Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PdC coming up on Sky Sports!  (Read 12000 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:24:31 »

Not for the first, and not for the last, I 100% disagree with DV on this one. Sport is an entertainment game, if you lose the thrill of the sport it doesn't matter if you don't win.

Like others have said good to see that this season this isn't so important, as we're doing both.

Team with the most points gets promoted. Not the most entertaining team.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:26:14 »

From Twitter :

AdamLeventhal Adam Leventhal
All I can say after the highlight interview of my @skysportsnews shift today is... 'D I CANIO, D I CANIO!'

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Flashheart

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:28:11 »

Yeah

They get promoted so the fans can enjoy another season of boredom in a higher league.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:32:29 »

I watch sport to be entertained, not to grind out wins and possibly get promoted.

I appreciate you may have a different opinion, as some people like the win at all costs approach, but I don't.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:37:29 »

PDC annoys me.

I really really didn't wan't to warm to him,but I have.Can't help it he's an entertaining man.It won't get me going regulalrly again though,that ship has sailed.

Oh well, never mind, bye bye ship
Barry Scott

« Reply #95 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:38:37 »

I watch sport to be entertained, not to grind out wins and possibly get promoted.

I appreciate you may have a different opinion, as some people like the win at all costs approach, but I don't.

Abramovich would agree. He's not after wins, he's got that, he wants wins and style hence disliking that Di Canio wannabe, José. (Like the Real fans as well.)

I also think it's why Wenger has been at Arsenal so long, the fans have been thoroughly entertained for a long time, despite the paltry silverware return.

(I'm not trying to disagree with DV here, because I wouldn't care how we got promoted or won, but our football and the entertainment is a very welcome bonus.)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:47:04 »

Football as a industry is about winning. No question.

Football for the spectator should be, for me, more about entertainment/enjoyment. I didn't start watching Swindon Town for the victories, I did because football is brilliantly unpredictable and that my dad made me. If we all watched football for the winning then we'd all be glory supporters.

One year the entertainment can be amazing value (winning is a part of this) and some seasons it ain't. Sunrise, sunset.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:49:32 »

OST can I ask (and could you reply to the following question) do you go to matches? Not sure why but I always assume you don't for some reason. Don't get me wrong this doesn't devalue your opinion (or devalue my opinion of your opinion) or anything like that, just genuinely interested.

To be honest I'm not even sure why I think you're a non-attender.
Well, 'back in the day' (i.e. when I actually lived in Swindon and lived walking distance from the CG) I missed only 2 or 3 games a season (The Macari/Ardiles era) Then I moved to London and carried on in pretty much the same vein. It dwindled off a little in the ensuing years and in the last 4 or 5 seasons I've only been to a handful of games due to a combination of disilliusionment due to dire performances on the pitch (and the state of the club off it), geographical position and financial constraints. (Plus, I think you get out of the habit of going as well.)

However, 2 of those 3 are starting to look up somewhat so I hope to be getting to a lot more games in the near future (I went to Leicester last week and will probably go to Barnet next week.) I've got to say though, even though I've not been much in person this season I'm enjoying it as much any season I've experienced.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:51:21 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:59:42 »

That's fair enough OST, just wondered. I need to get back into going as since my little girl arrived I've not been that much, can't bring myself to miss Saturday afternoons with her, especially as I've away quite a bit with work thesedays.  Midweek matches I'm going to try and put the effort in.

It is easy to lose the habit though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 20:08:34 »

That's fair enough OST, just wondered. I need to get back into going as since my little girl arrived I've not been that much, can't bring myself to miss Saturday afternoons with her, especially as I've away quite a bit with work thesedays.  Midweek matches I'm going to try and put the effort in.

It is easy to lose the habit though.
You can lose the habit but not the love Wink

My Saturdays are very different to what they used to be but no less enjoyable. Now I'll get the commentary on the internet, get the match day thread up on here and Soccer Saturday on in the living room, listen to Paolo's post match rants and ramblings and then have a few beers later on to celebrate yet another win. Lovely.

As I said though, I will be looking to mix up a few of those types of Saturdays with a bit more 'live action' in the weeks and months to come. At the end of the day though, I feel just as passionate about STFC now as when I went to games week in week out.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 20:13:38 »

Best time for years.

Everyone talking about Di Canio and Swindon.

Went to a meeting today and the 2 Directors of the Supplier I was seeing were Leicester Supporters.
Both went to the game and said we were a good side but lacked a good striker otherwise would have one.

.....and for the rocord "Your fans are bloody loud"...... Clap

Last season tested my "loyal supporter" card but this season has just been great.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 20:21:31 »

Football as a industry is about winning. No question.

Football for the spectator should be, for me, more about entertainment/enjoyment. I didn't start watching Swindon Town for the victories, I did because football is brilliantly unpredictable and that my dad made me. If we all watched football for the winning then we'd all be glory supporters.

One year the entertainment can be amazing value (winning is a part of this) and some seasons it ain't. Sunrise, sunset.

Well said, if football were ONLY about winning then we would all support one of the Top 5 Premier League clubs.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 20:44:38 »

Well said, if football were ONLY about winning then we would all support one of the Top 5 Premier League clubs.
they're a miserable bunch of whingers themselves though
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 21:24:25 »

I decided to stop going regularly this season after having a season ticket for 20 years since the age of 10, the main reason was to spend more time with my little boy who is 19 months old but the goings on at STFC on and off the pitch last season made it a very easy decision to make, I was so fed up with football.

For me going to football should be an enjoyable experience, yes winning helps and it's great to be at the top but I do want to be entertained in exchange for my hard earned cash. It also doesnt matter what league you are in, we are having far more fun at the top of league 2 than teams who are struggling in the prem.

I haven't been able to stay away completely this season, i've been to 4 games so far and will be going on Saturday aswell, the noticeable thing is the complete change in atmosphere around the club, there is a feel good factor and that is pretty much exclusively down to di canio, although you have to credit the board for backing him all the way. The ambition and desire we are showing to get promoted this season is just fantastic, never been more proud of my club.

Even from afar I've really enjoyed following the town this season and my love for football is well and truly back, I wont get a season ticket until my boy is old enough to come with me, but I will get to the county ground when I can and I really look forward to going now, you take it for granted when you go every week but when you only go on occasion it becomes a real event, I cannot wait for Saturday.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 21:35:58 »

you take it for granted when you go every week but when you only go on occasion it becomes a real event, I cannot wait for Saturday.

At the moment I'm massively looking forward to every game as a real event and I go every week, I too can't wait for Saturday and it's only Burton Albion....but that's a testament to the football/feel good factor at the moment because it's that good.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: