Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214223 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3975 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 23:09:53 »

That would make sense. A lot more sense than the daily mail suddenly becoming ethical.
The Mail's about-turn may also be related to their own polling: that's not just Tory core support, it's their readership. Maybe they've cottoned on that even their readers are so fucked off by this that Cummings is beyond saving- best to be seen to be campaigning on the right side (aka sticking the boot in) than risk losing readers from an already dwindling base

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3976 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 23:32:48 »

ANPR data breach...

* 2b63ead4-d280-4345-83cf-a7c21d305d24 (1).gif (938.98 KB, 262x147 - viewed 332 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3977 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 06:25:14 »

The Mail's about-turn may also be related to their own polling: that's not just Tory core support, it's their readership. Maybe they've cottoned on that even their readers are so fucked off by this that Cummings is beyond saving- best to be seen to be campaigning on the right side (aka sticking the boot in) than risk losing readers from an already dwindling base

More straw clutch.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3978 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 06:40:30 »

Getting bored now with all of this shit,  for fucks sake is there nothing in the football world to talk about ?, after all surely that's why we all joined this forum.  Seems as almost every thread these days revert to politics.  Rant Over.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3979 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 07:41:03 »

More straw clutch.

Yeah, you’re not supposed to quote the daily mail on this site

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3980 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 07:57:54 »

Getting bored now with all of this shit,  for fucks sake is there nothing in the football world to talk about ?, after all surely that's why we all joined this forum.  Seems as almost every thread these days revert to politics.  Rant Over.

Mate, this is the coronavirus thread Wink

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3981 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:11:58 »

HS2 connections to Scotland for example would almost certainly be scrapped.

The union will be well gone (As will you, I and probably our great grand kids) before anything like this comes to pass.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3982 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:13:45 »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1287249/keir-starmer-dominic-Cummings-latest-Labour-MPs-news-coronavirus

Are you all calling for these Labour MP's to be sacked, they have actually broken the rules.

Rather different sacking an elected member against a *checks notes* unelected advisor.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3983 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:17:57 »

Rather different sacking an elected member against a *checks notes* unelected advisor.
They could still have the whip withdrawn. Have they even been disciplined by Labour?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3984 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:24:45 »

What has Boris/Cummings done to get on the wrong side of the daily mail?

I don't believe for one moment that they're turning because they think it's actually the 'right' thing to do. It's never seemed to bother then in the past. I reckon there's something else going on behind the scenes there.

Couple of things with the Mail, firstly as noted elsewhere Gove is their man, although Gove will need to at some point flip on Cummings as at the moment he is tarnished as anyone after his dreadful interviews yesterday.

The other thing is that populist papers like the Mail print what they know their readers want to read, thus they have sensed a shift in their leadership and their reporting is reflecting it, this should probably be the greater concern to the government as if they lose the Mail readers its only really going to leave the nutjobs reading the express.

I am getting a little pissed off with the blame the media narrative that is being spread, much of the grottyness of the present media has been exacerbated both by the sectarian nonsense which has been created by Cummings and alike during Brexit, see traitors of the people etc etc, likewise we have a media emboldened by the shelving of Leveson 2 again at the bequest of the Tory party.

This country descended into unpleasant sectarian lines from about 2014 onwards, again greatly exacerbated by the actions of one D Cummings which made spreading lies and disinformation, stoking aggression and intolerance mainstream and apparently acceptable, you reap what you sow sunshine.

One small positive that could emerge from this whole sorry saga, and the wider C-19 issue, is the acceleration of the decline of the unpleasant nationalism which has gripped certain parts of the electorate, populist governments through history tend to only last so long before their supporters realise that they do not give one jot for them and turn against them, at the present this process seems to be rapidly accelerating in England.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:28:08 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3985 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:25:44 »

They could still have the whip withdrawn. Have they even been disciplined by Labour?

No idea, has google not reached Swindon yet?  Wink Wink Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3986 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:30:58 »

No idea, has google not reached Swindon yet?  Wink Wink Cheesy
Cheesy What is this "google" of which you speak?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3987 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:35:31 »

Getting bored now with all of this shit,  for fucks sake is there nothing in the football world to talk about ?, after all surely that's why we all joined this forum.
I dunno, but as a wild idea, maybe try one of the many football-related threads?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3988 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:38:20 »

Mate, this is the coronavirus thread Wink

It really isn't
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3989 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 08:40:28 »

I am getting a little pissed off with the blame the media narrative that is being spread,

Yeah, but whatabout John Smith, I saw him walk for 62 minutes in his 60 minute lockdown excercise. You aren't calling for him to be sacked are you. Hypocrites.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: