Pages: 1 ... 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214160 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7410 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 12:44:33 »

You schedule your second jab at the same time as you schedule your first.  I scheduled my mum's for her and booked both appointments - she had her first last week.  2nd is booked for the 30th April

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7411 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 12:52:54 »

You schedule your second jab at the same time as you schedule your first.  I scheduled my mum's for her and booked both appointments - she had her first last week.  2nd is booked for the 30th April
Not down here mate, my surgery said I they will contact me when its available.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7412 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 12:53:52 »

oh right, Mrs B was same as berni, book both at same time
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7413 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 12:55:53 »

Not down here mate, my surgery said I they will contact me when its available.

I think it depends on whether you waited for the letter to tell you to schedule or not.  in the letter you are asked to book your appointments online, which allows both bookings.  If you were called, then they probably only book the first.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7414 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 13:23:52 »

I think it depends on whether you waited for the letter to tell you to schedule or not.  in the letter you are asked to book your appointments online, which allows both bookings.  If you were called, then they probably only book the first.

I think when my old man had his in Witney he was given a week to expect his second appointment to be, I think its the first week in April off the top of my head!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7415 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 13:41:42 »

I think it depends on whether you waited for the letter to tell you to schedule or not.  in the letter you are asked to book your appointments online, which allows both bookings.  If you were called, then they probably only book the first.
I was called in for the jab at short notice on the telephone, literally 10 mins from call to vaccine.

I have since been offered it twice by telephone call, once by txt and twice by letter!

I think when my old man had his in Witney he was given a week to expect his second appointment to be, I think its the first week in April off the top of my head!
Yeah I was told which week it would be but not the actual day or date etc.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7416 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 13:43:47 »

I was called in for the jab at short notice on the telephone, literally 10 mins from call to vaccine.

I have since been offered it twice by telephone call, once by txt and twice by letter!
Yeah I was told which week it would be but not the actual day or date etc.

Not been offered it once yet, but people down in Oxfordshire in the same group do seem to be getting it offered and we were allegedly ahead of the game up here so who bloody knows.

Not that it matters as I ain't going anywhere, albeit I am actually off out on site on Thursday to stand in a field with a client and an architect!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7417 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 13:51:34 »

Not been offered it once yet, but people down in Oxfordshire in the same group do seem to be getting it offered and we were allegedly ahead of the game up here so who bloody knows.

Not that it matters as I ain't going anywhere, albeit I am actually off out on site on Thursday to stand in a field with a client and an architect!
I don't know anyone else who has been offered it TBH yet, my wife hasn't and any of my relatives under 65 either, but then I am the only one of them with severe underlying health problems so naturally they do those first.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7418 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 14:07:47 »

You'll have two or three new vaccines being deployed by week 12 I'd imagine.  With extra resources coming online to deliver shots as well the UK is well positioned to get both the 2nd jab and 1st jabs done together and keep them separate.

The USA is not doing a bad job, but the splintered nature of private healthcare, the Federal/State separation and the demand being greater than supply is making it tricky to combine both first and second jabs so close together I think.  The admin burden must be horrific in keeping track of all that and despite each State moaning about under supply, none of them are remotely close to 100% used on any given day.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7419 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 15:50:13 »

Had my Pfizer jab this morning at steam. A very well run smooth operation.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7420 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 15:59:47 »

Got my letter this morning, went online, both stabbings booked,, day, date and time confirmed on both, all within a  couple of minutes,  whether it actually happens or not that's another thing.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7421 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 16:36:12 »

great stuff

@swindonmaniac, why wouldn't it?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #7422 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 16:40:13 »

Had to drive 25 miles each way, but got jabbed today at Basingstoke Fire Station, of all the bizarre locations!
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #7423 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 19:56:41 »

Likewise. Slick, efficient and a friendly team.

Didn't feel the jab, only the anti-wipe clean up of the puncture afterwards !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7424 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 20:09:40 »

Good to hear so many getting the vaccine and by the sounds of it the process is really smooth too
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: