Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 41238 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:46:27 »

Love how you fail to mention Wycombe 0-3 down at home to Morecambe...and Luton down 0-1 to Cheltnumb.

While I agree re: DF, there is no chance he'll be sacked between now and end of season. If it was going to happen it would've been in Jan. That said, DF did improve us in the window. So he's likely to have until the end of the season. If we don't secure a PO spot then he should be gone.

The automatic places are probably out of reach. Luton and Wycombe are not on our radar. We should be very concerned now.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:46:29 »

Have faith people

Indeed, game of two halves. They'll tire. So will we no doubt. Bring Woolery on. Run at them as they get sluggish. Richards does look as though he's been watching Norris in training though today. Maybe he is just following insrtuctions though...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:49:22 »

As bad as it was from RC-C How the fuck was the Chesterfield player allowed to dance around about 5 of our players, on the edge of the box?

Exactly
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:49:51 »

The automatic places are probably out of reach. Luton and Wycombe are not on our radar. We should be very concerned now.

Luton probably but Wycombe aren't on our radar? 4/5pts behind them...in that theory then we don't need to worry about Crawley or Colchester then who are 6pts behind us.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RedLadyBucks

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:50:07 »

Have faith people
|I'll always have faith but this goalkeeping situation needs addressing.  If Woolery gets hauled off for not following orders then so should RCC should also be replaced.  Although I think he is a good lad his errors are costly and getting more and more frequent.
Joteddyred is spot on with her comments, Flitcroft will not back down as he doesn't want to look foolish.  All the time RCC and the team were doing well he was all too happy to keep badmouthing Vigs and alienating him.  I still don't really know what it is he is supposed to have done wrong?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:51:10 »

HT 0-1.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:51:33 »

As bad as it was from RC-C How the fuck was the Chesterfield player allowed to dance around about 5 of our players, on the edge of the box?

Plus their bloke is able to shepard a dribbler over the line.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:51:52 »

But nothing like any description given it on here.
How So? Described as a fumble,and that's what it was

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:54:20 »

Some points from the 1st half.

We got much better after Lancashire went off and looked more stable at the back since then too.

We finished the half stronger, much better in the last 15 mins.

Gordon is not a central midfielder, Iandolo would be better suited to that role.

Anderson is our best attacking outlet and playing well.

Mayo is out best defender and winning everything thrown at him.

The rest are very average, Banks settled down after a poor start and looks comfortable now.

I am sorry but RCC is nowhere near good enough for our first team, his confidence is shattered and looks nervous every time the ball comes near him which is scaring the defence.

End to end but not a lot of skill even though we have shown more than them on a few occassions.

Could be a fair few goals in this and I wouldn't rule out us winning easily but we need to test their keeper who looks low in confidence also.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:56:40 »

my twopenneth is short: still in the game, they are nothing special, but we've looked awful. no real quality anywhere yet.

but we can still win this.

not sure how I'd change it mind.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 15:59:07 »

We need to change the keeper, his confidence is shot.

I’d be hard pushed to pick anyone that is actually playing well. There are a couple that are less shit than the rest.

The one thing you would say from most of this season even when we haven’t played well is that the effort has been there, today they look more like last seasons team.

If it wasn’t for the fact that the curry house were going to after the game doesn’t open til 5:30 I’d be tempted to leave now Sad
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 16:00:29 »

Exactly

Obviously the GK did poorly but it's highlighted even more as a standalone position. I actually think a player ghosting around 5 players is even more piss poor than an individual error. I'll no doubt be in the minority. Except the picture is bigger than just RC-C being in his first full season for us. Confidence i defence works boths. Which starts from the attacking positions. Like the "Kings Wine story" if an attacker gives away a pass but just thinks, it's ok, the midfield will deal with it. The midfielder gives away a pass, it's ok the defence will deal with it. You get my point and it's compounded pressure. Sure RC-C is struggling but it is a team game.

Still, another half to go.

'Incessant Nonsense'

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 16:01:32 »

Totally random question, but do you think a player would ever be honest and say they were low and confidence and needed a couple of games out if the manager wasn’t going to drop them?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 16:02:45 »

we'd be talking more about defending if this wasn't the third game in a row RCC had fucked up. Tough on him, but inevitable he's a focal point.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, February 24, 2018, 16:03:50 »

we'd be telling more about defending of this wasn't the third game in a row RCC had fucked up. Tough on him, but inevitable he's a focal point.

Made even more obvious when every ball we put in their box the keeper comes & catches
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: