Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Significant Announcement - Thursday  (Read 71545 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:10:52 »

It's only underwhelming when compared to Red Bull showering us with gadzillions of pounds

Serious question now the whole thing has been shown to be total Darren Bullocks...

I genuinely cannot believe how many fans seemed genuinely excited by the idea of Red Bull taking over, it would have meant (based on previous acquisitions) new name, new kit does the offer of money really make our heritage so insignificant to many supporters, not a dig at anyone in particular it was just a bit of a shock to see on social media (admittedly not a big trawl of comments) that most dissenting voices seemed to be coming from supporters of other team rather than Town fans..... Discuss
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:11:45 »

Really interesting to see people, particularly those who are hyper-critical of Power, genuinely disappointed that RB aren't buying us.

Would people genuinely rather being owned by an international conglomerate and ran as marketing tool for one of the most unhealthy legalised products in the world,  with a new name, badge etc...

Ah you beat me to it by seconds .... wanker  Wink Cheesy
Panda Paws

« Reply #317 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:13:28 »

Apols!

The most bizarre thing about it is that it's the people who claim Power is taking money out, only using it for his own devices, ignoring the community, has no place in "their" club etc that seem to have been the most enthused about RB!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:19:10 »

Only just got in from GWH having had a small eye operation checked out so rather late to the news. As far as I can see it is a positive move by Mr Power, takes the build up of pressure off Luke Williams and lets him get on with what he is happiest with, and we get someone to "manage" the team who has experience of doing that.

I have now gone from being concerned about the direction in which we were going to one with slightly more optimism.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:23:45 »

Serious question now the whole thing has been shown to be total Darren Bullocks...

I genuinely cannot believe how many fans seemed genuinely excited by the idea of Red Bull taking over, it would have meant (based on previous acquisitions) new name, new kit does the offer of money really make our heritage so insignificant to many supporters, not a dig at anyone in particular it was just a bit of a shock to see on social media (admittedly not a big trawl of comments) that most dissenting voices seemed to be coming from supporters of other team rather than Town fans..... Discuss
It's why clubs such as ours will forever spend its time in the shadows. Only serious money will get to the PL - if that's what people want.

Other club's fans bang on about the downside of a RB type takeover out of jealousy - much the same as we do about Muff et al.

Power's model may well be sustainable but exciting it aint. Some of us haven't got the time to see if it will eventually bear fruit!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #320 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:26:23 »

Sorry, it was winding me up being on the wrong board.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:28:13 »

I'm quite enthused by the news. Time will tell if it bears fruit but I think it will certainly help raise the clubs profile again.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:29:12 »

Apols!

The most bizarre thing about it is that it's the people who claim Power is taking money out, only using it for his own devices, ignoring the community, has no place in "their" club etc that seem to have been the most enthused about RB!

I think what they mean is they are not happy with losing or being shit.  Unfortunately, that is the lot of supporting a lower league team.  If you'd just as well sell up to a corporate marketing machine, why not just take a much quicker path and support Man City or Arsenal?  Supporting Swindon has fuck all to do with watching a successful team.
Stevens

« Reply #323 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 17:30:41 »

Brilliant news - no more cuddles for the players, lets get to work/support and get up that table.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 18:06:49 »

When I think of non-contract staff I think of when Andy King brought in his mates for a little while - Steve Coppell, Mick Harford etc. Is this a long term plan? I'm not so sure.

I've got no major issue with Tim Sherwood and in all honesty I thought the footballing world was and still is kind of harsh to him. He's not as articulate as some managers are but if we get anything close to the standard of players as to what was provided during his Spurs days then we'll be just fine, if he's hear long term... then who knows. Dean Parrett aside, obv.

I think I wanted a takeover more though (despite the risks that such news can bring).
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 18:28:13 »

Just an aside on the Red Bull thing - does anyone think that's maybe Sherwood wouldn't have come here if there wasn't something in the pipeline??

I'm not saying a Red Bull buyout is on the cards but maybe something?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 18:32:48 »

I'd imagine if RB, or similar, came to the CG he'd be out on his ear. Serious money = serious people.

He probably got some assurances from Power re budget and responsibilities. Happy with that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 18:34:58 »

Just an aside on the Red Bull thing - does anyone think that's maybe Sherwood wouldn't have come here if there wasn't something in the pipeline??

No. He's not worked for a year, probably hooverd up some good bucks by getting sacked by Spurs then Villa, so probably is genuinely interested in seeing what he can do.  I recall when Macari took over when we'd just finished in our lowest ever position, he said part of the attraction in STFC was a club which should be better, so you could be seen to taking it forward more easily.  This season we've been pretty shoddy especially at the CG, so it ought to be possible to get us moving forward a bit.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 18:35:00 »

Why? Power and Sherwood are mates. Surely if there was something in the pipeline, then he wouldn't come here.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
corner

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 18:42:29 »

on itv news this evening  Suicide
Take a look at @stfc_mick's Tweet: https://twitter.com/stfc_mick/status/796780783314829313?s=09
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: