Pages: 1 ... 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214301 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5175 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 16:37:43 »

that was interesting Horlock.

I do desolately want a working vaccine, but I also worry it will be rushed through.

But then, I know nothing of the real risks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5176 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:24:52 »

The oxford one is synthetic isn’t it? So doesn’t use actual coronavirus (like a typical vaccine would) but instead manufactures a benign virus to look like covid and trigger your bodies response?

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5177 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:34:11 »

The oxford one is synthetic isn’t it? So doesn’t use actual coronavirus (like a typical vaccine would) but instead manufactures a benign virus to look like covid and trigger your bodies response?
Not quite. It's not synthetic but it uses a chimp virus as a basis rather than a human one:

"In the case of Covid-19, Gilbert has taken a chimpanzee adenovirus (a common cold virus) and inserted genetic material from the surface spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus as a way of tricking the immune system to fight back. The chimp adenovirus platform stimulates both antibodies and high levels of killer T-cells, a type of white blood cell that helps the immune system destroy infection."

(from the Bloomberg article Horlock referenced. It is indeed an interesting read)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5178 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 18:11:43 »

Supposed to be starting a build on the 26th of this month for 6 weeks of gigs and events at Bristol Filton Airfield which I managing.  But...

Live Nation From The Drive In:-
The Live From The Drive In concert series will no longer proceed as planned this summer. We received huge support from artists, the live music production contractors, our headline sponsor Utilita along with our other partners, and of course you, the fans. However the latest developments regarding localised lockdowns mean it has become impossible for us to continue with the series with any confidence.
We thank everyone for their support and eagerly await a time when we can watch live music together again. Full refunds will be issued directly to all ticket holders within the next 7 days.

I put this here as its not a trivial thing thats annoyed me, its a whole lot less than bloody trivial.  Im pretty furious.  The lack of early lockdown, the fucked up laissez faire attitude which is clearly an attempt at herd immunity and in general fucking appalling way this shower of cunts have handled this crisis means I know have to hope that some work might happen at some point.  At least 45k dead and the economy down the pan.  This government is a disaster.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5179 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 18:50:00 »

ah fuck man, sorry to read that
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5180 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 07:46:16 »

That's really shit Saxondale, hope you find something else soon
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5181 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:02:45 »

Fucking hell. The state of the business secretary failing to understand the rules on face masks in coffee shops on Sky this morning. And then they wonder why "the public" don't understand the rules and talk about "using common sense". Clear as mud and thick as pigshit

https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1283673408564334592
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5182 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:12:50 »

We are gifted with the least intelligent least qualified least imaginative least inventive least empathetic government in a time when we need all of those qualities.

A bunch of fuckwits led by a charlatan ex journalist who only qualified to be a journalist through mates advised by someone living out their teenage dreams of being edgy and dangerous who doesn't give a shit about reality.

Thanks PD and Batch for your sympathy.  Believe it or not I am still furious!

Never knowingly overstated.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #5183 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:22:11 »

.......The lack of early lockdown, the fucked up laissez faire attitude which is clearly an attempt at herd immunity and in general fucking appalling way this shower of cunts have handled this crisis.........

Herd immunity strategy, or by deliberately not keeping a lid on Covid means a handy excuse for potential 'No Deal' economic meltdown.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5184 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:22:52 »

...and you have every right to be, Sax.

It's shite news that was (...and I'm not interested in a politcal debate) absolutely preventable.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5185 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:24:12 »

Fucking hell. The state of the business secretary failing to understand the rules on face masks in coffee shops on Sky this morning. And then they wonder why "the public" don't understand the rules and talk about "using common sense". Clear as mud and thick as pigshit

https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1283673408564334592

Imagine he was following the lead of the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, who stated that "basic good manners" to wear a face mask in shops...and he trusted the "common sense" of the British people.

https://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53381000

And then two days later was photographed...

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5186 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:28:54 »

We are gifted with the least intelligent least qualified least imaginative least inventive least empathetic government in a time when we need all of those qualities.

A bunch of fuckwits led by a charlatan ex journalist who only qualified to be a journalist through mates advised by someone living out their teenage dreams of being edgy and dangerous who doesn't give a shit about reality.

So you fucking should be, its been a complete lottery as to who has been badly affected and who hasn't, so frankly There but for the grace of God... (not that I am remotely religious!)

I read something the other day that suggested that the main reason its been such a shit show is that they never expected the British public to adhere to lockdown as well as they did, as they assumed that people would ignore it and be as selfish as they are, makes sense when you consider the backgrounds of those leading the charge, Bullingdon, Goves well reported habits etc. Thus when Cummings went for his eye test etc they didn't expect the public outcry.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5187 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:37:00 »

She's got a point, they seem a sane bunch these anti-maskers....

https://twitter.com/Imagineyourmum/status/1279867945167052805?s=20

https://twitter.com/Imagineyourmum/status/1282059398991482882?s=20
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:39:01 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5188 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 10:34:51 »

Not surprised, I'd be incandescant in your shoes. You've had your living ripped out from under you thru no fault of your own and solely due to the incompetence of others. Again, hope you find something soon.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5189 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:11:50 »

Supposed to be starting a build on the 26th of this month for 6 weeks of gigs and events at Bristol Filton Airfield which I managing.  But...

Live Nation From The Drive In:-
The Live From The Drive In concert series will no longer proceed as planned this summer. We received huge support from artists, the live music production contractors, our headline sponsor Utilita along with our other partners, and of course you, the fans. However the latest developments regarding localised lockdowns mean it has become impossible for us to continue with the series with any confidence.
We thank everyone for their support and eagerly await a time when we can watch live music together again. Full refunds will be issued directly to all ticket holders within the next 7 days.

I put this here as its not a trivial thing thats annoyed me, its a whole lot less than bloody trivial.  Im pretty furious.  The lack of early lockdown, the fucked up laissez faire attitude which is clearly an attempt at herd immunity and in general fucking appalling way this shower of cunts have handled this crisis means I know have to hope that some work might happen at some point.  At least 45k dead and the economy down the pan.  This government is a disaster.

Really sad to read that Sax, can completly understand you being frustrated and angry. I hope that things get considerably better for you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: