Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phone Back up Tip  (Read 520 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 08:55:04 »

Another tip from Martins Money (love that website) - just done it and its pretty good for backing up and FREE.

Website Mobyko allows you to back-up your mobile phone numbers from anywhere. Currently it's offering all MoneySavers a premium account for a year, which usually costs £24.99 a year, for free. So if you lose your mobile or get a new one you can access and restore your contacts online at any time from anywhere. After a year you'll be asked if you want to continue the subscription and asked to pay £24.99 (or whatever the cost is at the time).

Of course, if you've a cable and can simply synch your phone with your PC that's easier and safer. Though the advantage of this system is you can do it anywhere anytime.

What's included

The standard free deal allows you to back-up, the free premium account also adds:
100 free texts from any PC to a mobile
Extra Free storage space for pictures and videos from your phone. To do this though you'll need to send a MMS message to store your pictures, and that will be charged at your usual rate by your network provider
You also get a free daily news service and a 'dedicated helpline'.

These are of course just added extras, and frankly whether they're worth the £24.99 if you had to pay for them is highly debatable. Then again for free, it's a nice little extra.

How to get the free deal

Simply go to the Mobyko site and enter the promotional code MSE in the box underneath the sign up box.

There is no commercial relationship whatsoever between this site and Mobyko, it just knew that MoneySavers can't resist a freebie and Martin can't resist telling them about it.

What about existing users?

If you're already a Mobyko user you should be able to upgrade your account to the premium one for free as well. Simply login, go to 'My Account' on the left hand side and click on Upgrade my account to premium. Simply enter the code and you should get an email confirming that you've been upgraded.

How to save your contacts

Simply go to Mobyko and click on the sign up box (bottom left). Enter your details followed by your mobile number and the network you are on. You'll be sent a 4 digit pin number to use later.

Select your phone handset type and it will then take you through a step-by-step process of how to save your contacts from your particular handset.

Are there any other charges.

As there is a data call from your mobile to get the numbers across; this has to be paid for and you need to check your network's charges (though don't worry, it's likely to be in low pence not pounds).

Cashback Ontop Is Possible

It's also possible that by signing up for this via a cashback site, you can get cashback ontop too. Quidco offers £2 for people signing up and you will get this as well as using the code to bag your free account. You can also get £1 from Wepromiseto and linemypocket. If you're unfamiliar with cashback sites read the top cashback sites article.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 12:39:20 »

Another way is to keep an old phone, copy all your contacts to it, and then if you lose your old phone you can put a sim card in your old phone and copy the contacts list back to that. I did this when my new phone went spastic and I needed to reset it.

I've also got one of those gizmos that you put your sim into and it copies all you contacts. It's crap and doesn't work very well. Luckily I got it free, probably worth about 50p, but at the time they cost quite a few quid. Glad I didn't pay for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: