Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214240 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2745 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 16:34:42 »

They won't know what they are to be able to.
Many people have died and but never got tested for a diagnosis so it will be pure guesswork. Well intentioned or not.

In all fairness, that's pretty standard protocol for this type of incident.  You can confirm a certain % of deaths but then you use statistical analysis on a larger number.  Usually by identifying significant variation from usual rates of death.  Something like this virus will directly kill people, but the fact it is happening and diverting resources from Healthcare will indirectly cause deaths as well.  On the flip side, other causes of death will likely fall a people avoid activities that could have created risks - like car accidents for example.  All countries will go back and re-assess after the fact.

In this case, the one they can do something about is Care Homes, not least because it should have set alarm bells off about a specific course of action being needed.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #2746 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 16:37:37 »

Hancock said that it was not a political decision about the EU scheme, and he personally signed up to it, but no kit has yet been delivered anywhere,

ust be the oldest
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2747 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 16:47:43 »

Ditto the UK.
Not deliberately or to the extent of a communist propaganda machine, some estimates have China under reporting by a factor of 40.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2748 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 16:52:30 »

Hancock said that it was not a political decision about the EU scheme, and he personally signed up to it, but no kit has yet been delivered anywhere,
Sorry, but if it's a straight choice between Hancock who has already repeatedly lied and misled throughout this crisis, or the Permanent UnderSec of the FO, who has no axe to grind, and who TBF did try to dodge answering the question so wasn't trying to drop the govt in it, I'm afraid Hancock isn't getting my vote.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2749 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 17:00:07 »

Not deliberately or to the extent of a communist propaganda machine, some estimates have China under reporting by a factor of 40.
Have to agree here, can't compare the two, but arriba does have a point that the UK govt, by focussing solely on deaths in hospital, has been consistently under-reporting the true death rate. With the official hospital death figure now over 17,000, which is appalling enough in itself, we are likely well over 20,000 dead now once deaths in care homes and in the community (aka people dying alone in their beds) are taken into account. We may well have the highest death count in Europe, an appalling indictment of how badly the govt has mishandled this.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2750 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 17:27:59 »

Blimey Paul your post count saying the same thing must be nearly 1000.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2751 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 17:55:41 »

Perhaps we can have some new threads on other topics which might promote more diverse and varied debate.

Nothing to see here
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2752 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 18:43:04 »

Blimey Paul your post count saying the same thing must be nearly 1000.
I doubt his hard on has softened since the Times article went live! I bet Mrs D can’t believe her luck.

It’s a shame to see this thread descend in to the constant drivel that consumed the politics thread for months (which strangely went quiet after 12th December, funny that!).

I hope all TEF’rs are keeping well!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2753 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 19:29:19 »

I doubt his hard on has softened since the Times article went live! I bet Mrs D can’t believe her luck.
You keep casting these kinds of post in terms of my hard ons. Either you have a strange obsession with my erections or else your own is causing you problems? Either way, suggest you seek the help you clearly need. Stay safe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2754 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 19:45:18 »

Cheesy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2755 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 22:35:31 »

DFE laptops for disadvantaged kids. Great idea. Laptops they want= 500.000. Laptops in stock in the country Slightly less than 5000. Chance of getting any in the next 6 months =0. Watch people dis associate themselves with that fast. I dont like to do political stuff but I'm going to get real busy fending people off because of stupidity.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2756 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 05:55:49 »

I heard that schools are to get grants to assist with distance learning. Teams and Google Classroom could be used. Think the government want more teacher/student interaction. Announcement on Friday.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2757 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 06:21:22 »

You keep casting these kinds of post in terms of my hard ons. Either you have a strange obsession with my erections or else your own is causing you problems? Either way, suggest you seek the help you clearly need. Stay safe.

He is trying to get a rise out of you

I come from a land down-under
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2758 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 06:38:00 »

DFE laptops for disadvantaged kids. Great idea. Laptops they want= 500.000. Laptops in stock in the country Slightly less than 5000. Chance of getting any in the next 6 months =0. Watch people dis associate themselves with that fast. I dont like to do political stuff but I'm going to get real busy fending people off because of stupidity.

Not sure what your occupation is, but I am finding it's hard to get laptops at decent prices and am struggling with iPads. Chromebooks on the other hand are easier albeit a bit longer to wait for delivery.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2759 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 07:53:45 »

Quote from: Sippo
I heard that schools are to get grants to assist with distance learning. Teams and Google Classroom could be used. Think the government want more teacher/student interaction. Announcement on Friday.

sounds silly enough to be true.

disadvantaged kids don't have the equipment, government can't supply it quick enough, but push on with it anyway.

and the are schools with a high number of disadvantaged children, even in swindon.

plus the Mrs and kids doing that from home I'd really going to knackering my COD ping.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: