Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83870 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:21:12 »

I don't think Paolo sought to go public though. He was asked a question and he did what we all know he does (and what I respect him for) and gave a full and honest answer, without seeking to obfuscate or bullshit.

I also think the same is the case for Paul. He was aksed what his feelings were and he answered.

No one went running to the media.

What Paolo went on and said to the BBC was out of order. If what he said was factual or not it's irrelevant. You don't go on radio and slate players like that. A bit of class and confidentiality goes a long way.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:31:32 »

What Paolo went on and said to the BBC was out of order. If what he said was factual or not it's irrelevant. You don't go on radio and slate players like that. A bit of class and confidentiality goes a long way.

Don't you think that, as a fan, you have a right to know why your manager has replaced your captain?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:35:03 »

Of course, but don't go into detail, start bringing new born babies into it that may or may not be the problem. There's ways in which to do it.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:52:58 »

Considering the amount of unfounded speculation on here when they both did talk to the media about the situation, can you imagine what it would have been like if no-one had said a word? I reckon the TEF might have imploded under the weight of all the theories being offered. Although I do agree that it wasn't handled in the most sensitive of ways, as you say there are ways in which to do it.

It's undoubtedly a complex situation, made more complicated by the way it has been reported and reacted to, and I don't think it'll help my sanity to get bogged down in guessing who wants to leave, and who won't stand for what kind of behaviour.

I still hold out some hope that we can see Caddis in a town shirt again, I would be delighted if that were the case. If not then I'm sure there are good reasons - a great footballer playing for a club on the up is a bit like a marriage: it can be rocky but you don't give up on the relationship unless there's no coming back. I trust that PdC and Caddis know this and are grown up enough to make the best decision for all parties, even if we the fans never get to find out the nitty gritty details.

If he does go then I'll wish him all the best for the future, in both family and football, he served us very well during a time we really needed it, and that's not easily forgotten.

Either way our performance against Crawley proves that with or without him we should be up there with the strongest contenders for promotion again this year. Having been a town fan for around 20 years I know how rare that feeling is, I intend to enjoy it  Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:53:51 »

BREKKIN NOOOZ!

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9890378.Caddis_set_for_Birmingham_switch_/

"OUT-OF-FAVOUR Swindon right-back Paul Caddis is wanted by Birmingham City.

The Advertiser understands the Championship outfit want to take Town's former skipper to St Andrews on a loan deal.

Updates to follow."
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:57:51 »

Just saw this, Fair play to him.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:58:47 »

An important piece of this puzzle is put into place.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #697 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 11:59:32 »

Absolute cunt.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:00:58 »

I'm sure that Birmingham can afford our valuation instead of loaning him out.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:03:27 »

Just a thought...but if he were to do well for Birmingham, his valuation in a few months from now may well be higher than it is now.  A loan move could be a shrewd move.  We can't put PC on the Championship stage at the moment, but Birmingham can do that for us.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:05:54 »

I would've thought it would be on loan initially with a view to a permanent deal come January. Delighted for him if I'm honest, great player.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:06:26 »

It's gotta be a sale not a loan. Once caddis is in the last year of his contract we will be in a weak position to get a decent price.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:09:10 »

Well I saw how caddis coped against Wilf zaha of crystal palace and he tore him a new one.
Barry Scott

« Reply #703 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:10:48 »

Just a thought...but if he were to do well for Birmingham, his valuation in a few months from now may well be higher than it is now.  A loan move could be a shrewd move.  We can't put PC on the Championship stage at the moment, but Birmingham can do that for us.

Very true. I do wonder though whether this Brum news is part of the problem. Perhaps he'd already had his head turned?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:11:13 »

Send him away on loan to clear the air a bit, organise a fee later on if he still wants to move, just don't let him go for free if he really, REALLY has to go.

I'm really fucking pissed at this debacle, as I'm sure the majority of you are, and the worst thing is everyone's to blame a bit for this, Paolo, Caddis, Wray, the media, I suppose you could even suggest we're fuelling the fire on here (not that I am, but I understand if people feel that way).

I would normally trust Wray enough to not lose us one of our best assets for free, but this whole thing is so topsy turvy that I don't. I just hope it's over soon, and with a good outcome, or it's DEFINITELY going to go down in the Washbag's Hall of Shame, and the national media will crow about how foolish we were to appoint Di Canio, and what a silly little club we are to appoint an angry facist, like they've been waiting to ever since he took over.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: