

It's still early doors but it doesn't look good.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: