Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Henry the new trialist  (Read 1546 times)
Dazzza

« on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 11:45:11 »

Six footer, 21 year old from Northern Ireland and previously of Leeds with a handful of appearances last season for Halifax Town.

Had a trial at Aberdeen this season but was never taken on.  Impressed initially but didn't quite do enough to earn a contract.

Bit of a controversial lad as well after playing for Northern Ireland he decided to declare for the Republic.

Played very well back in Ireland but don't know if he'll cut the mustard with King who's after an experienced head.  

Leeds fan opinion:  "Who the hell was he?"

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 11:46:53 »

so in other words.

lets hope Kingy's scouting mission last night came up with something

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 11:52:40 »

My only concern is that whenever King signs a player from a non-league team they don't seem to perform. Examples are Griffin and Opara.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 12:03:44 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
My only concern is that whenever King signs a player from a non-league team they don't seem to perform. Examples are Griffin and Opara.

King didnt sign Griffin, Jimmy Quinn did.

Opara, Martin and Dykes are all valid examples though.
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 12:04:43 »

Back to the subject in hand, he dosnt sound promising to me. We need a CB with league 1 experience.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 12:06:04 »

Yeah, we need a Peter Handyside type - just solid and knows the score.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 12:33:39 »

Sorry my mistake - you get the jist tho  Oops

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 15:46:39 »

I get the impression the stint at Halifax was more a stop-gap after getting released by Leeds to take him through to the summer and playing football.

Back in Ireland there where rather high hopes for the lad until he got released.  

All of King's non-league 'specials have been questionable.

Dykes did look ok and wasn't bad when he got I think it was one game and won the MoM award.  After a season under King rhe requested that he return back to his non-league club.

Martin was a calamity.  Lord knows where it was he came from but I recall the disbelief from that clubs fans that we had signed a player umpteen leagues down that couldn't even make their bench.  Family friend?  My arse, more like lovechild to get a one year deal.

Lloyd 'phantom of the' Opara had the same attitude as me come Monday morning.  Enough said.

The one that did look tasty in Freddy Eastwood was bloody let go after scoring a brace in the reserves on trial!

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 15:50:28 »

Dykes has scored a free kick against a lad I know who plays in goal for one of the more successful local sides round my way.  He said there was no way he'd be good enough for league football - he was right of course.
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 15:55:09 »

Dykes was the best of the non league players, although that opinion is based on the one game that dazzza mentioned
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 19:28:33 »

I think Martin came from Aylesbury, not definate about that though.

I saw Dykes one game as well, didn't look too bad but you can't judge on one game only (apart from Kim Heiselburg).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: