Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Eastleigh Matchday Thread  (Read 39672 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:11:57 »

I've been thinking for a while now that the majority of these players would probably be thriving,

Some yes, but majority? Take last night. Players who would currently struggle to *regularily* get into a league 1 team (IMO):

No for me : Delf. Norris, Boo,  Branco, Rodgers,  Thomas, Jones
Possibles: Goddard, Murray,  Kasim (on average form no)
Definites in: Doughty, Vigs

All about opinions I suppose.
REDBUCK

« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:18:29 »

Yeah, it wasn't an easy chance to be fair, from memory the keeper came out and closed the angle. Certainly not up there with the shit 'no goal' header and air kick at their place.

But it was crucial.

The keeper did indeed narrow the angle much better than Vigs effort for their second goal.

Trouble with Norris is he only ever gets the odd chance so he has to convert everytime whether easy or difficult
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:19:50 »

Loyal supporter? I'm beginning to wonder... The Preston game really did knock me back.

I'm wondering whether last night's gate was the lowest ever at the CG for an FA cup game  Hmmm  the gate v Dagenham in 84/85 is listed as lower, but we know the unreliability of the published figures back then.

I recall not hanging around for the extra time that cold night.....the pub beckoned 10:30 closing back then.

So if not the lowest, then the second lowest in the last 110 years.  (no data for the previous 10)

As redjed points out, there is a feeling of early 80's atrophy hanging around atm, when it was the loyal 2000/3000 who kept the club going....if the club loses fans like you then it is well and truly fucked.

As Batch says "time to dig in."  It's fair enough to see if Sherwood can buy Power some time.
Panda Paws

« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:31:38 »

As Batch says "time to dig in."  It's fair enough to see if Sherwood can buy Power some time.

What do you mean "buy him some time"?

Sounds like last night was a shambles, but let's see where we are 6 games into TS's reign. Either last night was the blip, or Saturday was...

The mental strength point, crumbling after conceding, is a good one. Was mentioned on comms by Sky on Saturday too.

Stevens

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:33:04 »

Pathetic performance from Swindon.

But well played Eastleigh and good luck in the next round, thanks for letting us off a five goal hiding, it really should have been that many.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:42:07 »

What do you mean "buy him some time"?

Sounds like last night was a shambles, but let's see where we are 6 games into TS's reign. Either last night was the blip, or Saturday was...

The mental strength point, crumbling after conceding, is a good one. Was mentioned on comms by Sky on Saturday too.

Probably not great PR, to be off investing money in another club, when your club has just had a result of historic shitness, and looks like it needs a bit of tlc itself.

The atmosphere surrounding the club has possibility of turning toxic and uncomfortable for Power...let's hope that Sherwood can do something, as nobody wants to see it happen.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:43:46 »

We are very much a team low on confidence, the first goal is so important and at the moment we aren't scoring it enough. Saturday and the Rochdale game shows this team has ability, but if we concede first we may as well walk off the pitch there and then because the players heads drop and we turn to shit.
Sherwood has his work cut out, but I'd much prefer a performance like last night to be in the cup and not league. Let's see where we are after 5/6 games under him.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:59:05 »

Good luck in the hospital.

The booing was people being thoroughly pissed off, of course you're right, on the pitch it achieves nothing, but off it? Cathartic release?

As for me, I went to see Ricky Warwick, ex-Almighty, tonight. Fine gig.

Loyal supporter? I'm beginning to wonder... The Preston game really did knock me back.
FWIW I agree on all counts, and good luck Vee.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 10:07:24 »

I'm sick of this "they're a young side" bullshit excuse.
My grandad fought in the 1st world war at age 15,he lied about his age to join up,these cunts can't beat Eastleigh in the FA cup!

Fucking inept. A disgrace not fit to wear the red shirt.

As Swindon's own Dave Squires once put it...

* 2016-03-30 10.20.06.jpg (127.06 KB, 679x449 - viewed 121 times.)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 10:17:49 »

As Swindon's own Dave Squires once put it...

Smiley

Pretty much.

Buy his book, he's 'one of our own'.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 10:19:05 »

Even after a night sleeping on it hasn't tempered how thoroughly pissed off I am after witnessing that absolute shower of shit last night.

And for those who are of the 'get it forward' persuasion, last night showed clearly enough we aren't cut out for the long hoof. The number of either overhit or completely pointless 'long balls' all added to the general malaise.

You know it's getting seriously shit when the fans end up just taking the piss out of their own team. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm well on my way.  

During my 40-odd years supporting STFC, last night was far and away the worst 'performance' I've seen.*

*Although many of the games earlier in my support were almost always seen through a beer fug so I may be wrong.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 10:49:44 »

Smiley

Pretty much.

Buy his book, he's 'one of our own'.

His book is excellent, as is todays effort in the Guardian, which includes a reference to Sherwood

https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2016/nov/15/david-squires-on-england-scotland-wembley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 10:50:11 »

The keeper did indeed narrow the angle much better than Vigs effort for their second goal.

Trouble with Norris is he only ever gets the odd chance so he has to convert everytime whether easy or difficult
The 2 were very different, their player had the confidence to go around Vigs and dink it over him for their 2nd whereas Norris just hit it at the target and hoped for the best.  Also unless my eye deceived me didn't Norris have pretty much an open goal to head into right on half time and fluffed that?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 11:15:03 »

anybody get a good view of the penalty? What happened?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 11:28:18 »

anybody get a good view of the penalty? What happened?
Looked to me like their player pushed BOO over, fell over him and penalty awarded. It must be said BOO and Furlong got taken to the cleaners last night.   
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: