Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Swindon Town Fans Getting Pissed On A Saturday Matchday Thread  (Read 14983 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 00:07:56 »

Benyon scored 14 goals for Torquay in League Two this season - we should be getting in a partner for him and then he'll be good for 20 goals. Can't understand why Bodin didn't play him as he's the only proven goal scorer we've got.

Benyon seems a bit of a crock so far. No doubting he can score at L2 level, but he's shown fuck all for us really since he arrived.

I wouldn't rely on him firing us out of L2 in a hurry.
deltaincline

« Reply #166 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 00:36:35 »

Deltaincline, how the hell has Prutton cost Wilson and Hart their jobs. The problem hasn't been him this season it's been the fucking woeful defending and the inability to score a fucking goal.

Wilson insisted on playing Prutton when he was clearly shit. If he ever even realised his mistake, it was too fucking late when he finally did, as the season was almost over and we brought Hart in to try and keep us up.

Hart also played the cont every opportunity he had.

I agree that a distinct lack of goals and some fucking woeful defending has played a massive part in this seasons relegation, but, the midfield has had a passenger all season in the shape of an over-confident Jesus look-a-like who looked like he was playing for us, but actually did fuck all.

Wilson should have shipped him out on loan a month after he arrived. Instead he persisted with him when the alarm bells were ringing about how shit he was. Wilson rightly paid the price with his job.

Hart thought he'd do a job for him and he made him ever-present during his spell with us. Again, count the performances and lack of senior player attitude from the bloke during the last 11 games. Hart got shown the door, coincidentally, with Prutton taking centre stage in his underperforming side.

The cont thinks he's a fucking legend in the game, when in fact he's just a bit shit, really.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 01:04:09 »

Benyon is not the answer IMO.  If we are relying on him to get 20 goals next season then we are pretty much fucked before we start.  Too ligohtweight, unfit and not goodenough to lace Andews boots IMO, and going on todays showing, that is saying something.

We need 2 (at least) decent strikers otherwise we might as well look at staying in the basement for a while.  Benyon at backup as best.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 07:57:47 »

i dont get the trollope this and that, IMO he aint worth a wank, we would be better off with zippy, the gas went into free fall when Lawerence left, fuck trollope Angry
Oh FFS not this again. Way too simplistic. Rather than retype, I'll quote what I said in the other thread:
As I've said elsewhere, Lawrence left around the same time the money did. Wovers got right in the shit financially (they still are) which was apparently one of the reasons he left (and why they later had to sell Lambert) leading to Trollope having to manage on fuck all resources. So you may well have it backwards - i.e. that the lack of money both did for Trollope and forced Lawrence out (cos they couldn't afford him or he bailed), rather than that Lawrence departing exposed Trollope as useless by himself. Seem to remember reading somewhere that Trollope's entire budget to strengthen his squad for this season (ie including additional wage expense as well as transfer fees) was low five figures and that was after they'd sold Lambert. A lot of managers would struggle under those conditions.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 08:00:35 »

Wilson insisted on playing Prutton when he was clearly shit. If he ever even realised his mistake, it was too fucking late when he finally did, as the season was almost over and we brought Hart in to try and keep us up.

Hart also played the cont every opportunity he had.

I agree that a distinct lack of goals and some fucking woeful defending has played a massive part in this seasons relegation, but, the midfield has had a passenger all season in the shape of an over-confident Jesus look-a-like who looked like he was playing for us, but actually did fuck all.

Wilson should have shipped him out on loan a month after he arrived. Instead he persisted with him when the alarm bells were ringing about how shit he was. Wilson rightly paid the price with his job.

Hart thought he'd do a job for him and he made him ever-present during his spell with us. Again, count the performances and lack of senior player attitude from the bloke during the last 11 games. Hart got shown the door, coincidentally, with Prutton taking centre stage in his underperforming side.

The cont thinks he's a fucking legend in the game, when in fact he's just a bit shit, really.
Oddly, I agree with delta on this. Wilson spent the first 2-3 months picking a side to try to accomodate Prutton, persisting in it long after he should have done. By the time he gave up, he'd lost the chance to really know what his best side was and then just started doing more or less random selections. Hart did the same (in insisting on accomodating Prutton). The lazy shit didn't put in a shift for either.

He was supposed to be the player who's acquisition would take us on to another level. I suppose he did that, just not in the right direction.
Spencer_White

« Reply #170 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 08:18:33 »

I thought while it was 0-0 Oldham comfortably outbattled us. They let us play a bit more after they took the lead. The whole Hoddle play it out from the back thing would cost us about 20 goals a season with Lescinel back there. It didnt work anyway, there wasnt enough movement off the ball, and after 30 minutes the players gave up with it.

Great to see Ferry back, thought Ritchie played well, battled really hard and gave the crowd their only real bit of entertainment. Everyone else pretty much went through the motions.

Number 1 priority over the summer a new goalkeeper? A decent keeper would have saved both goals.

Overrall a very boring game. Oldham wanted the points a lot more than us. Left 10 minutes before the end.

Season ticket finnished, thank fuck for that.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 08:41:58 »

That game just about summed up our season.

So glad it's nearly over, just got to hope the board get the appointment right as we desperatley need someone who can come in and re-build this club, as their are lot of problems on the field at the moment.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 08:42:07 »

What made me laugh yesterday, was when the 2nd goal went in someone tried to throw their season ticket book onto the pitch in disgust. Pretty pointless as it was the last home game of the season!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 08:45:40 »

Also, that gingerbread man was ace, fair play to the Oldham fans, looked like they had a good time.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 10:38:45 »

Well it just gets worse.

I was bouyed by the fact that Hart had been fucked off......but all to no avail.

I swear that if wins were for sale in a shop they would be sold out by the time we got there.

Overall i didnt feel we played that badly but Oldham had someone who could shoot reasonably straight and from distance...........we had grafter Andrew....cannot shoot straight and couldnt score from a yard out...

We had a score of corners but we could of had 2000 and still not scored...no threat at all.

Easy chances?? How many times did the ball fall loose and straight to an oldham shirt in th area?? I lost count.

We have had a decade of bad luck all in one season and i cannot wait to see the back of it....

Some players looked interested and some were going through the motions.

Cuthbert looked as if he was on holiday....(this includes Notts and Wednesday too)...hope he fucks off.

JFL did alright.....i reckon he shold push up into midfield...he can tackle and pass (especially from distance) and can also have a crack.

Prutton came on, didnt do much...

I would say 2/3rds of the fuckers should go....OB,Doss and now Sheehan gone already....lets hope a couple more go by the end of the week.

Misun will have had four different managers before he kicks a ball.....if he ever does!!?

Perhaps we can call up Tranmere and give them a 3-0 win....save us all alot of money and heartache.

I dont know who should get the managers job.....or who we need to sign up......strangely i felt the most dejected yesterday i have all season.  Only chatting to the Gingerbread man cheered me up.

Ws it really Sheff Weds the last home win??  Unreal...

Saw Fitton make a hasty exit.....i just said thanks for what he did....for once i was lost for words..

For all those going to Tranmere next week..i salute you.....i would rather drink acid...

Roll on next season......i would settle for mid table survival and a few wins right now...

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 11:16:32 »

Roll on next season......i would settle for mid table survival and a few wins right now...

Think that is realistic...this season we've fallen into such historic disarray, that it will take a bit of sorting out.  It is of course possible that a new season etc, will bring something better, but realistically we need to get back to the very basics of being able to compete in especially home games.

This will have to be done with the acquisition of more or less a whole squad of new players, and rump of players many of whom shouldn't be here, but doubtless no others will want them.

Last time we landed down there, we at least had a few players left like Roberts, Peacock and Ifil, who had a bit of spirit in them....and a youngster like Lukas, who was strong enough to step up to Div 4.

Going to be interesting.....
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 11:42:51 »

Oh yeah...

Got a nice Addidas T shirt for £15 odd.....its true value IMO.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 12:10:20 »

unfortunately despite everything this season I think expectation will be sky high next year.  the new man will be under pressure from the first game.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 12:20:55 »

Whoever the new manager is he faces a massive job.Some fans already seem to think we'll
be challenging before we've made those changes or the better players have decided to leave.

A sense of realism is needed and it may take a season or two to change the players and their
mentalities, before we regain our place back in L1.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:47:30 »

Hart also played the babe every opportunity he had.

The babe thinks he's a fucking legend in the game, when in fact he's just a bit shit, really.

I've heard it all now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: