Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crawley pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 51094 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:16:55 »

Too many players who don't really do anything. Woolery, Anderson, Richards as our attacking 3 had zero effect on the game. Doesn't really seem to be any sort of pattern to our play either. Not been to many games this season but the Lincoln game was similar.

We seem decent off the ball and poor with it. Just some brainless decision making.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:21:06 »

Well, Wellens cocked that up (changes wise). And now he's claimed Carroll is good on the ball.

Bad day in the office RW.
Flashheart

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:22:46 »

He's good on the ball?

Play him in midfield then.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:24:21 »

He's good on the ball?

This. Simple.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:28:06 »

He's good on the ball?

exactly

I don't think he's a bad player. just a bad right back.  imo he was poor against Lincoln there too.

also, doughty isn't a number 10.

and starting 1 up front at home against Crawley....

Very frustrated
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:36:43 »

Well, Wellens cocked that up (changes wise). And now he's claimed Carroll is good on the ball.

Bad day in the office RW.

Yep, ridiculous comments.  Irrelevant of how he played last week, he was awful today and should have been replaced by Knoyle. I also don't agree with his reason for taking Doughty off. He's our top scorer and the one player who is likely to create something.
Other players were far less effective.  Complete waste of a sub bringing Twine on and not for the first time.  Taylor would have been a far better option.

Nothing positive to take from today, absolute rubbish.  End of January and we've won 4 games at home.  Shocking.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:36:45 »

That performance was beyond terrible.

Why did Wellens play carroll as RB? Why take off Doughty?

Also playing 1 up front at home against as side that have not won away in 100 years . FFS Wellens
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:40:23 »

Quote from: Outletred
That performance was beyond terrible.

Why did Wellens play carroll as RB? Why take off Doughty?

Also playing 1 up front at home against as side that have not won away in 100 years . FFS Wellens

that just nearly word for word repeated my Twitter moaning!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:43:30 »

Just in, trudged home in the rain!!  Awful performance.  One of the worst visiting sides for a few seasons at the CG and we made them look like Barcelona at times. And Carroll needs to be sent back to Brentford, cannot pass, cannot defend and cannot tackle.  I think we do need to look at the back four, must be the most inexperienced in the league.  One up for a home game is a shocking indictment of where we are1
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:47:11 by ronnie21 » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:46:08 »

Also, the Crawley no 5 won everything at the back.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:47:03 »

Yep, ridiculous comments.  Irrelevant of how he played last week, he was awful today and should have been replaced by Knoyle. I also don't agree with his reason for taking Doughty off. He's our top scorer and the one player who is likely to create something.
Other players were far less effective.  Complete waste of a sub bringing Twine on and not for the first time.  Taylor would have been a far better option.

Nothing positive to take from today, absolute rubbish.  End of January and we've won 4 games at home.  Shocking.

I wasn’t there, so I can only speculate, but I would have thought shifting Doughty about to where he could be effective, or overloading the area where he was being man marked, with another creative midfielder, would be better than taking off our best hope of a win...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:47:51 »

Mid table mediocrity is our bedfellow for this season, and a raft of people can take the blame for that because despite what Reg may say later, we have enough about us as a club to be further up the table.

You should listen to the manager, he talks a lot of sense.   This was before the game, he's been saying he isn't thinking of PO's, as given our position lose 2 in a row and we're out of it, therefore he's building for next season.  More or less an admission we are where we are because of the poor state of the club. As I've pointed out, we're a broken club at a historic low ebb, that will only be put back together by small incremental steps, and it won't be easy. 

Further he pointed out as I said in pre and early season, relying on loan kids in key positions isn't a recipe for success it's too much to ask of them.  You need your own players in there of the requisite standard.  Again the need for experience like under TT was flagged up for the window... we got more young players and loans.  Rose an experienced player,  has played one game in a year.

The discussion in the week with Ferret on the Tranny thread, highlighted the poor home form going back 2 and half years, and so there really was nothing we've seen under Wellens, to suggest we've got to grips with that, apart from the get an early goal strategy, which worked v Stevenage and Newport, but can't be relied on for all games. It remains the case.

However on the credit side...  the home form over the season is bad enough to put us in the drop mix, but with the couple of wins and some decent away from we've managed to get a mid table perch from whcih we should be able to build from next season without worry.

The small aims like finishing higher than 83/84, at least equalling last year's finish, winning a home game by more than a goal and wining at Whaddo Road are still on.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:48:13 »

As has already been said, shocking performance all round.

I think carroll might be a half decent player but he is shit at RB. Why is arguably our most consistent player in Knoyle not fucking playing.

Midfield were shit, attack was shit.

Every pass we made seem to be overhit, the amount that were passed out wide and went for throws was ridiculous. So many times we cocked up on the ball giving an awful Crawley side the chance to attack.

Really pissed off after that shower of shite.
Panda Paws

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:49:22 »

Not defending anyone, but I don't get the "1 up front" moans. The interpretation of formations is basically pointless. "1 up front" could be used to describe Man City or Liverpool.

Our shape wasn't negative at all, but our individual execution was, very. .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, January 26, 2019, 17:49:51 »

is mcGlashen injured?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: