Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2046417 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 15:40:01 »

I don't recall being wealthy becoming a crime, sadly the whole tax thing seems to be getting mixed up in a new class war.....

Its not about a bloody class war.  Jesus the guy lied every day last week to us.  He's supposed to be leading the country and he lies to us.  He lectures about morality of Jimmy Carr and turns out surprise surprise he does the same.  How he can try to defend himself on this is a fucking disgrace.  I lie in my job and get found out I get fired.  This slimy piece of shit lies and lies and somehow its fine. 

Im proud my tax goes to pay for services in this country.  Do I think I pay too much, of course I do.  Dont we all.  But I dont seek to hide the money so I get to keep more.

Money warps your view of whats 'enough' so much.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 16:01:40 »

Its not about a bloody class war.  Jesus the guy lied every day last week to us.  He's supposed to be leading the country and he lies to us.  He lectures about morality of Jimmy Carr and turns out surprise surprise he does the same.  How he can try to defend himself on this is a fucking disgrace.  I lie in my job and get found out I get fired.  This slimy piece of shit lies and lies and somehow its fine. 

Im proud my tax goes to pay for services in this country.  Do I think I pay too much, of course I do.  Dont we all.  But I dont seek to hide the money so I get to keep more.

Money warps your view of whats 'enough' so much.

I don't recall saying that his lying bullshit was not an issue, it is...

However the facts of the case seem to be getting lost in the bollocks much are making of the fact that a) he got given a load of cash from his mother and b) apparently it has been stated that £70k plus was a 'small amount', neither of which have anything to do with the main issues and instead seem to be concentrating on the fact that the wealthy are well wealthy!

Certain posters much more up on the complexities of tax have pointed out the stark differences between the Jimmy Carr case and Cameron so I won't go over them again.

Finally if you have such strong opinions against being lied to by PM's have you ever actually voted for a winning party, in my lifetime I cannot think of any PM who hasn't been outed whilst in office for being a flagrant bullshitter - sadly I think it just comes with the territory, hence why I don't trust any of them!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 16:22:02 »

You may be right that some are turning it into a class war.  For me its not a class issue.  The money he's been given is not something Ive ever mentioned, certainly not the stuff from his Mum.

Yeah I have voted for a winning party.  Yeah they are generally bullshitters but if you just meekly accept that all politicians are like this and its just the way it is then it will remain that way.  Standards of behaviour will never change.  I believe things can and will change.

You may same Im a dreamer.....

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 16:46:50 »

I believe things can and will change.

You may same Im a dreamer.....

Probably....when you get things like Douglas Hogg, who claimed £2200 of expenses provided by the taxpayer, so that he could have the moat cleaned around his manor house....Cameron elevated him to the Lords, where they complain about the low quality of gratis champagne on offer.

One of the strong arguments for Brexit, is the democratic deficit....at least with our politicians there is some measure of accountabilty. I'd imagine some of the practices within the EU, are truly shocking, yet I see no or little accountabilty or even debate.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1474 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 16:55:02 »

I never realised that the EU's penchant for levying VAT on as many things as possible is because it - as an organisation - receives 0.3% of all monies raised by that tax.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 17:15:18 »

I never realised that the EU's penchant for levying VAT on as many things as possible is because it - as an organisation - receives 0.3% of all monies raised by that tax.

Well something has to pay for admin etc....

By its own bureaucracy's estimates, the EU loses 120 billion Euro annually to corruption of various types.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 11, 2016, 17:35:25 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 18:01:19 »

The 'Politics of Envy' mantra trotted out robotically whenever someone questions Tory policy or record is quite an effective way of rail-roading conversations into another direction. More 'Dead Cat Strategy'?

I saw a report last week stating that George Osborne's trade target of £1 trillion by 2020 (the 'March of The Makers') is going to be missed quite spectacularly. Either he doesn't understand the landscape that he is operating in and so keeps on setting himself (and the country) up to fail, or he does get it but his austerity project is throttling the country's potential.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 18:47:22 »

VAT is an EU tax. When the government at the time signed us up to the Common Market, they had to start putting VAT on items.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 21:09:32 »

Dennis Skinner telling it straight today in the commons. The bloke is a ledge!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 08:04:51 »

Dennis Skinner telling it straight today in the commons. The bloke is a ledge!

My cynical all politicians are arseholes mind thinks, Dennis Skinner knows he will be thrown out if he says that, then everyone will say how brilliant he is, thus Dennis Skinner says that.... It may not be, but I always think showboating when I see such things.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 08:43:05 »

It's just another example of the childish antics that happen anytime anything is debated in the chamber.

It's embrassing how they can never debate anything like grown adults within resorting to the general barage of shouting, interrupting and insults.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 11:50:47 »

Dennis Skinner has made a lot of similar populist gestures over the years that have been cheered to the rafters.

Equally he has done bugger all throughout his illustrious career to actually physically improve the lot of the poor and the weak that he claims to care so much about.  Whether that says more about his cynicism or the gullibility of his fan club is a matter of opinion.   It is a common trait of the far left however; Benn, Hatton, Meacher the list goes on and on.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 08:52:01 »

Skinner is just full of hot air and has never achieved diddly squat in his career just like most politicians from his party.

Be interesting to see if the lives of those in his constituency have actually improved income wise since he has been an MP? I strongly suspect not.

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 09:16:43 »

He's a straight talking, honest man who tells it like it is.
He's also held his seat since 1970 so if he'd failed his constituents would have been removed don't you think ?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1484 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 09:35:51 »

Dennis Skinner has made a lot of similar populist gestures over the years that have been cheered to the rafters.

Equally he has done bugger all throughout his illustrious career to actually physically improve the lot of the poor and the weak that he claims to care so much about.  Whether that says more about his cynicism or the gullibility of his fan club is a matter of opinion.   It is a common trait of the far left however; Benn, Hatton, Meacher the list goes on and on.
How do you know that?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: