Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1213569 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4020 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:52:30 »

I agree that the clap for Carers is getting a bit over board, but Marcus Jerome you are a cunt.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18477204.clap-carers-end-thursday-night-say-adver-readers/

It should definitely stop. It’s not fair on pets and there are idiots letting fireworks off weekly.

“They are being rewarded enough with a pay rise, priority shopping, food donations at hospitals etc, discounts from most online retailers.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4021 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:58:18 »

We're getting a payrise? Shit hot!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4022 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:02:08 »

We're getting a payrise? Shit hot!

That’s what the wife said!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4023 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:10:37 »

I doubt this will actually happen to the extent it should, the problem with free markets is they don't tend to actually be that free, but it would be good for the world to reassess the relative value of things.

Clearly this has shown we are at the mercy of Emergency Responders when the crunch really comes.  It also shows us roles that ave next to no real value, like a Bus Driver, are actually pretty important to sustain "our way of life".  On the the hand, with a little hardship, we can get by without watching people being paid 500k a week running around kicking a ball, repeating the same cycle every year.  And even when they do, it's actually fans at games that make it fun to watch, not the players!

This is on top of potential societal changes, like shaking hands, or the more recent trend of hugging everyone when you meet them.  Or more serious aspects, like the pointless commute to an office job that can adequately be performed in your pants at home.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4024 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:11:43 »

I agree that the clap for Carers is getting a bit over board, but Marcus Jerome you are a cunt.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18477204.clap-carers-end-thursday-night-say-adver-readers/

Yeah, they're only putting their health and lives on the line to stop a global pandemic, whinging fuckers. Jesus. Some people.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4025 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:12:24 »

Is that Arriba?  Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4026 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:15:26 »

I agree that people don't need to be letting off fireworks. For one, each evening has been getting lighter since lockdown so the fireworks really are pointless in broad day/evening light.

We're already in astronomical twilight so it doesn't even technically get "dark" but it's pointless trying to tell some tanked up pisshead with a couple of Blazing Stars under one arm and a case of Strongbow Dark Fruits under the other. May have a Staffie/Pitbull cross in tow too. Called Snuffer or some other "look at me I'm hard" shitty name.

Berni. Hope all goes well. Good to see Normy fit and well (even if a tad scary in that snood get up). I wish none of you here get it or at least if you do - that you recover fully. This applies to the trolls too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4027 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 16:45:56 »

WHO expert reckons UK will be back to normal by August!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4028 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 17:26:19 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
WHO expert reckons UK will be back to normal by August!

that would be quite something
REDBUCK

« Reply #4029 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 17:29:06 »

I'm all good, if I have it and this is as bad as it gets for me I will take it, knowing what I could have had to deal with..

Annoying itchy cough and torso and neck aching is a small price to pay in comparison.

Looks like you'll be on the new Track and trace manual process if you test positive, good luck with it all  - All the best
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #4030 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 17:56:30 »

New test centre in Swindon, not sure what happens to the one at the CG though?  It will be here for 6 months and can do up to 2,000 tests a day

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18478747.new-coronavirus-test-centre-will-wroughton-park-ride/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4031 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 18:30:32 »

that would be quite something
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-britain-will-be-virtually-back-to-normal-by-august-says-ex-who-expert-11995654
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4032 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 18:43:35 »

Here he is back in March, so he is stretching his initial assessment, and the tone of his March musings would not suggest a 60k death toll in the UK, or 100k+ in USA or what is beginning in Brazil:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8113349/KAROL-SIKORA-Panic-fear-contagious-virus-theyll-kill-people.html

It was all just going to be OK once it was gone by the end of June.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 18:47:28 by RobertT » Logged
normy

Ignore
« Reply #4033 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 18:45:13 »

Been showing some symptons since Monday so after isolating since then I finally registered for the test and have just returned from Carterton (because the CG is not testing today, although I was originally booked in there).

Apart from being turned away from the CG this morning, I was very impressed with the registration process and the army boys and girls down at Carterton were very clear and concise with their instructions.

Should get the result in the next 48hrs..  as my symptons are not as severe as I know they could be I am hoping for a positive test result so that (potentially) i could be immune..  My view is that since I am a few days into isolation already I might as well get it over and done with..

My very best wishes Berniman.  I hope your symptoms are no worse than mine were, and you make a quick full recovery.

ust be the oldest
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #4034 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 19:05:56 »

It could also be mixing with hayfever as the pollen is high this week

fucking right this week - but please, please keep it in the hayfever thread
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: