Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214314 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2610 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 20:26:45 »

I've been waiting for the press to wake up.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2611 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 20:45:44 »

Pretty damning expose on Boris Johnson by that lefty rag, The Sunday Times:

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1251563504118771712

tldr: they allege Johnson skipped five Cobra meetings on coronavirus, calls to order protective gear were ignored and scientists’ warnings fell on deaf ears

This version gets around the pay wall:

http://archive.is/hBnH4

This is the most damning critique of failed leadership that I have read in a long time.

Ignore
« Reply #2612 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 21:03:58 »

Disgraceful, but not surprising is it?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2613 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 22:25:40 »

Disgraceful, but not surprising is it?

Nope.  Just glad it's been broken by the Sunday Times rather than the Guardian as far less easily dismissed.  Shame it wasn't the Daily Mail, some of Johnson's / the Government's more vociferous supporters might then actually read it.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2614 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 06:19:47 »

“Boris will be back next week to lead UK out of lockdown”
It’s headlines like these which are laughable, his ‘leadership’ thus far has been quite frankly appalling.
Now is not the time, but once this is over, he and his cabinet should have serious questions to answer about their mishandling of the situation

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2615 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 07:53:43 »

We're in this together.

Ignore
« Reply #2616 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 07:59:00 »

We're in this together.

Think we've heard this before somewhere Wink
Was bullshit then too
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2617 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 08:29:24 »

Think we've heard this before somewhere Wink
Was bullshit then too

Yep, you just had to look at all the panic buying and the covidiots milling around to see that.

Ignore
« Reply #2618 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 10:29:24 »

Yep, you just had to look at all the panic buying and the covidiots milling around to see that.

Can't argue with that. The government are still cunts though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2619 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 10:37:51 »

“Boris will be back next week to lead UK out of lockdown”
It’s headlines like these which are laughable, his ‘leadership’ thus far has been quite frankly appalling.
Now is not the time, but once this is over, he and his cabinet should have serious questions to answer about their mishandling of the situation
Boris will be back once the death rate starts to fall off so he can look like he's "leading" the curve out of peak death, they don't want "Brand Boris" tarnished by having to announce ever increasing deaths or answering awkward questions about failure to get PPE, testing etc
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2620 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 10:51:51 »

This is the most damning critique of failed leadership that I have read in a long time.
"And what you learn about Boris was he didn’t chair any meetings. He liked his country breaks. He didn’t work weekends. It was like working for an old-fashioned chief executive in a local authority 20 years ago. There was a real sense that he didn’t do urgent crisis planning. It was exactly like people feared he would be"

One of the key things that I don't think a lot of people have properly understood about Boris Johnson is how enormously lazy he is. Normally that would be problematic to say the least, in a time of national crisis, it's already cost thousands, and will possibly cost 10s of thousands, of lives
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2621 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 11:04:51 »

"And what you learn about Boris was he didn’t chair any meetings. He liked his country breaks. He didn’t work weekends. It was like working for an old-fashioned chief executive in a local authority 20 years ago. There was a real sense that he didn’t do urgent crisis planning. It was exactly like people feared he would be"

One of the key things that I don't think a lot of people have properly understood about Boris Johnson is how enormously lazy he is. Normally that would be problematic to say the least, in a time of national crisis, it's already cost thousands, and will possibly cost 10s of thousands, of lives

Sounds like the great leader across the pond who is ‘bored of watching baseball games from years ago’. How he has time to watch TV at a time like this is bizarre, the fact he is saying it in press conferences just smacks of arrogance.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2622 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 11:06:21 »

"We could have been Germany but instead we were doomed by our incompetence, our hubris and our austerity."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2623 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 11:09:11 »

Sounds like the great leader across the pond who is ‘bored of watching baseball games from years ago’. How he has time to watch TV at a time like this is bizarre, the fact he is saying it in press conferences just smacks of arrogance.
The parallels between the laziness, incompetence and arrogance that led both the UK and the US into this disaster are quite frightening. One of the few things my Tory-voting Mum has been able to cling to is "At least we're not as bad as Trump". Strip away the theatre, the bluster in press conferences, the Twitter diarrhoea and look at what the two countries have actually *done* (or rather failed to do) and it's very similar.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2624 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 11:12:14 »

On the other side of the coin I think the government have acted very well with financial help.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: