Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 50709 times)
GL5 Red

« Reply #150 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 09:30:34 »

The sums simply do not add up.  We owe Power £6 million? How the fucking hell do we owe him, have we sold players last summer, plus play off money plus the young lads sold to Wolves.  We have the 6th highest average attendance, yet the lowest budget, makes me angry, Power must be laughing his. bollocks off.

As for Flash, you stop reading Delta Incline posts ages ago, thats how i feel about your general contribution.  Months back your sarcastic posts at me criticising Power, trying to be a funny fucker when i was highlighting genuine concerns.  Not so funny now is it, especially with the utter dross taking to the field every week.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:09:16 »

GL5 you are spot on.

The sums just don't add up- problem is with the exception of BBC Swindon Power has cut off the whole of the media so none of us can get close enough to know what's really going on.

You wouldn't do this if you had nothing to hide. He is alienating the fans and community at large
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:48:26 »

I have just bought a season ticket for my local premier league team for next season, feel like I'm cheating on my wife, but to continue the analogy, she's fit and the sex is amazing.... STFC doesn't do it for me at the moment, hopefully I will fall for her again soon. 
Aside from that awful analogy, I understand your point. The last time I enjoyed going to a game was when I went to watch Fulham. It's surprising how pleasant watching a game of football can be as a semi-neutral instead of the anger and stress that comes with watching Town.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:49:26 »

Most of the sums that don't add up are on this thread.

Would someone like to check and confirm this "£6 million" before getting carried away, because the original poster of the figure couldn't?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:51:05 »

Most of the sums that don't add up are on this thread.

Would someone like to check and confirm this "£6 million" before getting carried away, because the original poster of the figure couldn't?
It's £4 million now.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:53:29 »

It's £4 million now.

Fact or rumour?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:56:09 »

Aside from that awful analogy, I understand your point. The last time I enjoyed going to a game was when I went to watch Fulham. It's surprising how pleasant watching a game of football can be as a semi-neutral instead of the anger and stress that comes with watching Town.

I was chatting to a mate yesterday who's a neutral...he takes his son of the right age for father and son bonding.

He was telling me he'd been to 12 games this season, we'd won one...however they enjoy it, because it's comically bad.
Flashheart

« Reply #157 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:56:49 »

I think Power himself gave a figure of about 4M in a phone in, if my memory serves me correctly.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 10:59:58 »

Fact or rumour?
The figure itself was revised in this thread to an agreed-upon £4m, no idea where it came from
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 11:15:56 »

I'm the same, i always go to at least 5 games a season as a neutral because they are much more enjoyable (unless Town win). Villa, plymouth, Cardiff, FGR and Torquay for me this year
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 11:55:50 »

£4m was from a radio phone-in in January, it is on the Trust STFC twitter feed when they did their live updates.

I thought I heard £6m since then, but can't verify it, so maybe not... :-s
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #161 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 12:03:32 »

It seems like you see Town fans as either Power arse-lickers (and therefore deluded) or view Power as Satan (and therefore well in their rights to dump the club). There are some of us who able to accept a shit season, see that there is little positive leadership, comprehend that we are still a selling club, yet have bought season tickets for next season. We're not happy clappy, and we're not 'suffering'. We might just dust down the pitch forks and light the torches if there is evidence that the owner is leading the club to oblivion. Until then, I'll carry on watching the good seasons and the bad seasons.
Perfectly put, exactly my feelings too (apart from the season ticket part as funds and 200 mile round trip each home match won't allow).

The trouble is a  lot of fans these days want success and fast, football isn't like that for 90% of all clubs.

We are average, some great, some good, some avergae, some awful, thats just how it is when you support a club that isn't funded by a multi millionaire owner.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 12:06:04 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 12:09:19 »

I quite enjoyed our possession football for most of the match and Kean had hardly a save to make. We deserved a draw. I am confident that Power will sign suitable additions to provide the know-how in the final third to actually be able to score, and some better defenders.  I bought a season ticket before the recent dross, so have to believe that.

ust be the oldest
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 12:10:16 »

In Power's three full seasons we've had one ok year, one good and one bad. I think we should see what happens next year before writing him and the model off.

We were unlucky, incidentally, that the one good year coincided with a much stronger League 1 than the bad one.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 12:31:58 »

Players left because we didn't get promoted. That was inevitable. Unfortunately we just haven't replaced that quality. It's just one of those seasons. It's almost done, and once we are safe mathematically we need to move on and plan for next season.

Power is an evil genius...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: