Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Eastleigh Matchday Thread  (Read 39668 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:20:05 »

Here's an example. Goddard was half decent until their bald headed defender launched into a crunching, but fair, tackle. Never saw a thing from him after that.

Contrary to popular myth Rodgers at least tried to inject some oomph into them. I've been silent about Norris but tonight he dredged the depths of ineptitude.

One more thing. If Sherwood picks the team, tactics etc he should front up to the media not Williams. Bollocks to this sitting in the stand, he needs to be in the dugout, on the touchline during the game. Luke needs to fade back onto the training ground
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:20:27 »

As for the game, don't get me started. It was almost exactly like Saturday. Except they did what we did, and we were more shit than Charlton.

You can accept being beaten in the cup by a better team, but the lack of bottle, the lack of desire, the lack of organisation (see goal 2) that is not on. We had it Saturday. So where did it go? Do Sky lock it in their TV camera van or something.

The lack of quality is something we can't really do much about until January. This front line is the least threatening I can recall seeing play for Town. The midfield has absolutely no balls. Doughty and Murray are good players, but there is no fight in there, well there wasn't tonight.

The back line are suspect. Branco actually stopped and watched an attacker beat him to the ball later in the game.

I thought we might kick on, I thought this might be the turning point. But I was very very wrong based on tonight. We are so inconsistent. One minute we muller Rochdale and Charlton, the next this. And unfortunately this happens more frequently.

If only we had a couple of players like their bald headed lump. Limited footballer, unlimited supply of desire.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:23:26 by Batch » Logged
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:20:59 »

Does anyone know what Williams said to the media?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:23:13 »

As for the game, don't get me started. It was almost exactly like Saturday. Except they did what we did, and we were more shit than Charlton.

You can accept being beaten in the cup by a better team, but the lack of bottle, the lack of desire, the lack of organisation (see goal 2) that is not on. We had it Saturday. So where did it go? Do Sky lock it in their TV camera van or something.

The lack of quality is something we can't really do much about until January. This front line is the least threatening I can recall seeing play for Town. The midfield has absolutely no balls. Doughty and Murray are good players, but there is no fight in there, well there wasn't tonight.

The back line are suspect. Branco actually stopped and watched an attacker beat him to the ball later in the game.

I thought we might kick on, I thought this might be the turning point. But I was very very wrong based on tonight.

If only we had a couple of players like their bald headed lump. Limited footballer, unlimited supply of desire.

It's the hope that kills you

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:24:40 »

Does anyone know what Williams said to the media?
I heard him but couldn't understand a fucking thing
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:26:38 »

I thought we might kick on, I thought this might be the turning point. But I was very very wrong based on tonight.

This 100%. I'm really struggling to work out why we didn't sign the forward on trial as it is clear we need it. The main concern tonight was the lack of desire from every single player in a town shirt. December could be a long month looking at the fixtures and if we can't stand up to a strong Eastleigh side I dread to think the score for Sheff Utd

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:27:29 »

At least we have a free weekend early December
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:28:51 »

This 100%. I'm really struggling to work out why we didn't sign the forward on trial as it is clear we need it. The main concern tonight was the lack of desire from every single player in a town shirt. December could be a long month looking at the fixtures and if we can't stand up to a strong Eastleigh side I dread to think the score for Sheff Utd

The way our season is going we'll probably batter them, then lose the week after
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:33:57 »

This Sherwood set up is comical..

Was he actually in the dugout tonight? If so, that's fucking ridiculous.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:38:26 »

Total embarrassing shite. Second in every department. They appeared totally unfit, clueless, inept and unable to do anything positive other than get the fuck off the pitch. Total shambles. When you think we cannot get any lower we can. I'm struggling to remember much worse. The non league side did a professional job on us. We did not win a challenge all night. Every player bar vigs shit.
Low crowd and probably a sign of things to come.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:39:20 »

This Sherwood set up is comical..

Was he actually in the dugout tonight? If so, that's fucking ridiculous.

It needs sorting sharpish. No time for face saving.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:40:36 »

I thought we might kick on, I thought this might be the turning point. But I was very very wrong based on tonight. We are so inconsistent. One minute we muller Rochdale and Charlton, the next this. And unfortunately this happens more frequently.

There's been no real evidence of a kicking on sort of consistency this season.....at least today we managed to put out the same side back to back.

Of the games we've won, bizarrely all on the back of a clean sheet, it seems once the opposition score the players crumble mentally.

The win on Saturday was on the back of some good fortune....namely nice OG just before half time, Charlton without 3 players off on international duty, would normally have got a postponement,  but couldn't because Sky game.

Rochdale are pretty strong at home, less so on the road. We've never lost a league game at Spotland, something will have to change between now and Saturday if that particular humiliation isn't heaped onto tonight's debacle of the highest ever CG defeat to a non league side in 120 years.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:42:11 »

I think it's become abundantly clear tonight that we need to effectively buy the spine of the team in January if we are to really turn things around. We lack leadership in the back line and midfield and a goal scorer up top.  After their goals went in none of our players said anything to each other, there's no one organising things on the pitch and too many players seem to lack the bottle to put their body on the line.

Also a left back must be a priority as think BOO has run out chances, poor defensively and hesitant going forwards and after the Laughing Gas episode last season has questionable temperament.

I don't know what we do with Norris or how we handle him as he's now a major problem and we can't just persist with playing him. He's effectively Pericard mkII in that he's so poor in front of goal and devoid of confidence that everyone has now latched on to him so is just going to get heckled more and more.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:44:59 »

I think it's become abundantly clear tonight that we need to effectively buy the spine of the team in January

I hope its that easy, time for Tactics Tim to call in some favours (with luck).
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:45:19 »

Humiliating,embarrassing horseshit.

What a bunch of useless wankers.

I'm sick of this "they're a young side" bullshit excuse.
My grandad fought in the 1st world war at age 15,he lied about his age to join up,these cunts can't beat Eastleigh in the FA cup!

Fucking inept. A disgrace not fit to wear the red shirt.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: