Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Redevelopment Or Never? And Left Behind!  (Read 51595 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 16:08:02 »

Am I right in the thinking those same grants were also going to pay, or part pay, for a new stand where the Stratton Bank is, to be built at the same time? Only someone objected to it blocking their light and the plan was shelved?

Such a shame as was a unique time where building stand was relatively cheap.

Yes the grants were in place....the complaint thing an urban myth. We just couldn't find the 250-300K needed for our contribution.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 16:36:36 »

If it is an urban myth it's being perpetuated by the guy that does the stadium tours.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 16:42:11 »

If it is an urban myth it's being perpetuated by the guy that does the stadium tours.

That's kind of how urban myths work...what is true, is that some folk raised a concern when the planning application was put in, as they're entirely entitled to do. The application then proceded no further because of the fund shortfall, so just stayed in the pending tray....
DRS

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 16:44:41 »

The one thing this thread has tought me is that everyone on here is a fucking planning expert
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 16:49:02 »

Wait. We're supposed to be learning?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 17:07:43 »

Wait. We're supposed to be learning?

I've learnt loads from the TEF...like there's a bloke on telly called Kevin McLoud, what a dirty sanchez is, and that you need to have at least 6 bikes, a wardrobe full of lycra, and a small on-board computer to be considered a cyclist.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 17:11:04 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 17:17:48 »

The one thing this thread has tought me is that everyone on here is a fucking planning expert
And football experts ......
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 17:32:05 »

Or that some people have a bit of imagination  Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 18:06:45 »

I am a fucking planning expert..... sadly.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 18:07:31 »

That's kind of how urban myths work...what is true, is that some folk raised a concern when the planning application was put in, as they're entirely entitled to do. The application then proceded no further because of the fund shortfall, so just stayed in the pending tray....

The lack of funding would not have affected the councils ability to determine the application,  that makes no sense.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 18:12:16 »

The lack of funding would not have affected the councils ability to determine the application,  that makes no sense.
He's kind of right. Objections were raised but the application was passed despite them and permission granted but then the club weren't able to proceed because of lack of funding.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 20:02:59 »

The ground was there before the houses so tell em to do one. Thought the club owned most of the houses behind the bank anyway?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 20:21:31 »

The ground was there before the houses so tell em to do one. Thought the club owned most of the houses behind the bank anyway?

Once upon a time the club owned 1 Shrivenham Road and used it as a hostel...but it was sold off years ago, along with a number of other club houses bought in Walcot West.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 20:58:09 »

Once upon a time the club owned 1 Shrivenham Road and used it as a hostel...but it was sold off years ago, along with a number of other club houses bought in Walcot West.
One of them has a plaque stating "Don Rogers lodged here"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 20:59:11 »

Did you build it reg?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: