Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 25965 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 20:34:45 »

3 points, Magera off the mark, 5th clean sheet in a row but more importantly the natural order of things has been restored with the yellow filth looking up at us again.

Sums it up perfect.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 20:38:58 »

"I heard Di Canio talking about the way Bradford play, saying they are very physical," said Pope.

"But he's managing in League Two – if he doesn't want to see physical 'in-your-face football' he should go back to Cloud Cuckoo Land where people wear tutus and dance around each other.

"At this level it's about working hard and putting plenty of challenges in.

"That's the top and bottom of it. If he wants to think his players can't be kicked, he's in the wrong job."

those are some momentously idiotic comments
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 22:13:05 »

"I heard Di Canio talking about the way Bradford play, saying they are very physical," said Pope.

"But he's managing in League Two – if he doesn't want to see physical 'in-your-face football' he should go back to Cloud Cuckoo Land where people wear tutus and dance around each other.

"At this level it's about working hard and putting plenty of challenges in.

"That's the top and bottom of it. If he wants to think his players can't be kicked, he's in the wrong job."

Heh! heh!

Prick  Cool
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 22:34:49 »

Back from the game, as routine an away win as I've seen for a while. Controlled the game from start to finish, Vale had a few half chances but we were so comfortable.  Few player performance thoughts:

Gabilondo - Absolutely superb in the 1st half, the pitch was very wide and this played into his hands as he had a lot of room to terrorise the right back. Key part in Magera's goal and was our main attacking force.  Faded out a bit in the second half.

Magera - slow start but as soon as he scored he grew in confidence and was excellent for the rest of the game showing all the attributes you want from a target man. The class started to shine through.

Flint - another towering performance, won everything in the air and was there to get us out of a couple of potential dodgy defensive moments 

Jervis - fucking dreadful, dying on his feet by half time. Saw on twitter he said he had the flu so that would explain the performance

Big Wes - I can't remember the last time I had so much confidence in a Town keeper. As per recent games he did everything asked of him.

Ridenhaugh - didn't put a foot wrong at back and seemed to have a very good understanding with Gabby going forward. Here's hoping the new Huddersfield manager doesn't want him.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 22:57:54 »

Back from the game, as routine an away win as I've seen for a while. Controlled the game from start to finish, Vale had a few half chances but we were so comfortable.  Few player performance thoughts:

Gabilondo - Absolutely superb in the 1st half, the pitch was very wide and this played into his hands as he had a lot of room to terrorise the right back. Key part in Magera's goal and was our main attacking force.  Faded out a bit in the second half.

Magera - slow start but as soon as he scored he grew in confidence and was excellent for the rest of the game showing all the attributes you want from a target man. The class started to shine through.

Flint - another towering performance, won everything in the air and was there to get us out of a couple of potential dodgy defensive moments

Jervis - fucking dreadful, dying on his feet by half time. Saw on twitter he said he had the flu so that would explain the performance

Big Wes - I can't remember the last time I had so much confidence in a Town keeper. As per recent games he did everything asked of him.

Ridenhaugh - didn't put a foot wrong at back and seemed to have a very good understanding with Gabby going forward. Here's hoping the new Huddersfield manager doesn't want him.

Thanks...things are looking rosey.
deltaincline

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:02:31 »

We did what we had to do today. We matched them physically, closed them down very quickly, which stopped them playing and severely limited their chances, whilst we took our chance and the penalty with clinical style.

All the ingredients needed to get out of this division were on display today. Fucking good win against a side who could easily have kicked our arse if we'd let them play.

Wes in goal was confidence personified. Very big steadying influence at the back.

Flint immense as usual. Ditto that for McComack, Caddis and Ridehalgh

Smith got through a lot of work even if some of his passes were wayward.

Ferry his usual busy self and made some good, perceptive passes that caused havock at times.

Gabilondo a real threat, but faded due to the sheer amount of work he got through. Tore them apart for Magera's goal.

Ritchie was mediocre by his high standards. Didn't shine, but contributed well enough.

Jervis was lightweight. Not his fault if was ill though.

Magera took his goal well. Always neat and tidy for such a tall player. Will deffo be a big threat if he can keep his confidence levels up. His two-fisted gesture to the fans showed what it meant to him to get on the score sheet today. Looked like he'd finally shaken the monkey off his back and played like it for the rest of the match.

Still early days, but the signs are all there that this side are capable of causing problems for anyone.

For me though, the defence is now so solid and confident with Wes between the sticks. Gotta sign him or someone like him in January if we're going to be in the mix - or above - come May 2012.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:02:38 »

Weird one today. Port Vale looked like they could play all night and not score - they had chances but Big Wes was in the right place at the right time. Gabilondo and Magera came in and played well, thought Caddis and Ferry were very good (as per), Flint and McCormack were composed and in control against Marc Richards.

Jervis didn't have the best half but I despair of those who booed him. Ridiculous. Kerrouche was awesome Smiley .

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:04:41 »

Can't see why Palace would want to end Foderingham's loan when its going so well. Chances are that they'll extend his deal with them in January and with us to the end of the year.

I've little doubt Montano is a skillful player, but let's send him back and get Bodin back. Both cover the left and can play up top.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:09:25 »

I believe Foderingham is out of contract in the summer, so come January it is definitely worth chucking some money towards Palace and seeing what they say...
deltaincline

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:10:15 »

Can't see why Palace would want to end Foderingham's loan when its going so well. Chances are that they'll extend his deal with them in January and with us to the end of the year.

I've little doubt Montano is a skillful player, but let's send him back and get Bodin back. Both cover the left and can play up top.

Bodin isn't good enough to get in our squad - yet. Not sure he ever will be, but if he's going to improve as a player and have half a chance of making it in the game, he's better off doing it out on loan as the expectation levels here are too great and our cuntish element will just ruin him.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:14:01 »

Bodin isn't good enough to get in our squad - yet. Not sure he ever will be, but if he's going to improve as a player and have half a chance of making it in the game, he's better off doing it out on loan as the expectation levels here are too great and our cuntish element will just ruin him.

He's never played for us with the confidence to know he can create and score goals in league football though. We hadn't got going when he was in the side this season - so can we really judge? The best guide is what he's doing now.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:21:05 »

I believe Foderingham is out of contract in the summer, so come January it is definitely worth chucking some money towards Palace and seeing what they say...

Sadly this isn't good news for us.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=41518&headline=Eagles%20eye%20Christmas%20talks%20with%20keeper

Still no reason we couldn't extend the loan for the rest of the season though.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:31:32 »

As long as Julian Speroni and Lewis Price are at Selhurst Park then we will make the most of Wes Foderingham.

He's out of contract at Palace this summer isn't he?
deltaincline

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:31:49 »

He's never played for us with the confidence to know he can create and score goals in league football though. We hadn't got going when he was in the side this season - so can we really judge? The best guide is what he's doing now.

Can only go on what I've seen of him. He has ability, no doubt. He's not in the same league as Keroosh, Connell, Magera, Gabilondo etc though.

Granted, he's scoring goals at the moment, and good on him. Elliot Benyon scored goals in the same place as well though.

I wouldn't swap any of our current players for either of them. Would you?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 23:48:02 »

For Montano, yes. See exactly where you're coming from but the loan was put in place to develop him. Let's get the new improved version before we write him off...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: