Pages: 1 ... 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214377 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7230 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 15:20:42 »

Appreciated.  ie your link not the Baroness's evidence.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7231 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 17:43:02 »

Much as I have immense respect for Captain Tom Moore and what he achieved in the final year of his life, the instruction from towsle-haired tosser Boris Johnson to stand on my doorstep and clap for him to show my appreciation doesn't sit right at all.  We're not primary school children; and I'm not going to allow Johnson to claim any reflected glory/association with the brilliant efforts of Captain Tom.

Shut it, Johnson.  And get on with your job.  108,000 and counting.  Your watch.

Boris is now on about building a monument for him. A bit much?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7232 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 18:05:07 »

If he wants to fitting tribute to show respect for Capt Tom, he could start by paying nurses properly, then rectify a decade of underfunding the NHS so that in future we won't need 100-year old pensioners to walk round their gardens in order to adequately fund a health service that is supposed to be paid for out of the taxes he keeps diverting to his corrupt fucking mates.
Flashheart

« Reply #7233 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 18:13:13 »

If he wants to fitting tribute to show respect for Capt Tom, he could start by paying nurses properly, then rectify a decade of underfunding the NHS so that in future we won't need 100-year old pensioners to walk round their gardens in order to adequately fund a health service that is supposed to be paid for out of the taxes he keeps diverting to his corrupt fucking mates.

And people who think it's a good thing to clap should stop voting tory (if they do)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7234 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 18:20:17 »

Build and name a new hospital after him.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7235 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 20:33:02 »

He's so desperate to be seen as some form of Churchillian hero (Boris not Tom) isn't he? So much so he'll happily try and live it via taking credit for something a 100yr old man accomplished.

You just know if he goes ahead with it, he'll make it all about himself!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7236 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 20:37:22 »

And people who think it's a good thing to clap should stop voting tory (if they do)
But Corbyn...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7237 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 21:26:01 »

Build and name a new hospital after him.

A national bank holiday. To remember the fallen so to speak and the efforts of the NHS and other key workers including our biosciences. This BH shall hence forth be know as Sir Tom Moore day.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7238 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 21:29:21 »

Nah fuck that. Pay nhs staff what they deserve, and create a social structure that means many ‘essential workers’ aren’t treading the breadline

We don’t need a bank holiday, or 6pm applauses - hollow gestures to make the insulated middle class feel like they’re doing something without having to think too hard to do so

Things get better but they never get good
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7239 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 22:14:06 »

In the UK, in this modern society,  no job shlould put anyone anywhere near the breadline. That is also regardless of doing it.

Also think it's time attitudes changed in the naming of job categorisation as "unskilled" (at the so called lower end). Many of these jobs require certain skills that for example, a law graduate might never possess. These can often be ones that require much more social interaction and understanding of people. I know plenty of intelligent people with bloody good jobs but they wouldn't have a clue how to approach a person in public. It's certainly long overdue that we recognise skillets across all sectors. Everyone has value and hopefully the pandemic has opened a few of the more ignorant "Jacks" to this.

As we grow further into an age of digitisation and automation, it will likely come even more important as to retaining functional social skillset behaviour and attitudes in public. It won't be long before many things are done for us; do we really want our social conversations and public debate to be automated too?

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7240 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 22:23:07 »

In the UK, in this modern society,  no job shlould put anyone anywhere near the breadline. That is also regardless of doing it.

Also think it's time attitudes changed in the naming of job categorisation as "unskilled" (at the so called lower end). Many of these jobs require certain skills that for example, a law graduate might never possess. These can often be ones that require much more social interaction and understanding of people. I know plenty of intelligent people with bloody good jobs but they wouldn't have a clue how to approach a person in public. It's certainly long overdue that we recognise skillets across all sectors. Everyone has value and hopefully the pandemic has opened a few of the more ignorant "Jacks" to this.

As we grow further into an age of digitisation and automation, it will likely come even more important as to retaining functional social skillset behaviour and attitudes in public. It won't be long before many things are done for us; do we really want our social conversations and public debate to be automated too?

I note that you refer to law graduates and you may have caught a bite.  I understand that so called 'soft skills' are very important in the legal sector/profession, as they are in most other service industries.

I should add that I went to university with a number of law students. They were very well rounded individuals in my experience.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7241 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 23:07:38 »

I note that you refer to law graduates and you may have caught a bite.  I understand that so called 'soft skills' are very important in the legal sector/profession, as they are in most other service industries.

I should add that I went to university with a number of law students. They were very well rounded individuals in my experience.

It wasn't directed toward yourself (or anyone on here in particular), purely an example. I have a best friend who studied law, yet hates people and also a relative who is a clinical lead psychiatrist yet possess practically zero social skills. I am aware that people can be unsociable from all areas of society though Smiley

Did you find what you was looking for in the "Court Cases" thread?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 23:10:22 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7242 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 23:37:20 »

It wasn't directed toward yourself (or anyone on here in particular), purely an example. I have a best friend who studied law, yet hates people and also a relative who is a clinical lead psychiatrist yet possess practically zero social skills. I am aware that people can be unsociable from all areas of society though Smiley

Did you find what you was looking for in the "Court Cases" thread?

Noted.  I am aware of the need to practice 'thread discipline' and will pick up the court cases point separately.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7243 on: Thursday, February 4, 2021, 10:26:24 »

Had the Astra Zeneca jab yesterday evening, I flue finn sew fraarrrr....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7244 on: Thursday, February 4, 2021, 10:44:01 »

Had the Astra Zeneca jab yesterday evening, I flue finn sew fraarrrr....

Does it just say 'Installing Windows Updates' in your eyes now?
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: