Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1212527 times)
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #1965 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 14:32:52 »

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet but, for those of you with BT Sport, you are now getting a month's credit because you may feel that £20 is too much for out of date wrestling.

I still can't do links but you have to go to BTTV.com and look for sport. It is not going to be an automatic credit yet so you have to request it at the moment.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1966 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 14:44:54 »

It's the type of place you go to for fresh foods, not brands - you clearly get brands from the cheapest place going.  I got drunk in that Waitrose once.

Same, there is a big one in Canary Wharf with a wine bar.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1967 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 14:48:04 »

As I said maybe 80 pages ago. This is going to get a lot lot worse for you all. It’s a shit thing to say but I can’t see any alternative. The UK is not even in lockdown. You can go the park, out for a walk, run etc. how many gates or park benches are you touching? Sorry to be dramatic but 563 deaths is more than spain and italy at this point in time in your process. Please stay safe. Even mystical goat ! The yellow fucker

iv stopped watching the news and various media outlets. scare mongering doesnt help and for those that are staying at home and being sensible theres nothing that we can do to change this situation it's out of our hands except for volunteer work and making sure everyone in the family has what they need.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1968 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 14:50:24 »

Thanks Mex, I can return the feeling with your losses too, it is awful times, more worrying for those with severe health problems too like you, but this is now affecting far more younger people and with no underlying health problems.

I think the severity is now finally sinking home with a lot of people why were a bit blasé previously.

Sorry to hear PV. Going to be a tough time for all and loved ones are going to be lost so my heart goes out to everyone.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1969 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 14:52:13 »

iv stopped watching the news and various media outlets. scare mongering doesnt help and for those that are staying at home and being sensible theres nothing that we can do to change this situation it's out of our hands except for volunteer work and making sure everyone in the family has what they need.

I’m not scaremongering. Well I suppose that’s the scary thing.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1970 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 14:54:34 »

As I said maybe 80 pages ago. This is going to get a lot lot worse for you all. It’s a shit thing to say but I can’t see any alternative. The UK is not even in lockdown. You can go the park, out for a walk, run etc. how many gates or park benches are you touching? Sorry to be dramatic but 563 deaths is more than spain and italy at this point in time in your process. Please stay safe. Even mystical goat ! The yellow fucker

I can't speak for others but I am VERY wary about not touching anything when I go out for my walk in the park, especially not gates and benches etc. However there are still people plonked on park benches reading etc!! I am way more conscious about not touching my face and as soon as I get home and take off my coat and shoes the first thing I do is wash my hands properly.

I think its going to get to the stage where there has to be a full shutdown however, we could very much see a day of 1,000+ deaths very soon.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1971 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:04:16 »

Why are we assuming our deaths are going to be worse than Italy’s when

- we have similar sized populations
- we have a younger population
- our infection curve is much shallower

What have I missed?? Surely it’s the number of infections, not deaths, that we need to be worrying about now - that’s your pipeline of future deaths (which is the most morbid thing I’ve ever written)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:07:34 by Bogus Dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1972 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:05:37 »

I can't speak for others but I am VERY wary about not touching anything when I go out for my walk in the park, especially not gates and benches etc. However there are still people plonked on park benches reading etc!! I am way more conscious about not touching my face and as soon as I get home and take off my coat and shoes the first thing I do is wash my hands properly.

I think its going to get to the stage where there has to be a full shutdown however, we could very much see a day of 1,000+ deaths very soon.

as you should. even watching tv and seeing actors shake hands and hug etc it automatically your mind goes 'they shouldn't be doing that!' I'm not too fussed about what I'm touching in terms of shop doors etc because I no I'm not going to touch my face and I have anti bac in the car and wash hands when I get home.

not specifically pointing at you mex. theres 2 ways of looking at media scare stories. some people need a big fucking shake and need showing the way. but for those doing the right things already then it just adds to the worry.

that healthy 21 yr old that died of corona all over the news that didnt actually die of corona is a perfect example of media storm getting excited before facts are established.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1973 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:09:53 »

as you should. even watching tv and seeing actors shake hands and hug etc it automatically your mind goes 'they shouldn't be doing that!' I'm not too fussed about what I'm touching in terms of shop doors etc because I no I'm not going to touch my face and I have anti bac in the car and wash hands when I get home.

not specifically pointing at you mex. theres 2 ways of looking at media scare stories. some people need a big fucking shake and need showing the way. but for those doing the right things already then it just adds to the worry.

that healthy 21 yr old that died of corona all over the news that didnt actually die of corona is a perfect example of media storm getting excited before facts are established.

It does take a lot of concentrating to not be able to touch your face however. Before you know it you are giving your nose a quick scratch etc!!

There have been younger examples of people dying of Corona haven't there? A 13 year old only yesterday in London I think?

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1974 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:10:21 »

Why are we assuming our deaths are going to be worse than Italy’s when

- we have similar sized populations
- we have a younger population
- our infection curve is much shallower

What have I missed??

the stats are very misleading on nearly every account. from China potentially lying, deaths being recorded differently, new case rates all depends on testing and whether people with mild symptoms or even none are being recorded. the only sad statistic is the death totals everything else I'm kind of ignoring.

the effect of this partial lockdown or whatever it is wont be seen for a while yet so it's no surprise that numbers are still going up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1975 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:13:23 »

Why are we assuming our deaths are going to be worse than Italy’s
Don't think we are, are we?
Surely it’s the number of infections, not deaths, that we need to be worrying about now - that’s your pipeline of future deaths (which is the most morbid thing I’ve ever written)
Yup, that and the fact the death stats are a bit prone to spikes and troughs due to time lags. Both clearly being wildly underreported though
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1976 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:19:19 »

Don't think we are, are we?Yup, that and the fact the death stats are a bit prone to spikes and troughs due to time lags. Both clearly being wildly underreported though

Both spain and italy are showing decrease in new cases and increases in recoveries. only when it's over can we assess whether the response was correct.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1977 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:20:25 »

Both spain and italy are showing decrease in new cases and increases in recoveries. only when it's over can we assess whether the response was correct.
Or assess whether those decreases are just temporary blips. Agree about the response to some extent, although you can already identify from multiple changes of direction that some of the early response to CV here was a bit haphazard and that the response to the early warning signs coming from the Far East and later from Europe was criminally complacent. I'm thinking about the dithering over getting in PPE, preparing to produce/procure ventilators, test kits etc. And there is plenty of that still going on. You don't need benefit of overall hindsight to see that we were less prepared than we should have been in the near term.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:24:45 by pauld » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1978 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:41:12 »

Or assess whether those decreases are just temporary blips. Agree about the response to some extent, although you can already identify from multiple changes of direction that some of the early response to CV here was a bit haphazard and that the response to the early warning signs coming from the Far East and later from Europe was criminally complacent. I'm thinking about the dithering over getting in PPE, preparing to produce/procure ventilators, test kits etc. And there is plenty of that still going on. You don't need benefit of overall hindsight to see that we were less prepared than we should have been in the near term.

yh we should have been going along as normal whilst stock piling behind the scenes and getting ready. with every country demanding the same equipment it was always going to hard but we could have approached uk companies to build earlier.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1979 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 15:50:43 »

Don't think we are, are we?

The post above mine did, and I took mex’s daily update of doom from the future to mean the same also possibly unfairly

Yup, that and the fact the death stats are a bit prone to spikes and troughs due to time lags. Both clearly being wildly underreported though

The volume of testing and types of testing are the two biggest things contributing to the sense of unease for me - for all we know the quoted death rates of 5-6% could be out by factors of hundreds if not thousands.

Speaking of, I see Amazon have changed their tune about selling the new antibody tests - they will instead be in charge of the logistics side of it - which I guess is good, and suggests they won’t be an open market free for all as first fearedand there may actually be some plan behind the distribution

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: