Pages: 1 ... 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214311 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6825 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:09:53 »

Set against that, the affects are still worse in the old: "Even though more young people have been infected, hospital admissions and deaths involving the coronavirus (COVID-19) are highest among those aged over 65 years."

Just to build on that, a colleague of mines 18 year old lad (decent rugby player, heavy gym user, fit and healthy kid) had it (asymptomatic would never have known he had it if he had not taken a test as a friend tested positive who he saw for a couple of mins and that was it, they actually suspect he caught it at the gym from someone else), subsequently he is permanently shattered and having to have loads of tests MRI's etc to try and see if its affected his heart.

Even asymptomatic it can fuck you up however old you are.  
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6826 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:10:25 »

Yes and gloated that she had "got out" the day before whichever set of restrictions it was that would have prevented her from doing so. Then spent the rest of Christmas berating scientists and the NHS from the pool side at her luxury hotel

Hopefully they don't let the mouthy bint back in the country.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6827 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:11:14 »

Yes and gloated that she had "got out" the day before whichever set of restrictions it was that would have prevented her from doing so. Then spent the rest of Christmas berating scientists and the NHS from the pool side at her luxury hotel

Everyone at it, the holiday cottages round here were all occupied over Christmas and New Year!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6828 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:13:21 »

Quote from: tans
Well well well

Piers Morgan broke government guidance by travelling to Antigua over the Christmas period, despite living in a high tier area

he went to Antigua in August

he caused outrage by posting a shot from a London Italian deli and teaching it as in Italy.

if he's really gone to Antigua again then.. well.. fucking hell
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6829 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:14:59 »

Just to build on that, a colleague of mines 18 year old lad (decent rugby player, heavy gym user, fit and healthy kid) had it (asymptomatic would never have known he had it if he had not taken a test as a friend tested positive who he saw for a couple of mins and that was it, they actually suspect he caught it at the gym from someone else), subsequently he is permanently shattered and having to have loads of tests MRI's etc to try and see if its affected his heart.

I've always been wary about any potential long-term effects of Covid, as well as not spreading it to vulnerable people etc. Yes, it may be a minor inconvenience for a few days for the young and healthy, but who knows how it might effect your body long term, for all anyone knows your lungs could explode 3 years after you have Covid, or your face could morph into that of Katie Hopkins 1000 days after you initially get the virus.

I really really hope those being so blase about it, don't end up paying a price.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6830 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:17:41 »

This is a really important aspect that keeps being overlooked. It's being treated as if it's a binary die/survive outcome for those who get it when actually there's a significant proportion of people who are suffering serious long term problems after "recovering" from COVID itself. That's aside from the poor buggers suffering with Long COVID (people who have COVID for months on end)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6831 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:59:27 »

Source? Not disputing, just interested.

More children infected in the children's ward than last time. Could be the new varient, but like others have said it is have a toll on everyone.

I personally believe that the 'original' also infected younger ones but less were tested.

Who actually knows?! We are all reliant on data.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6832 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 17:09:04 »

I personally believe that the 'original' also infected younger ones but less were tested.
No, the %age of positive tests among those tested is also higher according to ONS (see my post on page before this one for the link)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #6833 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 18:31:26 »

The hospital I work at has shown that this time around is proving to be the busiest we have ever been.
We have an 18 bedded isolation area within ED which is constantly in use.
Some having to stay within this area for over 24hrs. Which as you all know is way past the 4 hourly target that we are set. Wait times have gone up as the acuity of patients requiring to stay is hospital has just blown up exponentially. 

Ambulances queuing outside just to offload patients into this area is a daily occurrence. At 8am this morning we had 3 Ambulances waiting. As of 5pm we had 7. longest wait time being 3 hours.

Everyday the managers are fighting to generate beds. Have rapid swabs sent and completed.

The battle through A&E this time is just horrendous. The sooner we face a full scale lockdown the better. We need to try and get on top of this and we're failing drastically.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6834 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 19:58:50 »

Ahhh.

* FB_IMG_1609790356597.jpg (21.07 KB, 539x960 - viewed 76 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6835 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 20:09:04 »

He said the end is in sight

Toffee apple headed cunt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6836 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 20:10:02 »

fucking hell.

schools closed from tomorrow until after Feb half term. 12 hours before the gates open.

Incredible given yesterday 'schools were safe'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6837 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 20:18:39 »

I've got my car mot booked for Saturday  Huh?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6838 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 20:20:00 »

Very good thread on why we need not just a lockdown but a properly targeted lockdown, with proper support for key workers, esp if they need to isolate

https://twitter.com/ScienceShared/status/1346181551697092608

We won't get one of course, but this is the kind of thinking we need if we are to avoid what now looks like an inevitable death toll of over 100,000

A working track and trace system is also essential to containing the virus, but we won't get one of those either. Only wasted £12bn on corrupt contracts instead.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 4, 2021, 20:29:52 by pauld » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #6839 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 20:32:16 »

I've got my car mot booked for Saturday  Huh?
I've got one tomorrow  .!!!!!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: