Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Significant Announcement - Thursday  (Read 71554 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:27:01 »

So I assume everyone would be entirely happy with a name change?

Is that even allowed these days? What happened to the whole Hull City Tigers thing?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:29:22 »

Waterford, the excitement got to me

Sorry Batch, I did think that you knew, I just decided to be an irritating pedant! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:30:08 »

I really don't see it being anything to do with Red Bull.... for the small reason we are Swindon Town and nothing ever remotely positive happens to us.

I hate to say it but If anything I think Red Bull may buy Franchise, they have the stadium in place, a large population and Red Bull F1 are based in MK already.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:31:03 »

I really don't see it being anything to do with Red Bull.... for the small reason we are Swindon Town and nothing ever remotely positive happens to us.

I hate to say it but If anything I think Red Bull may buy Franchise, they have the stadium in place, a large population and Red Bull F1 are based in MK already.

Of course its not RB, but nothing wrong with a bit of banter and wishful thinking.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:32:08 »

Anyone know if the press conference will be on the radio?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:32:13 »

So I assume everyone would be entirely happy with a name change?

It will be something incredibly dull, and he has only invited the Advertiser to punch them.

The Swindon Redbulls has that American ring to it that our fans are sure to hate so it's a winner for me.

Lets go Redbulls, Lets go!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:33:19 »

The Swindon Redbulls has that American ring to it that our fans are sure to hate so it's a winner for me.

And its Red Bull Swindon, Red Bull Swindon FC, we're by far the most hated team, the league has ever seen.

It works
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:34:18 »

Given the low esteem in which Leipzig are now held by the rest of German football, buying a business that's already hated, would make sense..
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:34:32 »

The talk of RB is a bit like getting an email from the National Lottery to say there is good news about your ticket - you are hoping for a big win but in truth you won £2.70.

As already said nothing good ever happens to us.

We've probably got a new cleaning contract with Dynarod.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:34:53 »

Would be a sensible purchase for them, not exactly going to alienate a proud fanbase there are they?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:38:40 »

Of course its not RB, but nothing wrong with a bit of banter and wishful thinking.

Too many years of getting my hopes up with Town... trying to not get carried away only to find out at 130 we will be playing at the York road chippy county ground next season.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:39:04 »

Suicide
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:39:22 »

And its Red Bull Swindon, Red Bull Swindon FC, we're by far the most hated team, the league has ever seen.

It works

I miss being hated in the Di Canio days. Like everyone had such irrational hatred for us it just made us feel relevant and it almost galvanised the fans. We're boring now. Except for when we were diving and cheating a couple of years ago.

Not sure how I'd feel if it was red bull (for what it's worth, I'm 99% sure it isn't).

I'm guessing at a new manager
Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:41:27 »

That 'nothing good happens to us' is poor reasoning. It's also just not true.

That's not to say I think it will be Red Bull, if anybody, we just have to wait and find out.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10:46:38 »

That 'nothing good happens to us' is poor reasoning. It's also just not true.

Ok let me rephrase, nothing good happens to us for longer than 18-24 months*

*since 1992 when I first started going, I'm sure there were better days before that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: