Pages: 1 ... 2292 2293 2294 [2295] 2296 2297 2298 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8997032 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #34410 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 18:27:32 »

Only 25.

Another good thing.

We can cash in when we inevitably turn him into Ronaldo. I hope we have an option to extend his contract.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34411 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 18:34:01 »

Has echoes of Doyle about it doesn’t it.

FWIW last season Hope scored 14 goals in 40 matches. Doyle scored 11 goals in 48 matches.

And that was playing mainly as a left winger, in the same team that Yates only managed to score 6 in 23 games for.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34412 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 18:37:15 »

Scored both goals against us for Bury at the CG a couple of years ago.

For a player that prefers the play down the left he is very right footed, the opposite of Matt Ritchie.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 18:42:11 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34413 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 18:53:08 »

FWIW last season Hope scored 14 goals in 40 matches. Doyle scored 11 goals in 48 matches.

And that was playing mainly as a left winger, in the same team that Yates only managed to score 6 in 23 games for.

Oooo a left winger you say? That’ll have a few rubbing one out furiously.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34414 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 18:55:07 »

Good finishes, unlike Obika with the later effort!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34415 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 18:57:59 »

Good finishes, unlike Obika with the later effort!
The video on Twitter he posted there are some amazing strikes from well outside the box and volleys too, he knows how to hit a ball cleanly (most of the time!).

Peter Venkman

« Reply #34416 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:10:44 »

And the obligatory views of fans from the selling club Carlisle.

Some good some bad.

Now it would be more than a bit ironic if we used the cash to get Yates

Wish were in a better league position to say it doesn’t matter but when he was on his day he was quite effective, don’t think he’ll be missed personally by many as he cut a very miserable figure who has never warmed to the fans and vice versa.

I'll miss Hallam. A genuinly nice man, who woud always make time to say hello. I think we'll miss him more than some folk realise.

If he’d been as good as Curle made out it would have been great. That said, he’s contributed a few goals from wide left and seems to impact the game in his own way. A goal every 3 or so games is alright for this league and prolific by our recent levels!

He’s frustrated just about every single one of us and could (perhaps should) have been so much more effective but certainly wasn’t as bad as some (myself included) have made out at times. Makes sense cashing in before he leaves for free, but hope we replace him with an experienced player and not leave us relying on three loan strikers - one of which never plays, one of which never scores and the other new and unknown - to solidify our league status.

No great loss, he’s been poor this season and made it pretty obvious he doesn’t want to be here with his comments and performances.

Had a decentish season last season and a purple patch when the likes of Yates and Nadesan were here but was still an infuriating player. His inability to use his left foot was embarrassing at times, as was his constant bottling out of challenges and him chasing after defenders before pushing them in some sort of misguided attempt at imposing himself on them.

Any money is good money for him IMO.

I think we should have kept him till the summer for the sake of £20k or whatever paltry sum it was. Theres a lot worse players than him.

I don't care if he's a "nice person" or not, as a footballer he's been absolute garbage for us. Fantastic news he's finally gone - and even better news we managed to con Swindon out of a fee - suckers
Well done Holdsworth on this one!

The last two seasons he contributed to 40 goals (scored and assisted).

Hallam has flattered to deceive since the day he came. I wish him all the best but we need better quality, good move for all concerned.

Some great goals there...most I've forgotten about....he'll do well in that Swindon team I predict ...I think he's been unfairly criticised by some, he's a quiet guy and his demeanour can be misunderstood...not been his season this year, so you cant blame him for moving on, I hope he does well

As others have mentioned, hasn’t quite worked out over the years. Last season was a “highlight” but this season he’s not even been first choice in the worst Carlisle team in a long time. Surely frees up plenty of wages

Can't say I'm too disappointed with his departure. He has been bang average ever since Curle first brought him in on loan, showed glimpses of pace and flair at times.
To have made him one of the highest earners at the club kind of showed the type of manager Curle was. He brought Hope in as an out and out striker and its clear from 10 minutes watching him he's clueless at what runs to make into the box or how to hold or shield the ball - also has an Apalling first touch and lacked any guts to win the ball.
Not a striker and not fast enough to be a winger, more or less a nothing player.
He did OK last season when the entire team were in a rich vein of form but for every goal he did score there were 4 or 5 sitters he'd have missed before it. Should and could really have been quite prolific but clearly doesnt have the footballing intelligence to do it.

Good luck to the lad, but the fact someone paid money for him? Delighted, hope we can spend it on someone who can hit the back of the neck

Can see him rocking up in non-league for Stockport in a few years

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34417 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:38:53 »

And the obligatory views of fans from the selling club Carlisle.

Some good some bad.

Some of those statements could end up looking rather embarrassing. My money is on RW igniting Hopes season like he has GP.

Moreover I would love to be inside Bowyers office tomorrow when Hopes transfer sinks in. Clearly RW is not hanging about and if Bowyer has plans to offload GP, now might be a good time to do it. Three games and only a few attempts on goal clearly is not working up at Bradford.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #34418 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:44:19 »

I especially like that one thinks they might use the money to buy Yates...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34419 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:50:48 »

I especially like that one thinks they might use the money to buy Yates...

Yeah, doesn't he think that if we can afford Hope then surely we could afford Yates if the fee was similar. What a knob.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34420 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:52:47 »

For a player that prefers the play down the left he is very right footed, the opposite of Matt Ritchie.

Ugh the game... Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. Tom Pope ruining JSW too, not even a foul.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #34421 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:53:41 »

Yeah, doesn't he think that if we can afford Hope then surely we could afford Yates if the fee was similar. What a knob.
Equally as unlikely as him signing for Oxford as a lot of their supporters seem to believe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34422 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:54:33 »

Because Robinson came to watch him once
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #34423 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:55:44 »

Because Robinson came to watch him once
They seem to think they have some link up with his agent.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #34424 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 20:56:52 »

That version of STFC was dogshit.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 2292 2293 2294 [2295] 2296 2297 2298 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: