Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yaya Toure and CSKA  (Read 7483 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:36:12 »

So a) you are not going to let on who these apparent shady paymasters are and b) you are going to draw releigion into it.

Lazy

A distinction must be drawn between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism. The blurring of the lines is what is truly lazy. The canard of anti-Semitism is a well worn tactic to pull the rug under honest and frank discussion.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:39:57 »

Please go away.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:45:13 »

Please go away.
Aren't you a mod still? Surely you have it within your power to make him go away? Wink
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:48:20 »

Please go away.

At least some people are content with the restraints that bind them. TEF be careful, for that which is abundantly clear must be disavowed in this upside down country, otherwise be prepared to be treated as a pariah.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:49:02 »

Aren't you a mod still? Surely you have it within your power to make him go away? Wink

I can't see that Dosser has done anything here to merit expulsion....SY though  Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:51:44 »

At least some people are content with the restraints that bind them. TEF be careful, for that which is abundantly clear must be disavowed in this upside down country, otherwise be prepared to be treated as a pariah.
Have you ever considered other forums that may not treat you as such a pariah? I believe pauld mentioned one earlier in the thread
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:53:27 »

Have you ever considered other forums that may not treat you as such a pariah?
Or just not being a nutjob?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 13:03:33 »

A distinction must be drawn between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism. The blurring of the lines is what is truly lazy. The canard of anti-Semitism is a well worn tactic to pull the rug under honest and frank discussion.

So can I add c) refusing to answer the question to my list.

You wont tell me who is paying Fry to persue Russia and instead of answering why you drew an anti-christianity issue into it you instead consider to persue a jewish line.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 13:09:15 »

Granted it isn't as bad here anymore but if you think racism is no longer in this country,

I don't, hence why I said it hasn't wholely gone away. I do however think it's an improving situation, even from 20 years ago.

I don't think you will ever get rid of it totally.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 13:10:07 »

Have you ever considered other forums that may not treat you as such a pariah? I believe pauld mentioned one earlier in the thread
twatsnet?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 13:12:20 »

So... Russia's backwards and twisted attitude towards people of other cultures is the fault of the jews, Stephen Fry and the western media?

He'd have a good point re. the policy of Qatar on homosexuality if it hadn't already been plastered all over the media. Same with Fry, who regularly speaks out against the barbarian nature of all major world religions. Christianity takes the brunt because he lives in a (mostly) Christian country.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 13:52:49 »

Anyway I am going off topic

Can you put this in your sig?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 17:10:23 »

I think ALL players, black, white or green should boycott the World Cup in those circumstances leaving Russia to win it fair and square with Doss to cheer them on
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 20:29:40 »

I'm going to stick my investigative hat on here and venture a guess that when Sub-Saharan footballing nations visit the likes of Egypt, Algeria and Morroco in qualifying matches that they face a constant onslaught of racist abuse. This never gets aired because it threatens to shatter the utter misnomer that racism is the preserve of Europeans. It's rather like the morons who garner front page headlines for spewing racist invective on a tube train against fellow passengers - these rare occurences are treated like it's indicative of non-white people having to run a daily gauntlet of vile abuse. The propelling of these incidents into the mainstream press serves an agenda- obfuscating a rational debate about mass immigration and its pros and cons, corralling people into being shit scared about expressing well grounded opinions about the demographic tumult this nation is confronted with.

It is telling that, and I understand that youtube is replete with such instances, that zealously expressed anti-white sentiment spewed on public transport doesn't result in a campaign to identify the perpetrator.

Seems to me people are conditioned into paying lip service at every given opportunity to multi-culturalism and perpetuating this myth that racism as espoused by white people is rife in the UK, thereby bolstering their credentials as a non-prejudiced individual. It's the new religion.

He has got a bit of a point.

Racism by white people hits the press far more than"other" racism.
I know from working abroad that most other regions (outside Europe) are far more "racially aware" than we are.

I have met people from the middle east who would gladly kill their own daughters if they had a relationship with a black guy.
And this is just one example.

Yaya Toure is from the Ivory Coast. I have not been there, but I have worked in Ghana and Nigeria, and alot of the people there are outrageously racist about anyone who is not from their particular racial group. I would guess the Ivory Coast is similar.

If you start boycotting countries because of racism, then there won't be many countries left that are qualified to hold a World cup.

Just a thought

(can't believe I am agreeing with Dossy)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 21:23:05 »

Received opinion in its politically correct manifestations can produce views that are as inconsistent as purely reactive prejudices.  Who better than Doss to raise the big questions?

On the African continent, which you raise NBR, there is plenty of white guilt trip theory but the Arabs in particular were big slavetraders too.

This topic is about a potential boycott of the World Cup by black players if monkey chanting is effectively tolerated by the authorities.

Do "non black" players get abuse like monkey chants (and not so very long ago banana throwing) because of their colour?  Would we non-blacks put up with an equivalent racism at our place of work if we lived in a predominantly non-white society?

Football abuse is cruel and unfair but this is unacceptable in a truly world game.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: