Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214243 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3840 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:09:41 »

Ahhh, no one told me that the lock down had been lifted. Better get me speedos out.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3841 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:11:42 »

I have absolutely no idea why anyone cares about a kid having a piss at the side of the road, if there’s one scenario where you are certain to not come within 2m of anyone then this is that time
Think that it's more about using service stations,  not pissing on the side of the road.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3842 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:12:09 »

he did something that he thought was right for his familu

Indeed, rightly or wrongly (wrongly IMO). I dislike him greatly from a political perspective but I’m not going to burn him at the stake to score political points when I believe he thought he was doing what was best for his family at that time.
Flashheart

« Reply #3843 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:14:08 »

for those wondering- I'm responding not because I think he was right or wrong its because I wasnt in his situation to make that decision so I couldn't say whether it was or not.

family and health issues are at the core of his behaviour here. if this chap went off for a holiday or to see family just because he missed them then it's a very different story. this makes no difference to me.

kyle Walker has broke lockdown 3 times and to see hookers etc. he is a bell end mean while

Do you honestly believe his story about the eye test?

Really?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3844 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:14:14 »

Did he go on a weekend jolly to his 2nd home or invite his mistress in for a quickie?

It wasn't a clear cut case like the two above, if people use it as an excuse to not follow the guidance then they are idiots.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3845 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:15:37 »

The main issue is he went against government advice to do something that thousands of other people in similar situation were told not to do, and hasn’t apologised for it. His ‘exceptional circumstance’ is decidedly unexceptional by definition.

Refuelling, stopping for a piss etc is just noise. The hour long drive is dodgy and probably needs more investigation but of itself still isn’t the issue

Even if it’s not some great conspiracy, and Cummings and his family were genuinely ill at the time - they still acted in a manner that the rest of the country were told not too, by his government. And he’s not apologised for that, or even backed down. That’s the issue, that’s the point of concern and anger. It shows a severe lack of empathy for the population

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3846 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:16:09 »

Indeed, rightly or wrongly (wrongly IMO). I dislike him greatly from a political perspective but I’m not going to burn him at the stake to score political points when I believe he thought he was doing what was best for his family at that time.
He didn't though. He's lying. He didn't need to go to Durham in the first place, even assuming he's telling the truth about how ill he and his wife were, her sister lives a few miles away.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3847 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:16:13 »

Think that it's more about using service stations,  not pissing on the side of the road.

He said he didn't use one on the way up but filled up on the way back down (post day 14 of the symptoms)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3848 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:16:27 »

who fucked with corona. is him not telling boris the main issue or are you nit picking?

Who do you think has been advising Borris
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:23:29 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3849 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:17:22 »

The main issue is he went against government advice to do something that thousands of other people in similar situation were told not to do, and hasn’t apologised for it. His ‘exceptional circumstance’ is decidedly unexceptional by definition.

Refuelling, stopping for a piss etc is just noise. The hour long drive is dodgy and probably needs more investigation but of itself still isn’t the issue

Even if it’s not some great conspiracy, and Cummings and his family were genuinely ill at the time - they still acted in a manner that the rest of the country were told not too, by his government. And he’s not apologised for that, or even backed down. That’s the issue, that’s the point of concern and anger. It shows a severe lack of empathy for the population
Quite so. And the press conference today shows the level of contempt they hold for the rest of us. They genuinely think we're a bunch of fucking idiots that will swallow that.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3850 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:19:26 »

he isnt going to say sorry for breaking rules when as everyone as said all along these guidelines are all up for interpretation. he did something you didnt agree with. fair enough
he did something that he thought was right for his familu

Bollocks were the guidlines "all up for interpretation". This was back in April when it was full lockdown, get stopped and fined by the police. People not seeing dying loved ones. People not seeing elderly relatives. Parents who work front line jobs making difficult decisions on seeing kids that might not live with them.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3851 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:19:40 »

I know that. but as a parent you make the best decision for you and your situation. he believed what he was doing was the right thing for his childs care.

If you believe that he travelled to Durham to safeguard his son - fine.  I disagree but fine.

But to then justify the 60 minute round trip to Barnard Castle just sounds like you'd defend absolutely anything.  If he genuinely felt he might not be able to drive and needed a practice because his eyesight was "dodgy", why the ACTUAL FUCK would you do that practice drive with your wife and son?  You'd do it alone if you truly cared about safeguarding your son.

That was when we were on full lockdown.  Driving 30 minutes, getting out of your car and having a little walk was NOT an essential journey. It's not a breach of the guidelines, it's a breach of the law.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3852 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:20:11 »

Who do you has been advising Borris
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3853 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:21:24 »

The guy with the airhorn or whatever it was was pretty ace.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3854 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 17:21:41 »

He didn't though. He's lying. He didn't need to go to Durham in the first place, even assuming he's telling the truth about how ill he and his wife were, her sister lives a few miles away.

That’s a question that i don’t believe has been asked by the media, i may be wrong.

There could be a perfectly valid reason the sister couldn’t look after the kid, there might not be, who knows

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: