Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214461 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #3060 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:36:39 »

I despise the tories, and I think they've done poorly overall, but they did the right thing in opening those hospitals. Regardless of whether or not they were all used. There's plenty of other sticks to hit them with so there's no reason to choose something so weak.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3061 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:45:09 »

Boris Johnson asking European countries to pull together.

BBC: Boris Johnson to ask European countries to Pull Together for Vaccine

Honestly don't know where to start with that.  Wouldn't an all-British, red, white & blue vaccine be better?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3062 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:51:11 »

Some fucking idiots still ignoring guidelines on social distancing

DOF

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3063 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:52:49 »

I despise the tories, and I think they've done poorly overall, but they did the right thing in opening those hospitals. Regardless of whether or not they were all used. There's plenty of other sticks to hit them with so there's no reason to choose something so weak.
Yes they did, I agree it's one of the few things they've got right. But why weren't they used to treat the sick from care homes? Instead it seems that people were just left to die in care homes and spread the virus to others. When they could have been isolated and treated in the Nightingale hospitals.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #3064 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:53:53 »

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

I find this info really quite extraordinary  

Bathtime
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3065 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:07:56 »

It's a striking decline, that's for sure.  Sounds as if the main battle now is in the care homes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3066 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:16:16 »

It's a striking decline, that's for sure.  Sounds as if the main battle now is in the care homes.
Think it has been for a few weeks. Which makes it all the odder that they haven't used the Nightingale hospitals to relieve pressure on the care homes.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3067 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:16:55 »

Boris Johnson asking European countries to pull together.

BBC: Boris Johnson to ask European countries to Pull Together for Vaccine

Honestly don't know where to start with that.  Wouldn't an all-British, red, white & blue vaccine be better?

Up there with us being told a few years back that we could not control or shut our borders unless we left the EU, then somewhat peculiarly us ending up, under the same snake oil salesmen who told us this, being one of the very few countries not to shut our borders re the coronavirus!

Yes they did, I agree it's one of the few things they've got right. But why weren't they used to treat the sick from care homes? Instead it seems that people were just left to die in care homes and spread the virus to others. When they could have been isolated and treated in the Nightingale hospitals.

Because in the big scheme of things its pretty easy to build a temporary hospital, however, if you don't have the staff to work in them its all rather pointless. Yes they could have moved them to the Nightingale Hospitals but they would have had to care for themselves.

Looking at the online thingy, we have had 12 deaths in our little bit of rural Cumbria (about 3 sparsely populated parishes), loads of care home round here, I dread to think what's going on.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3068 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:50:26 »

First day of lockdown restrictions being lifted. Popped into town, few shops open, plenty of people though - some bemasked others (me) sans-mask.

Lopped a load of branches off a fig tree this afternoon - prolific growers them. Government here say they’ll bring forward the opening of bars/restaurants by a week. Dread to think how many won’t open because it may be uneconomic to do so if they have to abide by any social distancing rules.

Our neighbours run a lovely taverna right by the port, the most fantastic view - they’re not opening.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3069 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 17:38:14 »

I pretty much do the same walk every day at roughly the same time. You’d have thought it was the UK that’d come out of lockdown today. The most vehicles I’ve seen on Queens Drive so far. And just lots more people about including several groups (5+) of teenagers on bikes not giving a shit about riding on pavements straight at people.

Hope we’re not going to start to get complacent.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3070 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 17:45:47 »

Teenagers in ignorant twats shocker.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #3071 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 18:18:26 »

Not quite sure about the Isle of Wight experiment, but there must be method behind it (he says hopefully)
But don’t most of its’ inhabitants use Morse Code still?

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3072 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 23:37:45 »

Just read that the government are now paying the wages of 23% of employed people in Britain,  some 6.3 million. Got me thinking, so only 27m out of 66m in the UK are employed. I believe there are roughly 5m self employed so 34m are either retired, too young to work or out of work. That's over 50% of the population, surely that's not correct?
Valid Pint

« Reply #3073 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 02:43:00 »

Percentages throw up surprising figures, especially when used on very large numbers like millions. Check out the E U referendum result.

Is any other country doing as much as the UK to maintain financial normality for the masses?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #3074 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 05:37:05 »

Teenagers in ignorant twats shocker.
In my experience, the rudest and most ignorant people in lockdown have been couples over 40. Won't make an effort to keep distance on walks, don't acknowledge when we walk in the road to make space, going to the supermarket in pairs... the kids I've encountered have been polite and all too keen to help stay 2m apart.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: