Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Totally lost for a title. Just 3 points to the’Pikeys’  (Read 29831 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:31:51 »

You know, I'm wondering if El Dinoclown is about to get the chop regardless of result(s)?

Just thinking, several players coming back in to the squad that had previously been frozen out (Baudry a prime example as he hasn't had a serious injury, same with the Grant cameo the other night), add into it the very experienced head of Camp. Then the starting of buyout negotiations at the club too.

Seems wheels could be in motion over changes. Maybe Sheridan is "in the job" but isn't actually having any say so much now? It's possible but probable seems a little further away. I guess the day we'll truly know if things are changing in the background will be the omission of Taylor "eye for goal" Curran, the managers favourite in Palmer is left out and maybe see Tyler Smith back in the fold?

I've gone from a "scrappy how the fuck did we win that" to a "scrappy how good is it to have a very experienced keeper in our set up".

Maybe Camp is eyeing a management role after retiring end of season?...Would fit the "young, ex pro" that many would be looking to explore.

Lee Camp is a real poor keeper. Dodgy knees and slow to get down to his angles.
Notwithstanding hope he has a blinder.

Yesterday’s news welcome and gives some belief that this storm could pass sooner rather than later.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:33:17 »

More inspiration taking the armband off Conroy. He’s always struck me as a model pro. Certainly comes across that way on the LS and other interviews. Something of a contrast to Dino.

This will hurt the lad big time.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:33:52 »

You do realise Camp isn’t playing today?
Panda Paws

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:36:29 »

This will hurt the lad big time.

Fingers crossed Dion outlasts the prick.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:36:34 »

Just seen the team, hadn't refreshed. Lolz.

In fairness, when Wellens made him captain I thought it strange to be lumping the responsibility on someone who was getting back from a serious injury. He needed to concentrate on purely playing. That's no disrespect to Conroy, I like him; it was an error by his manager at the time.

I always thought either Caddy or Grant would've been given the armband. Especially at the start of this season. They are both natural leaders.

But yes, interesting to see indeed that the "favourite" (Palmer) has been dropped. I still reckon movements are happening behind the scenes. It feels like a bit of a freshen up to refocus minds...I don't think that is the doing of El Dino.

Fuck it, staying with my gut...

1 - 0 (Conroy, for shits n giggles)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:38:54 »

Will be interesting to see how J Grant gets on given that many on this forum have yet to warm to him

Nothing to see here
normy

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:48:21 »

Not very keen on watching our probable shit, but I've paid by my ST so might as well.

ust be the oldest
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:51:20 »

Given the players available, that is the closest team selection that Sheridan (or somebody else) has picked to what I feel is our current strongest team - so that to me is a positive and refreshing thing.

Maybe things are starting to move in the background, nobody knows but positive signs all the same.

Still think we will lose, just due to the confidence and mindset of the team at the moment.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:57:08 »

Quote from: normy
Not very keen on watching our probable shit, but I've paid by my ST so might as well.

quite
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:58:20 »

Anthony Grant will never play for Swindon again.
He’s starting today.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:59:21 »

Lucky not to concede a corner after 15 seconds. As you were then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:01:21 »

Got to make the most of Twine fk opportunities with the wind tunnel in our favour this half.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:02:18 »

hahaha

swearbox
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:04:31 »

Anthony Grant will never play for Swindon again.
He’s starting today.

Cheesy
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:06:04 »

Lee Camp is a real poor keeper. Dodgy knees and slow to get down to his angles.
Notwithstanding hope he has a blinder.

Yesterday’s news welcome and gives some belief that this storm could pass sooner rather than later.

He's much better than many of the keepers we've had this season. He's the kind of back up (in the LMc role) we should have been targeting. I don't think he's as poor as you say Duke but there's no doubt Camp is coming to the end of his career (like LMc). He can still offer us something more and in the team environment as a whole.

As I say, people I know have very close links with Lee and Mick so it will be interesting if I can find out anything regards to what his Camp's next steps might be Smiley

RE: Conroy. I don't think this will hurt him as much. He's still been selected. That would be the destroying factor imo. I think he possibly could be a good captain one day but right now I don't think he's probably mentally good enough to take it. We have to remember the lad nearly had his career ended. Corona happening probably brought him the recovery time and chance to get back into the squad, that he may not have got if it had been a normal season.

I want him to focus on developing his game as a quality CB. The captaincy can come again. A drive to win it back if he really wants it too. I agree though that Sheridan isn't the man to develop his game Smiley

Given the players available, that is the closest team selection that Sheridan (or somebody else) has picked to what I feel is our current strongest team - so that to me is a positive and refreshing thing.

Maybe things are starting to move in the background, nobody knows but positive signs all the same.

I agree. That team on paper should be good enough for mid table at least, under the right guidance. It's the first time we've seen a true "freshening up" that doesn't make you go "what the fuck is that squad". I hear you on the potential that the team might  not be all there in mind yet but for some reason I have the positive vibe that Town can get this match over the line; preferably over the Gills goal line Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: